Can't play disk and xbox says i need to "renew xbox game pass subscription"

Discus and support Can't play disk and xbox says i need to "renew xbox game pass subscription" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox tells me I need to "renew my xbox game pass subscription" to play Rainbow 6 Siege despite the fact that I'm playing with the disk and have never... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by oogaboogaT-T, Aug 5, 2022.

1. oogaboogaT-T
    oogaboogaT-T Guest

• Xbox tells me I need to "renew my xbox game pass subscription" to play Rainbow 6 Siege despite the fact that I'm playing with the disk and have never bought the game pass. I've tried restarting my xbox already. Is there another solution?

:)

oogaboogaT-T, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, oogaboogaT-T. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Is the disc damaged or does it look fine? Also, do you receive this message as soon as you start the game or only when trying to play multiplayer?

Waiting for your reply.
  3. oogaboogaT-T Win User

the disk is in perfect condition (i shouldve added that sorry) and it happens as soon as i start up the game.

to clarify. I open the game and make it to the title page but then i get kicked to the main menu and i get the previous error message.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Would you please power reset your console and router and see if the issue persists?

1​​. Turn off your console and your router/modem.
    2. Unplug all the cables from both devices (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 2 minutes.
    3. After 2 minutes, plug all the cables in again on your router/modem and wait for all the lights to show up.
    ​​​4. Plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

Keep me posted on how this goes.
  5. Genez241 Win User

Game pass not working on Xbox.

I have tried both and they don’t help.

When I try to play a game it says: “Looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass” 0x803f800e

When I go to subscriptions it says game pass and live gold are active and the next charge is next month.
  6. Francia J. Win User

I’ve never had an xbox subscription in my life and all of a sudden have received error code Ox803f900a meaning I now have to have a subscription to play any game on the series s, Is this normal?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

According to Xbox support: "This may mean that you need to sign in or renew your game subscription."

To play an online multiplayer game an Xbox Live Gold subscription is required. Now if the games that you're playing are games from Xbox Game Pass, you'll also need an Xbox game pass.

Xbox Live Gold subscription - required to play an online multiplayer game.

Xbox Game Pass for Console - Library where you can access hundreds of games.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Includes Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass for Console, PC Game Pass, EA Play.
Thema:

1. Can't play disk and xbox says i need to "renew xbox game pass subscription" - Similar Threads - Can't play disk

2. Why can't i play a single disk game i own anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i play a single disk game i own anymore: A Answer would be very much appreciated 1edfdc32-d19a-44fc-92db-662e2585cdd2
  3. Can't play games from disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play games from disk: can't play games from disk 948a7264-41ee-4c25-937c-62c4239a3edc
  4. Bought MW2 Disk for PS5, can't play digital on PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought MW2 Disk for PS5, can't play digital on PS4: I purchased Modern Warfare 2 for my PlayStation 5, but I have MW2 installed on my PlayStation 4 Slim but it says "Purchase Modern Warfare 2" and sends me to purchase Vault Edition... Do I have to...
  5. Why can't I play a game I owned on xbox one disk on series s when I've downloaded it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play a game I owned on xbox one disk on series s when I've downloaded it.: I bought a disk on Xbox one for COD WWII and it has let me download it on series s digital version but when I load game It says I have no ownership ffabf5c7-a3bc-4440-bd1c-6e59d0e43aec
  6. Purchased Disk Games are not showing up on game library and can't play EA games online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Disk Games are not showing up on game library and can't play EA games online.: All the games we purchased for our XBOX ONE on a disk, when loaded onto the machine, are not showing up in our account. We also cannot connect to play those same games that are EA online with the...
  7. Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read?: So thats one of the three errors I get. Dark Souls is the game I'm having the issue with. Another one is The Game Couldn't start, Try Downloading the game again. But the game isn't showing up on...
  8. If you don't need to be on the internet to play Xbox One Retail Disk games, why can't ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If you don't need to be on the internet to play Xbox One Retail Disk games, why can't ...: I distinctly recall Microsoft adamantly stating that Xbox One's did not need to be connected to the internet in order to play retail games. But, having experienced this for the past eight hours of...
  9. I own the disk/game but i can't play the downloaded version on my Xbox unless i put the disk ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I own the disk/game but i can't play the downloaded version on my Xbox unless i put the disk ...: I own the disk/game but i can't play the downloaded version on my Xbox unless i put the disk in? Can someone please help me!!!! 790319ac-60db-48dc-8177-14430bf3230a
  10. Can't play games, asked if I purchased the game/disk...****

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play games, asked if I purchased the game/disk...****: How come whenever I try to play a game, I'll click on the "tile" to start the game, and it kind of swoops downward and I either get a message saying to restart my console and try again, or a...