Can't play cloud games because play button greyed out

Discus and support Can't play cloud games because play button greyed out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just purchased the Game Pass Ultimate subscription and a new Xbox controller. I was able to successfully connect the controller to both my MacBook... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Colin Bondi, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Colin Bondi
    Colin Bondi Guest

I just purchased the Game Pass Ultimate subscription and a new Xbox controller. I was able to successfully connect the controller to both my MacBook Pro and to my iPad however I cannot play any cloud games. I'm only using cloud gaming. When I go to any cloud game the play button is there but it is greyed out and does nothing when clicked. I have confirmed my controller is connected and it shows as connected in the Xbox app. The controller works because I can use it to navigate on the game selection screen. I've followed all the instructions so not sure what else to do.

Anyone know what the issue might be.

:)

Colin Bondi, Apr 30, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Colin. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues accessing cloud games. Have you checked the Xbox Status page for your region? There is currently a major outage for Cloud Gaming in many regions: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Pc- Cloud gaming play button greyed out

Hi Lane. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I understand how frustrating it must be that you are experiencing issues playing cloud games. Please check the Xbox Status page again, there is a major outage reported for cloud gaming: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

This issue is currently being investigated. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. Overcorpse Win User

Pc- Cloud gaming play button greyed out

You are not alone. I am having the same issue. There must be another outage at M$. It's funny how a TV maker's game streaming service works flawlessly with very, very few outages but the biggest Software company in the world, struggles. Makes you wonder.
  5. saad maih Win User

Why is the 'play' button greyed out on Xbox Cloud Gaming

same for me but only fortnite not greyed but when i click on it i get the rocket ship for 20 secs then a message saying disconnected from game (i have game pass it expires next month}
  6. Jay-W09 Win User

Why is the 'play' button greyed out on Xbox Cloud Gaming

Thema:

1. Can't play cloud games because play button greyed out - Similar Threads - Can't play cloud

2. Why can't I play ultimate games on cloud gaming when I own them on the same account on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play ultimate games on cloud gaming when I own them on the same account on...: I have the subscription for ultimate gamepass and I am trying to play my games on xbox cloud gaming it won't let me play because I need to "join with a code" or "add subscription" that i already...
  3. I can't play any games beside fortnite on cloud gaming browser

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play any games beside fortnite on cloud gaming browser: i logged on today to try and play fallout 4 but the play button was blacked out, the only game i could even play was fortnite ( i don't like that game ) can somebody please help?...
  4. Why is Cities: Skylines 2 on PC Game Pass but I can't play it on Xbox Ultimate Cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Cities: Skylines 2 on PC Game Pass but I can't play it on Xbox Ultimate Cloud...: I pay for 3 services and still can't try the game. And no I can't just install it on my PC because it's not a gming PC, that's why I subbed to cloud gaming. Thank You...
  5. Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play: Remote play works on my iPhone. I bought a new Windows 11 PC and I cannot get remote play to work. The Xbox app sees my console (it can even see when it's on or in standby) and it tries to...
  6. Xbox cloud gaming can't play fortnite on a PC browser

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox cloud gaming can't play fortnite on a PC browser: This is one of my favorite games and it doesn't even work after I switch from geforce now. Mobile still works for some reason 7d772f9e-0cd8-4446-ab5b-07ce197603a7
  7. Why can't I play Microsoft Flight Simulator with Cloud Streaming on my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Microsoft Flight Simulator with Cloud Streaming on my Xbox One?: I have Game Pass Ultimate but instead of giving me the option to play the game with Cloud Streaming it says that it's installable and that I can manage the game. But when I press the manage button...
  8. I can't play cloud gaming in UK I dont know why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play cloud gaming in UK I dont know why: Can some one help me please I can't play cloud gaming on my xbox 83b9501c-dff2-44fb-b0d9-6d415a1327f9
  9. I can't play on cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play on cloud: Says there is one step left and won't tell me why 3e9a2295-489b-48e4-8d99-2dc7e5478d94
  10. I can't play fallout 4 (cloud gaming)

in XboX Insiders
    I can't play fallout 4 (cloud gaming): Each time I load into the game it keeps crashing and I don't know what to do now submitted by /u/S1mplykoi [link] [comments]