Can't play Minecraft online

Discus and support Can't play Minecraft online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been able to play Minecraft online (servers and friend's worlds) with zero issues for a long time until I recently ran into an issue that doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by keepolull, Oct 10, 2023.

1. keepolull
    keepolull Guest

I've been able to play Minecraft online (servers and friend's worlds) with zero issues for a long time until I recently ran into an issue that doesn't make sense to me. My game pass subscription ran out for the month, and it caused my Minecraft game to deny me access to my friend's worlds or even online servers. I've had my game pass sub run out before, but it never resulted in me not being able to play Minecraft with friends. The message that pops up says I can't play because of the way my Microsoft account is set up, and then shows me the different game pass tiers I can buy to play online when I choose to 'fix it'.

Is this just some kind of update I missed? I never needed game pass to play Minecraft online before, and a quick Google search says I don't need it at all. Apologies if this is in the wrong categories or whatnot, I have no idea how this website works.

:)

keepolull, Oct 10, 2023
  2. suroursari Win User

Why I can’t play with my friends in Minecraft

I can't play with friends or on online. in minecraft
  3. I'mAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that. Since you're currently a member of a family account, the privacy settings can only be changed using the ORGANIZER'S email. So all you need to do is to ask the owner of the organizer's email to sign in first at account.live.com

Once signed in, let him or her to go to this link:

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Settings

Make sure that under Privacy, Xbox One/ Windows 10 online safety, everything is set as ALLOW and EVERYONE.
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Kindly turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds and then plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

then try signing out/in your account to refresh it. If it still persists, you may also want to try resetting your console while keeping your games & apps.
  5. RichieB_ Win User

Hi keepolull,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with your Minecraft game that you want to play it online. If are you playing on Xbox console to be able to play online you should have a Game pass Core or Game pass ultimate to be able to play online.

Based on your information that you don't have any activate subscription for a month. May I ask if there is another profile downloaded on your console that has subscription and was set as HOME XBOX? NOTE: HOME XBOX is a sharing feature on console that will allow friends and family access to your games and content when you’re not signed in. Your home Xbox also lets you play your digital games offline.

Learn more: How home Xbox and game sharing work | Xbox Support

Also, I would like to ask what Minecraft version do you play, is it Minecraft for Windows or Minecraft for Xbox? The reason why I'm asking this for me to be able to provide you an accurate troubleshooting steps and possible resolution towards to your issue.

For now, you may try to remove and re-add your account. That also will help you to refresh your account from corrupted data.

We look forward for your response.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hello! Thanks for sharing your concern with me today. Kindly check if you can manage your own settings online at account.xbox.com/settings. Select your gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…). Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & online safety. Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab. Review the current settings and update any that you want to change, and then select Submit to save the changes then sign out/in off your console to refresh the settings.

I also had the same issue before and what I did is use another account and set it as an adult or organizer then add my main account as a child, in that way, I was able to use the adult account to manage my privacy and online safety settings of my account to adult defaults.
Thema:

1. Can't play Minecraft online - Similar Threads - Can't play Minecraft

2. I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...: I am trying to play Minecraft and it said before "you don't have gold/core" so I get it and now it says that I don't own the game. Meanwhile, I do. I need some clarification because I refuse to...
  3. Can't play multiplayer in Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't play multiplayer in Minecraft: I'm on Windows 10 trying to play Minecraft Java Edition, but the "Multiplayer" button is greyed out for me with the message "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings"....
  4. Why can't I play Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play Minecraft?: I received an email on March 17th, 2020 telling me my mojang account (with minecraft purchased) was migrated to microsoft. And yet I cannot access Minecraft for some reason. I signed in with my...
  5. I can't play with friends in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play with friends in Minecraft: I bought Minecraft for Nintendo switch and I want to play and it tells me you can't join cross-platform games if you don't have a Microsoft account and a Nintendo account log in with both accounts...
  6. I can't play Minecraft using the same Microsoft account I have always played Minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't play Minecraft using the same Microsoft account I have always played Minecraft...: I have confirmed that the account I am currently signed into has over 1800 Gamerscore for "Minecraft for Windows." I was aware that there was some account migration thing going on, but since I had...
  7. Can't sign into micrsoft account to play Minecraft on PS4 with plus package despite it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into micrsoft account to play Minecraft on PS4 with plus package despite it...: Hi I have brought playstation plus and can play all the game online apart from Minecraft as it asks me to sign into my Microsoft account but then does not bring me to the sign in page it circles...
  8. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  9. Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...: Hello, lately I've been trying to get on the multiplayer mode on Minecraft. I've found out that my account was in a Microsoft family, but I left it and changed all my settings including the...
  10. I can't play on my Minecraft Realms due to my profile name

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play on my Minecraft Realms due to my profile name: Hello! I tried to log into my Minecraft Realms, but it doesn't appear for me. I also noticed that my nickname is different from what it was and my friend can access my Realms normally and sees...