Can't play online even with game pass

Discus and support Can't play online even with game pass in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a game pass console subscription but whenever I try to join an online game, a screen prompting me to buy game pass ultimate comes up and won't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SethM46b, Jun 12, 2024.

1. SethM46b
    SethM46b Guest

I have a game pass console subscription but whenever I try to join an online game, a screen prompting me to buy game pass ultimate comes up and won't allow me to continue. I already have a game pass subscription but can't join any online games with it.

:)

SethM46b, Jun 12, 2024
  2. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Can't play online even with game pass?

Please try to check your subscription in the order history in this following website : Services & subscriptions just to make sure that the purchase was through your account. However, if the subscription is active, I suggest to remove your account and add it back and perform a quick power cycle to your console.
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there SethM46b, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

It's important to note that the subscription called "Game Pass for Console" only provides access to the subscription game catalog, but it does not include the ability to play those games online. In order to play games online, you need Game Pass Core (formerly known as Xbox Live Gold) or Game Pass Ultimate (as it includes Game Pass for Console and Core in a single subscription).

You can see for yourself the difference between each plan and what they include at the following link:

https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass#join

If you recently purchased the subscription, you can request a refund using the following link and then purchase the other subscription that allows you to play online:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

If you plan to buy Game Pass Ultimate, please wait until your Game Pass for Console subscription becomes inactive when the refund is approved. If you purchase it while it's still active, it will automatically convert to Game Pass Ultimate, risking the loss of both subscriptions.

Please keep in mind that in this public forum, we are just fellow players like you, trying to help other players with our best intentions.

I appreciate your understanding and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Gerardo.
  4. XChrisX uwu Win User

Can't play Online/Multiplayer but Gold Pass is active.

1. Yes

2. Yes but then it closes by itself because I already have a Gold Pass active.

3. It gives a error message that I can't play online because I need Gold Pass even though it's already Active on my acc.

4. All online games
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Call back

If the other console can't connect to online games and you have game pass, it must be because you have game pass for console and that suscription doesn't include online gaming, just access to the game pass catalog to play
  6. General Usage Win User

ONLINE PASS + XBOX LIVE FEES = W T F ! ! ! !

You all know that ALL EA games that have a online pass does not require you to be Gold to play online. The pass will allow all users to play online even if your silver :)
Thema:

1. Can't play online even with game pass - Similar Threads - Can't play online

2. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  3. I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online: I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online 6a93b33f-c325-4807-87b2-f34cd175702f
  4. Why can't I play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play online: I can't sign in to Xbox plus there is other issue that happened it was dragon ball Sparking zero does not appear in the store what is going on abf0550b-4ad5-4bcb-9146-e7b273b17096
  5. I can't access online play for any games

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't access online play for any games: , I tried reseting xbox, reseting internet, I don't know what to do d294be48-c659-4a41-a5f3-5cf73d4e9989
  6. Series s can't play any games online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s can't play any games online: I've had an issue like this before. It was because some old privacy settings on my old account. I'm on a new account now. I've tried reseting my console both keeping games and a full reset. I've...
  7. I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....: I downloaded Microsoft Ultimate Word Games a couple of years ago. I've been able to play and watch my progress over the years. Today, the game wouldn't load from my downloaded version. However, I...
  8. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  9. Can't play online with gamepass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play online with gamepass ultimate: Me and my friend are game sharing so that he can play my bought games and I get his gamepass ultimate, but after his subscription ran out and he re-bought it, I've been able to download and play...
  10. Had to switch to core now I can't play online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Had to switch to core now I can't play online: Game pass expired now I can't play online with core ...I reset the Xbox ,logged out , still nothing 368c5e90-363e-4956-8207-bf57f92349ce