Can't Play Games On PC Using Xbox's Play Anywhere.

Discus and support Can't Play Games On PC Using Xbox's Play Anywhere. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having issues trying to run games that I own on Xbox on my PC most notably Celeste I own celeste and it doesn't appear in my library. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Axel Santini, May 21, 2023.

1. Axel Santini
    Axel Santini Guest

I've been having issues trying to run games that I own on Xbox on my PC most notably Celeste I own celeste and it doesn't appear in my library.

I have also checked that it can run on the pc and it says that it can so I don't know what the problem is.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Axel Santini, May 21, 2023
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Can't transfer from PC to Xbox?

3. ArminatorX Win User

can i download Xbox software to my desktop PC?

What particular games are you talking about?

There are "Xbox Play Anywhere" titles, which are released both on Xbox One and PC. So if you buy it once on Xbox One or PC, you can play it on both.

However, not all Xbox games are "Play Anywhere" titles. A list of
    Play Anywhere games that work both on Xbox and Windows 10 PC is here

If it's not a Play Anywhere title, you won't be able to play that Xbox game on your PC. And Play Anywhere also only works as a download. You can't use the Xbox disc on your PC to play the game.

As for compatibility with modern Joysticks: As long as the game supports DirectInput (which almost all modern games use), you should be good.
  4. ngocphi Win User

I think you are misunderstanding what playanywhere is

They are digiral games on Xbox which can be purchased for pc or xbox

However they are very limited titles

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/games/xbox-play-anywhere&ved=2ahUKEwiI2rbE_oX_AhVOjYkEHQJTB84QFnoECBIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0phzRtZ83rdNcspq8up-z5

I'd you have it om disk it won't work it has to be digiral and on the same account
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

1. Make sure you're logged in with correct account on your PC
    2. Open the Xbox App on PC and click on My Library
    3. Click the Clear button to remove any filters
    4. Click on the Availability box and put a tick in the Owned option
    5. Click Apply. This should then show you all the games you own for PC, including Xbox Play Anywhere titles.
    6. find your game in the list, click on it to open the screen that allows you install your game.

[​IMG]
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

I'd you have it om disk it won't work it has to be digiral and on the same account
    Celest is a Play Anywhere title and it's not available on disc. It's only just over 1GB.
Thema:

1. Can't Play Games On PC Using Xbox's Play Anywhere. - Similar Threads - Can't Play Games

2. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  3. Can't play online even with game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play online even with game pass: I have a game pass console subscription but whenever I try to join an online game, a screen prompting me to buy game pass ultimate comes up and won't allow me to continue. I already have a game...
  4. Why can't I play games on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play games on my Xbox?: I have an Xbox series S btw when I click on a game it doesn't launch it and gives me a grey screen for a couple of seconds, then goes back to the home screen. I've searched online and tried...
  5. I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help

in XBoX on Windows
    I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help: I play virtual gaming and I am having a hard time downloading the game and I need help if someone can help me please? 85094ede-f6b5-425c-b2ad-fc8e15617c7d
  6. I can't access online play for any games

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't access online play for any games: , I tried reseting xbox, reseting internet, I don't know what to do d294be48-c659-4a41-a5f3-5cf73d4e9989
  7. can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is...: Change my phone and password now can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is cancel subscription and start all over. Very frustrating...
  8. Series s can't play any games online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s can't play any games online: I've had an issue like this before. It was because some old privacy settings on my old account. I'm on a new account now. I've tried reseting my console both keeping games and a full reset. I've...
  9. I've done a full factory reset and want to play my games offline however I can't set my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've done a full factory reset and want to play my games offline however I can't set my...: I've been having connection issues so I did a full factory reset. It's not allowing me to play my games offline. I haven't even used the 'home' Xbox feature as far as I know and yet it won't allow...
  10. Can't play cloud games because play button greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play cloud games because play button greyed out: I just purchased the Game Pass Ultimate subscription and a new Xbox controller. I was able to successfully connect the controller to both my MacBook Pro and to my iPad however I cannot play any...