Can't play Halo with my son when we played together previously...

Discus and support Can't play Halo with my son when we played together previously... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son and I have been playing Halo: Master Chief Collection together recently. We have played together in several firefights and started a campaign on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by joedratnol, Jun 29, 2022.

1. joedratnol
    joedratnol Guest

My son and I have been playing Halo: Master Chief Collection together recently. We have played together in several firefights and started a campaign on Halo CE. We last played together 2 days ago on the campaign, but now he can't join my game, I can't join his game, and he doesn't even show up on my roster. He has no problem joining random multiplayer firefights.

I do not know if I accidentally changed some settings somewhere, but I have the family accounts set up to be able to play multiplayer and such.

I would like to continue playing with him. I am using an Xbox Series X and he is using an original Xbox One.

:)

joedratnol, Jun 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Joe

Could you try double check online permissions are allowed for everything on both accounts:

http://account.xbox.com/settings

If yes delete your son as friend and do the opposite with him and do this on both consoles:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Aftert that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Add his account again as friend, do the opposite with his account and try again
  3. joedratnol Win User

Thank you. That certainly worked, but only for 1 day.

Today it does not allow him to join me or me to join him again. This is very frustrating as it clearly should not be happening.
  4. SETHOMATIC Win User

Biggest disappointment in 30 years of gaming

Went to play with my Sons and friends, complete disappointment we can't play together. I want to return it.

Waste of money.
  5. PlumbingSpade Win User

Biggest disappointment in 30 years of gaming

I agree My 11yr old son and I waited and waited to get Halo 5, and even after we got it we couldn't play it for 3 more days cause there wasn't a time that we could be together to play it finally this afternoon we could....NOPE!!!!!! no two player except
    co-op what a disappointment . I didn't even check the box when we bought it because we have been playing halo together for years. I can't even comment on the greed involved with the decision to ruin a game and make it so everyone sits in front of their screens
    cheering no one but themselves on. needless to say we tossed it and are looking for a different format in which to play r games on from here on.
  6. Ms Respawn Win User

Son gave out his last name

When he would play games like Call of Duty MW3 or Halo we would play together, trust me, im not going to let my son play anything I would think would negatively affect him. Yes, you are the troll, trying to defend a possible adult asking a young boy his
    last name.
Thema:

1. Can't play Halo with my son when we played together previously... - Similar Threads - Can't play Halo

2. Halo Master Chief Collection - Error coop mode, can't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master Chief Collection - Error coop mode, can't play: Hello team! I have the following problem with my MC game. I'm trying to play with my brother co op mode, LAN mode (I have already tried with Xbox Live), he can join my team, I can select the...
  3. Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?: Hi, I'm having a problem trying to play co op with my friend and it keeps kicking us both out of the game. We both have updated versions of our game and our system. I'd like to know what to do to...
  4. I can't sign into any other accounts to play Halo Infinite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't sign into any other accounts to play Halo Infinite: Last year I downloaded halo infinite and signed in with my Microsoft account. After a while I stopped playing and since then I have made a new microsoft account and stopped using the one i used on...
  5. Why can't I play Halo infinite campaign even with the disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Halo infinite campaign even with the disc: I have purchased a pre owned copy of Halo infinite for my Xbox one. I have installed it fine. Game loads fine but when I try and start campaign from the main menu it says I have to pay for the...
  6. Halo 5 - Partner can play, I can't (error authorising user message)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5 - Partner can play, I can't (error authorising user message): Hello, I am at a complete loss here. I have been playing through the Halo 5 campaign but for days now I can't even get past the main menu as I am greeted with the message 'Attention, error...
  7. i just can't play Halo: The Master Chief Collection online, can't access online content,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i just can't play Halo: The Master Chief Collection online, can't access online content,...: Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam is a mess. Everybody knows that. But recently, i just can't seem to do anything online. I can't start multiplayer matchmaking, i can't even invite my...
  8. Why can't I play halo infinite when I preordered it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play halo infinite when I preordered it: I preordered Halo Infinite when option first came. I played the campaign Monday night but can no longer play. The game is saying I don't own the campaign. It's also no longer showing as owned...
  9. My game pass subscription is current and paid but I can't play halo infinite all of a sudden

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game pass subscription is current and paid but I can't play halo infinite all of a sudden: Every time i try to play halo infinite i get a prompt saying "Looks like you have to renew your xbox game pass." I have tried resetting my console 3 times. I have checked my game pass ultimate...
  10. I can't play "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" without the Internet on my PC (Windows)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" without the Internet on my PC (Windows): When I try to play in offline mode, either the campaign or local multiplayer, it tells me that I have not installed the halo campaign/content of Halo, but obviously it is installed because when I...