Cant play via streaming with 360 Controller in my Series S

Discus and support Cant play via streaming with 360 Controller in my Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Series S with a Series controller connected to it. I can connect the 360 controller via PC, but when I do the screen streaming, it only... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by erick alves de souza, May 8, 2023.

1. Cant play via streaming with 360 Controller in my Series S

I have a Series S with a Series controller connected to it.

I can connect the 360 controller via PC, but when I do the screen streaming, it only recognizes one input, that is: I manage to have two controllers working on my Series S at same time but both connected as player 1.

Can anyone help?

:)

erick alves de souza, May 8, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello erick alves de souza,

Thank you for letting us know that you managed to resolve the issue in your end.

If you have other concern related to Xbox product and services, feel free to create a new thread to discuss and we are more than glad to help.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello erick alves de souza,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

It appears that the issue you are describing here is related to compatibility of Xbox 360 controller connected to your Xbox Series S console. Let us see and check on what we can do to help.

The reason why Xbox 360 controller is not detected in your Xbox Series S because the type of controller will not work with the new edition of Xbox Console. Yes, you are correct that Xbox 360 will work when connected to Windows computer and is limited to specific version of Windows as well because Xbox 360 had ended its support and no longer updated.

You can also check on the Xbox insider community forum wherein similar thread was posted. You can find the link below.

Additionally, you will need another Xbox wireless controller if you wish to link two controllers as one.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. erick alves de souza Win User

you can only use a single controller while streaming at this time
    Actually I managed to make it work as follows:

1. Series S controller connected to the console;
    2. Xbox 360 controller connected to the computer (in my case: Windows 11, with an older driver manually installed);
    3. From there, just share the video from the console with the pc (through the XBOX app);
    4. Both controllers will do the same input, however you need to open the game you want to play (any two player/versus/coop game), and use the xbox 360 controller to log in with another account while keeping the other in the preferred account .

It worked for me and now I can play coop games with an xbox 360 controller connected to my PC.

Thanks!
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

you can only use a single controller while streaming at this time
  6. DiCalzi Win User

Can a Xbox X controller connect to a 360 Xbox

Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X controllers work on Xbox Series X|S, and vice versa. However, Xbox 360 is on it's own, similar to the OG Xbox.

What's cool however is if you remote stream Xbox One, One S, One X, Series S, or Series X on, say, a PC, you can plug in a 360 controller and use it on the newer generation.

But no, newer controllers aren't supported on 360.
Thema:

1. Cant play via streaming with 360 Controller in my Series S - Similar Threads - Cant play via

2. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  3. I cant play multiplayer on my xbox account because a different account got perm banned..I

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant play multiplayer on my xbox account because a different account got perm banned..I: i literally cant play my xbox because an account on my phone got perma banned.. i didnt even say anything mean. I was playing siege and someone messaged me criticzing how i played. And i replied...
  4. Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live: Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live 5258ef95-6cff-4136-82cb-4f8ad899b6fa
  5. cant play xbox cloud in morocco

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant play xbox cloud in morocco: hello microsoft team, i use microsoft game pass in my pc, its work great. now am in other city for some days, and i havent my pc but i have the META QUEST 3 the perfect device for travel because...
  6. I own games and cant play them without game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own games and cant play them without game pass: I own games diagonally and on disc and i do not have game pass anymore but i have owned these games prior to having game pass and i cant play any of them and it says i need game pass but i own the...
  7. Cant join friends playing mcc on steam.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant join friends playing mcc on steam.: Master Cheif Collection: We have both added eachother on steam and xbox and linked out steam accounts to xbox we managed to join and play yesterday but today we cant join eachother we both have...
  8. i cant access to my microsoft acount when i want to play minecraft on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant access to my microsoft acount when i want to play minecraft on my pc: i currently live in iran or persia (islamic republic of iran) and iran is one of non-access'd countries for microsoft login for minecraft. when i try to log in it says : you cant login in this...
  9. i just got alien ioslaton on xbox but cant play it via the xbox app on windows 11 is there...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i just got alien ioslaton on xbox but cant play it via the xbox app on windows 11 is there...: i got the game on xbox but cant play it through the xbox app on windows 11 e8c0d454-5581-44ee-8b13-4a00c87cce1f
  10. One of my Family members cant play online via my Gold subscription

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    One of my Family members cant play online via my Gold subscription: I have an XBOX gold account and have two family members linked to it. I can play with friends online, so can one of my children though the second child cannot and it asks for my child to choose a...