Can't play original Xbox games on my xbox360 slim model for some reason

Discus and support Can't play original Xbox games on my xbox360 slim model for some reason in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] I have everything required to play the original Xbox games but it says that I need to download the game to play it. It comes up as an error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZappyFuzzball88, May 11, 2017.

1. Can't play original Xbox games on my xbox360 slim model for some reason

Can't play original Xbox games on my xbox360 slim model for some reason [​IMG]

I have everything required to play the original Xbox games but it says that I need to download the game to play it. It comes up as an error message but I know you can't download the game because I have them on disc.

:)

ZappyFuzzball88, May 11, 2017
  2. Senryu BR
    Senryu BR Guest
    original xbox games

The original Xbox games has some advices to do:

1st. Only US accounts in us territory can play (the games has IP block).

2nd. MS discontinues the support for Original box in 2010, that tool included.

3rd. See the compability list in the first post that helps a lot.

4th. That tool don´t work in some slim models; and only works in models whif hard drive (the slim 4gb model is included in NO HD MODEL, in order to "fix" that, you need to buy a slim MS hard drive).

5th You can still found the original Xbox games in games on demand section (i recomend to use that if youhave a fat model nad your account and fisical adress is in US).

I hoped if helped, and sorry my bad english, it´s self learnerd.

Senryu BR, May 11, 2017
  3. Hard drive

I have an XBOX360 arcade version, so I can't play original XBOX games on it. If I purchase an external XBOX360 hard disk drive and connect it, will I be able to play original XBOX games?

DoctorKRIEGER54, May 11, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey ZappyFuzzball88! Check out the steps
    here
    and see if they help resolve your issue. Post back and let me know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, May 12, 2017
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey ZappyFuzzball88! Check out the steps
    here
    and see if they help resolve your issue. Post back and let me know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. Senryu BR Win User

Fable 1 no longer works

Some models of Slim has problems to run Xbox originals games...

Let try to understand you have this game before and played in this console (slim)? is that right?

Because that a "little" problem in 360 tool for run Xbox original games...

The MS have discontinued the tool in 2010, when they close Xbox orginal network, end ended the support, if the game works before and now has stoped (repeting my self in this slim console), you have to enter in contact whif Xbox tellphone support and asks
    solutions, if they not ansk refund.

If your situation is i yhave buy Fable 1 in a fat console and now in a slim model the game didn´t work..., i am sorry but some slim models has a hardware problems wgif the tool and didn´t read Xbox originals games...
  7. Senryu BR Win User

original xbox games

The original Xbox games has some advices to do:

1st. Only US accounts in us territory can play (the games has IP block).

2nd. MS discontinues the support for Original box in 2010, that tool included.

3rd. See the compability list in the first post that helps a lot.

4th. That tool don´t work in some slim models; and only works in models whif hard drive (the slim 4gb model is included in NO HD MODEL, in order to "fix" that, you need to buy a slim MS hard drive).

5th You can still found the original Xbox games in games on demand section (i recomend to use that if youhave a fat model nad your account and fisical adress is in US).

I hoped if helped, and sorry my bad english, it´s self learnerd.
  8. RuggedWig852534 Win User

Can a 20GB Hard Drive for the XBox360 Play Original XBox Games?

I have an XBox360S; supposedly no hard drive besides the 250GB or 320GB will play original XBox games. On top of that, the 20GB hard drive I have won't even play XBox360 games (it can transfer data to and from the console, but it will not directly play the
    game from the hard drive). So, for all XBox360S buyers, you have to buy at least the 250GB hard drive that fits into the slim itself to play original XBox games; no external hard drive (that I know of) is 100% compatible with the slim version for any kind
    of XBox game, 360 or original. The 4GB flash drive that comes with the "base" slim is OK for most games but it can crash or slow down during intense moments.
  9. PlayB3yond27 Win User

Regarding "Xbox 360 4GB Console"

Are you looking fir info on the original Xbox360 or Xbox360s (Slim Xbox)?
Thema:

1. Can't play original Xbox games on my xbox360 slim model for some reason - Similar Threads - Can't play original

2. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  3. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  4. Can't play my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play my games: Every time I try to start a game the Xbox light on the console flashes and I get booted to home but all my streaming apps work... Is it time to get a new Xbox 7851d64a-061e-4492-84fc-35a9eea6a4bb
  5. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  6. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  7. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  8. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  9. My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?: Hi! I have a problem with my xbox elite controller series 2. initially I connected my controller via bluetooth on windows 10, then I bought an xbox dongle adapter to reduce latency, but it ended...
  10. It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...: It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I delete? I don't want them to see it, so why force it on me? c955e220-4888-475b-9a83-ac395c024dcb