Can't play Java Edition even though I purchased Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game

Discus and support Can't play Java Edition even though I purchased Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game about a year ago. Just opened the minecraft launcher today and it says that I have to buy... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nathan J1, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Nathan J1
    Nathan J1 Guest

Can't play Java Edition even though I purchased Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game

I purchased the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game about a year ago. Just opened the minecraft launcher today and it says that I have to buy it again. Idk if it's the fact that the I haven't touched it for a few months and that it forgot that I had it or it generally has a problem but I know for a fact that I got Java and Bedrock Edition cause I played both of them just a few months ago and had no problem! (Maybe it's an update thing that I don't know about ) Other than that, If I can't get back the Java edition, can I at least get a refund? Thank You

:)

Nathan J1, Jun 21, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Bought Minecraft java and bedrock together a long time ago, but I recently found out that I can't play java.

Hello Javie Jumuad, thank you for reaching out to Xbox Support. I understand that you are having trouble accessing Minecraft Java edition even though you purchased it along with the Bedrock edition.

To clarify, Minecraft Java and Bedrock editions are two separate versions of the game and require separate purchases. If you have purchased both versions separately, you should be able to access them using the same account.

However, if you purchased a "2 in 1" pack, it is possible that you only received the Bedrock edition and not the Java edition. In this case, you will need to purchase the Java edition separately.

If you believe that you have purchased the Java edition and are unable to access it, I recommend checking your purchase history on the account used to make the purchase. If you are still unable to access the Java edition, please contact Minecraft support for further assistance.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned Bedrock for years and I have Java on my laptop.

Hi Victor. I don’t know how you played Java in the past. Maybe it was via game pass.
    But if the game doesn’t appear purchased in your order history, it means that you don’t know it.

About the Xbox edition, yes. It’s bedrock, but it’s the Bedrock for Xbox, not Windows

The free Java edition was granted to the people who purchased Bedrock for windows.
    Any other platform is not eligible, only PC (and the opposite if you owned Java)

You can double check this here:
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/66...

“I have Minecraft Bedrock Edition on Switch/Mobile/PlayStation/another platform besides PC, Mac or Linux. Do I get Java Edition for free?

Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC is only for the PC, Mac, and Linux platforms at the moment. This offer does not apply to consoles or other versions of Minecraft.”
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Syncing Purchases to PC from Console

Hi ID, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

No, if you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PS4 and link your Microsoft account with your PS4 account, it will not sync the purchase with the accounts. Minecraft Bedrock purchases are tied to the platform on which they are made. If you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PC, you will only be able to play it on PC. If you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PS4, you will only be able to play it on PS4.

However, there is an exception to this rule. If you buy Minecraft Java Edition on PC, you will also be able to play Minecraft Bedrock on your mobile device. This is because Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft Bedrock are compatible with the "Minecraft Live" feature.

If you just want to play the Minecraft you paid for on your PC, you don't need to buy Minecraft Bedrock for PS4. You can download the free version of Minecraft: Java Edition from the Minecraft website.

Here are some steps to download the free version of Minecraft: Java Edition:

Visit the Minecraft website.
    Click on the "Download Minecraft" button.
    Select "Minecraft: Java Edition".
    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
    Once you have downloaded Minecraft: Java Edition, you will be able to play it on your PC.

I hope my answer was helpful and clarified your doubts. do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other problem. have a nice day.

Oskayra
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Java and bedrock edition

Can I get Minecraft: Java Edition for free if I bought Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and i linked the Microsoft account?
    No. The java and bedrock edition are completely separate from eachother so if you want the java edition you will have to purchase it

Source: me. Its what i had to do.
  6. Kinglez Win User

My account was charged for game pass for pc and it says i have it but i cant play Minecraft Java

As previously noted. Microsoft owns Minecraft, however Minecraft Java is not a Microsoft or Xbox game. The PC equivalent is “Minecraft Windows 10 edition” the Java version is a separate game not part of Minecraft bedrock, their-for not cross play with other devices.

Xbox owns W10 edition not Java edition
Thema:

1. Can't play Java Edition even though I purchased Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game - Similar Threads - Can't play Java

2. I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...: I am trying to play Minecraft and it said before "you don't have gold/core" so I get it and now it says that I don't own the game. Meanwhile, I do. I need some clarification because I refuse to...
  3. Minecraft Java Problems, Can't Play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java Problems, Can't Play: I recently bought Minecraft Java and Bedrock edition but I can only play Bedrock, every time I go to play Java it says that I must buy it again in order to play. How do I fix this without having...
  4. Why can't I play Minecraft Java when I already own bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Minecraft Java when I already own bedrock?: WHY CAN'T I PLAY MINECRAFT JAVA IF I ALREADY BOUGHT BEDROCK? (I am on PC and it just says " Buy now ") I went on my other Minecraft account and it said "Play now" so I don't understand what is...
  5. why can't I play multiplayer on java Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why can't I play multiplayer on java Minecraft?: At first, it was because I was a part of a family group on Microsoft and my Xbox settings. But now even when I left the group (after a long hour on trying to figure out how to remove me w/ my...
  6. I own Java edition minecraft on this account and can't play bedrock edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Java edition minecraft on this account and can't play bedrock edition.: Hi so on this email account I own minecraft Java edition and have the same username as my Xbox account once on the website it says I own minecraft, but then when I go to install the bedrock...
  7. I bought Minecraft java and bedrock together, but I can't play java edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft java and bedrock together, but I can't play java edition.: I bought Minecraft java and bedrock together, but I can't play java edition. it will only let me play Bedrock edition. why is this? 3e34ab4b-4dd7-4971-9926-f00ce4307fde
  8. Bought the Minecraft Java and Bedrock Edition bundle for 29.99 but I can't play java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought the Minecraft Java and Bedrock Edition bundle for 29.99 but I can't play java: This summer I bought the bundle and have exclusively played bedrock because none of my friends played java. I tried to play java though and it says in the minecraft launcher that I need to buy it....
  9. I bought Minecraft Java and Bedrock Edition on Minecraft Launcher and now I can't play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft Java and Bedrock Edition on Minecraft Launcher and now I can't play...: I bought Minecraft Java and Bedrock Edition on Minecraft Launcher and now I can't play Bedrock Edition anywhere else. 96409300-d860-4b60-9687-f3bb66d72939
  10. I bought Bedrock Edition and can't play Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Bedrock Edition and can't play Java Edition: I bought Minecraft Bedrock Edition but I don't have Java Edition. When I go to the buy Java & Bedrock Edition page it doesn't let me get it for free It's been over 72 hours and it Hasn't changed....