Can't play COD Modern Warfare on Xbox series X from disc.

Discus and support Can't play COD Modern Warfare on Xbox series X from disc. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed every possible thing I can and when I get to the main screen it tries to get me to purchase it (agai ) and shows that it's locked even... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by E R5, Oct 2, 2023.

1. E R5
    E R5 Guest

I have installed every possible thing I can and when I get to the main screen it tries to get me to purchase it (agai ) and shows that it's locked even though I have the disc in the xbox and it's installed, and the Xbox recognizes it. I've even power cycled the Xbox, pulled out the plug and still nothing. it wants me to purchase the game for a secondtime! I purchased it brand new when it came out. Is this a new scam?

I'll add it shows I can play Warzone which I have no interest in playing, I want to play the campaign which is on the right side of the screen. that's the part that shows it's locked

:)

E R5, Oct 2, 2023
  2. Merwins64 Win User

I'm having the same problem. I can't play my copy either. I wanted to play it again and it says I need to buy it again.
  3. Kerri Wacker Win User

I'm also having this problem. I even purchased it for the $20 where it asks me to buy it and it's installed and says I need to install it. I'm ready to throw it away...
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello E R5,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to play the campaign mode for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from disc on your Xbox Series X and cannot proceed due to it's locked. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

Before you can play the campaign mode, you may need to install the game and the required updates and content packs. To play the campaign mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on your Xbox console, you need to follow these steps:

• Launch the game from your home screen or games library. You may need to sign in to your Xbox Live account and Activision account to access the game features.
    • On the main menu, scroll down and select Campaign. You will see a list of missions that you can play in the campaign mode.
    • Select the mission that you want to play and press A to start it. You can also adjust the difficulty level, subtitles, and other settings before you start the mission.
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Jason Vaughan2 Win User

Hi guys, had the game for Christmas, unable to get it to run.

XboxX .. no other games installed.

Inserted the disc and installed the 5 hours plus 0f updates.

Go to start the game, and exactly the same issue ..

Multiplayer, Zombies and Campaign all locked.

Spent the last 5 days troubleshooting and still no luck !! ...

Help !!
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello E R5,

Thank you for getting back with the thread and truly apologized for some delay of my responses here in my end.

It seems that this is in-game specific issue and we need to reach the game developer support team to get the best resolution to your concern. We will help you how to submit a ticket.

To submit a ticket, click on this link: Support Options | Activision Support and fill out the needed information.

By the way, take a look first on the steps below on how to install the game from a disc. If all still feels, then proceed with submitting a ticket request to the game support team.

[​IMG]

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Can't play COD Modern Warfare on Xbox series X from disc. - Similar Threads - Can't play COD

2. I can't play the campaign COD modern warfare (2019) digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play the campaign COD modern warfare (2019) digital: Hello, I have purchased COD modern warfare 2019 digital, I have installed and uninstalled it several times with all the ad-ons and I still cannot play the campaign mode and it tells me to buy the...
  3. Just purchased COD MW2. Unable to play after full install. I can't get passed the landing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just purchased COD MW2. Unable to play after full install. I can't get passed the landing...: Unable to get passed landing page "press A to start" on COD MW 2 4458ca42-0711-457c-8cd0-fc1ec0a89099
  4. Xbox series X can't play COD cold war anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X can't play COD cold war anymore: I'm having a serious issue on my Xbox series x I just got. I purchased the ultimate edition of cod blackout a year ago on my Xbox one and that edition includes the series x/s optimized editions....
  5. Can't play COD - ColdWar after update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play COD - ColdWar after update: Dear Members, I was going to play a match on COD - Cold War, but now the system wants me to buy it again! Did any wan experience something like this? Does any wan know what to do? I thank you...
  6. can't play CoD-Coldwar on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't play CoD-Coldwar on Xbox One: I'm not sure where to go to get the help but here's what happened. I bought an xbox x series and bought Call of Duty-Cold War(Standard edition) but then I reset my xbox x and gave it to my nephew....
  7. Can't play CoD WWII, even though I installed it with a code on a card that I bought a few...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play CoD WWII, even though I installed it with a code on a card that I bought a few...: I bought a box that I think had a disc and a card with a digital code on the back (before anyone even mentions it, I don't have access to the disc right now) that I'm pretty sure costed $59.99 at...
  8. Why can't I play online while playing COD black ops 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play online while playing COD black ops 2: I have the Xbox one where you have to download the game to the console and we ran out of xbox live to we went on and bought it for both of our accounts and now two days later it is still saying...
  9. COD Modern Warefare Can't play campaign

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Modern Warefare Can't play campaign: COD Modern Warefare Can't play campaign error says Missing DLC pack I have the dish,worked fine untill an update. Please advise b05addf2-9ad3-46dc-97b1-a2979a651227
  10. Can't play COD Advanced Warfare on Xbox One please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play COD Advanced Warfare on Xbox One please help: I've recently discovered that Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is on Backward Compatibility, so I tried to play the game but to no avail. My first thought would be that the problem comes from the...