Can't play Red Dead Redemption 2 Story mode

Discus and support Can't play Red Dead Redemption 2 Story mode in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why can't I play red dead 2 story mode anymore I owned this game since 2018 and now i have to pay for something I already use to own... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Coma Aroma, May 7, 2022.

1. Coma Aroma
    Coma Aroma Guest

Why can't I play red dead 2 story mode anymore I owned this game since 2018 and now i have to pay for something I already use to own

:)

Coma Aroma, May 7, 2022
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

HELP NEEDED ASAP

Are you sure that you purchased the full Red Dead Redemption 2 and not just the Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode. If you purchased the Story Mode, then you need to own Red Dead Online in order to play it. Story Mode is just DLC for Red Dead Online and cannot be played or installed without Red Dead Online.
  3. John P_14 Win User

Gifted game

Just to confirm, is it Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition or Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode?
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

Owned red dead redemption 2

Did you purchase the full game Red Dead Redemption 2 or did you purchase Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode, which is an add-on for Red Dead Online? If you purchased Story Mode, then you need to purchase Red Dead Online to keep using the add-on. Story Mode is not a stand alone game. Red Dead Online used to be on Game Pass but was removed back in September.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Red dead redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode is just an add-on for Red Dead Online. Red Dead Online is required in order to play Story Mode. Since RDO was removed from Game Pass, you would need to purchase Red Dead Online in order to keep playing the add-on for that game.
  6. XBF - Dom Win User

Can’t play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode with game pass

Hello x23 Hyper 23x,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

As of September 13, Red Dead Online has now been removed from Xbox Game Pass. Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode is downloadable content for Red Dead Online and was not included with Game Pass. Therefore, you would have had to purchase it in order to access it.

For our users that have purchased Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode and are no longer able to access it, you will have to purchase Red Dead Online as it is a requirement.

Currently you are able to purchase Red Dead Online, Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode & Red Dead Redemption 2 (which bundles both the story mode and online)

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
Thema:

1. Can't play Red Dead Redemption 2 Story mode - Similar Threads - Can't play Red

2. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  3. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  4. Can't play online even with game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play online even with game pass: I have a game pass console subscription but whenever I try to join an online game, a screen prompting me to buy game pass ultimate comes up and won't allow me to continue. I already have a game...
  5. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  6. I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online: I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online 6a93b33f-c325-4807-87b2-f34cd175702f
  7. I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2 and now I can't play it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2 and now I can't play it.: Back when Red Dead got announced I bought the game and played it when it came out and then forgot about it. I tried to reinstall it and play it again and when I would go to my library, I don't...
  8. why can't I play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode: I was playing red dead online when it was on gamepass so i decided to buy the story mode but when the gamepass subscription ended i didn't any rights of playing red dead redemption 2 story mode...
  9. Xbox One - I can't play Red Dead Redemption 2 single player from disc while offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - I can't play Red Dead Redemption 2 single player from disc while offline: I own a disc copy of RDR2 for Xbox one and all updates are installed. I am currently unable to connect my XBox One to any network. Why can I not play the game I spent €70 on, on a console I paid...
  10. Bought Red Dead Redemption 2 and now I can't play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Red Dead Redemption 2 and now I can't play it: I can literally look at the store order from 3 months ago. I bought RDR2 and played it for about a month. Then work got busy and I didn't play for about a month and a half. When I dusted off the...