Cant play games on my xbox one when my son is playing on his separate xbox one

Discus and support Cant play games on my xbox one when my son is playing on his separate xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an xbox one in the living room which has live and Game Pass on it. At xmas we bought my son an xbox one and put it in his room. I logged into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vogtx, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Vogtx
    Vogtx Guest

I have an xbox one in the living room which has live and Game Pass on it.
    At xmas we bought my son an xbox one and put it in his room.

I logged into it so he has live and Game Pass so can download the games he wants to play

We have always been in a family group on the original xbox one and havent changed anything on there

However, we have now discovered that if he is playing games that have been obtained by game pass I cannot play games on mine as he has to have logged into my account on his xboxbefore switching to his account to play game pass games
    When I log on and try to play games it tells me I cant as it would have to end his session
    I have tried making his xbox the home one as I read elsewhere this would fix it but it is still doing the same

Please help

:)

Vogtx, Feb 18, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Vogtx, how are you today? Hope you're well.

You can easily fix this by setting your account (the one that has the games and subscriptions) as home console on your son's console. That way he will have access to all your contents without having to log into your account every time. :)

On your son's console:

With your account logged in, press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Settings > General > Personalisation, and then select My home Xbox.

Do either of the following to change the status of your Xbox: To make this your home Xbox, select Make this my home Xbox.

That's it, after you do it, restart the console, and log in just on your son's account. :)
  3. colinmc23 Win User

0x87DD0019 code.

Hi, I just got the xbox one with COD Ghosts. There is my profile and my son's, i was thinking we could progress separately through the game.

However, when my son was playing he got signed out and the code above resulted.

Because of this he lost all his progress and it seemed whichever one of us is signed in the game has reset to my checkpoint.

Can someone clarify how the profiles work especially when kinect is involved in signing people in and passing the controller? Thanks.
  4. FF Square Enix Win User

Making new account for son.

You cant transfer between accounts but if you make your xbox home xbox, you can use other accounts on it and share playing games between them. My wife and son have their separate accounts on my xbox and they can play all the games I own on my account.
  5. shaun coleman1 Win User

2 consoles

Hi, no different games ,if my son is playing a game on his xbxo one it won't let me play a game on my xbox x?
  6. anna cooke Win User

Fc24 game share

Thank you so much for your help. So just to clarify when I set up the new xbox with the digital download I can also use it on the other xbox one and they both have the game but can play and create teams completely separately?

They have 2 separate Microsoft accounts so when I log in qith the game I can then log back out and the game will still be there when my son logs back in on his account??
Thema:

1. Cant play games on my xbox one when my son is playing on his separate xbox one - Similar Threads - Cant play games

2. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  3. Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live: Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live 5258ef95-6cff-4136-82cb-4f8ad899b6fa
  4. I own games and cant play them without game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own games and cant play them without game pass: I own games diagonally and on disc and i do not have game pass anymore but i have owned these games prior to having game pass and i cant play any of them and it says i need game pass but i own the...
  5. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  6. Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.: Game is lord of the rings, battle for middle earth 1 and 2. Did some research many people have had this issue and have resorted to downloading dodgy fixes instead of Microsoft allowing old games....
  7. I cant play a game because of Performance Check

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play a game because of Performance Check: I have xbox game pass and I can`t open Hell Let Loose because of ,,Performance check not available...'' i want to mention that i have a good pc with 3060ti and i9 gen10...
  8. I cant play forza 5 with game pass core

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play forza 5 with game pass core: I brought a 3 months xbox gold live voucher and when I redeemed it was not was it said it was and was infact xbox core. This was not what I payed for and was mislead by Xbox which om not happy...
  9. Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?: series x keeps crashing on numerous br cant even play c.o.d d23f1d63-d163-4e5e-a7a1-e82fe542be82
  10. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...