Can't play purchased game.

Discus and support Can't play purchased game. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a game on my xbox series x for my toddler to play. It has been working fine but I decided to get him his own xbox. There is where the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bernardreynolds1, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Can't play purchased game.

I purchased a game on my xbox series x for my toddler to play. It has been working fine but I decided to get him his own xbox. There is where the trouble started. I got his xbox one setup as a child account under my main account. It would only let him play the game on his xbox if it was logged in under my account.

To fix this I purchased the game a second time under his account. It still will not let him play unless I log out of my xbox series x and log my account into his xbox one. Everytime I go to start the game it says log into the main account or purchase the game. Both purchases for the same game show up in my xbox account.

:)

bernardreynolds1, Aug 9, 2023
  2. Frank Levy Win User

Purchased Game Can't be Played

Thanks for your reply. I ended up finding a way to contact tech support by phone and they gave me the same solution, which worked.

Thanks,

Frank.
  3. XBF Aicha T Win User

Purchased Game Can't be Played

Hello @Frank Levy, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

After each step try to see if the issue is fixed!

First, please select System > Settings > account > remove accounts and then select your account and select Remove to confirm.

Then, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2 to 3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

If the issue persists, please try to check you games in the order games history in this following website : Microsoft account | Home, while making sure that it is the same account you are checking on your console.

After following these troubleshooting steps, please make sure to check if the download is appearing both in your Microsoft store and on my games and apps section.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. melanie brown2 Win User

5. bernardreynolds1 Win User

I have the xbox family app. Nothing in the app blocking the game. The issue is the xbox thinks I have not purchased the game even though I did.
  6. melanie brown2 Win User

hi. have you downloaded the xbox family app on your phone. with this app u can check ur sons profile settings and see if there is something blocking him from playing the game.
Thema:

1. Can't play purchased game. - Similar Threads - Can't play purchased

2. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  3. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  4. Can't play online even with game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play online even with game pass: I have a game pass console subscription but whenever I try to join an online game, a screen prompting me to buy game pass ultimate comes up and won't allow me to continue. I already have a game...
  5. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  6. Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...: On my Xbox it says network connection good but Xbox service are having issues and been like that for a few days and I get kicked out of games and lag sometimes I've restarted my console removed my...
  7. So why am I purchasing the full game Dead By daylight if I can't even play it because I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So why am I purchasing the full game Dead By daylight if I can't even play it because I...: Just like tell me why I need game pass ultimate to play my favorite game even though I have been playing your games through game pass for a while so instead I got The Game bought the folder and...
  8. Can't play Java Edition even though I purchased Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Java Edition even though I purchased Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game: I purchased the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game about a year ago. Just opened the minecraft launcher today and it says that I have to buy it again. Idk if it's the fact that the I...
  9. Why can't I purchase & play Override Mech City Brawl - Supercharged Mega Edition despite it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I purchase & play Override Mech City Brawl - Supercharged Mega Edition despite it...: I want to play "Override Mech City Brawl - Supercharged Mega Edition" but for some reason it is "unavailable". I use quotation marks because I can still see it & its related DLC listed on the Xbox...
  10. I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play minecraft that I have already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play minecraft that I have already...: I played Minecraft on my old laptop but it died so I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play Minecraft that I have already paid for. On my account It doesn't show that I've...