Can't play Bully after gamertag change

Discus and support Can't play Bully after gamertag change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I changed my gamer tag and tried to play Bully on Xbox, it wouldn't allow me to access my saves because it's not connected to Xbox Live (two... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Dennis Huntersons, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Can't play Bully after gamertag change

When I changed my gamer tag and tried to play Bully on Xbox, it wouldn't allow me to access my saves because it's not connected to Xbox Live (two things: one, you don't need Xbox Live to play Bully, and two, when I was asked to select a profile, my old gamer tag was there.)

I didn't change anything other than my gamer tag, so what can I do? I have a save that contains a fully completed storyline, and I don't want to replay the whole story just for a gamer tag.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Dennis Huntersons, Dec 9, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Dennis,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're having trouble accessing your saves in Bully after changing your gamertag. It sounds like the game is still recognizing your old gamertag, which is causing the issue. Let us help you get to the bottom of this or point you to the right support team where we can get the most accurate resolution to your concern.

Changing your gamer tag on Xbox should not affect your ability to play Bully or access your saves, as long as you're using the same Microsoft account that you used before. However, there are some possible reasons why you might encounter this issue:

• Your save file might be corrupted or incompatible with the new gamertag. This can happen if you transferred your save from another console or used a modded save.
    • Your Xbox console might have a problem connecting to the internet or syncing your data with the cloud. This can happen if your network settings are incorrect or your internet service provider is experiencing an outage.
    • Your Bully game might need an update or a reinstall. This can happen if your game disc is scratched or damaged, or if your game data is corrupted or missing.
    To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:

• Check your save file folder and make sure that your save file is still there and has the correct name and size. You can also try to move your save file to a different slot or a different storage device.
    • Check your network settings and make sure that your Xbox console is connected to the internet and can access Xbox Live. You can also try to restart your console or your router, or use a wired connection instead of a wireless one.
    • Check your game disc and make sure that it is clean and free of scratches or damage. You can also try to update your game or reinstall it from the disc or the Microsoft Store.
    If none of these steps work, we may need to reach out to Rockstar Games Support for further assistance. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and restore your save file.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Dennis,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. IAmProjectAlice Win User

Requesting a Gamertag change

You will not get a free gamertag change from microsoft, I was bullied and harass by other gamers on xbox live. But I paid the 800 points to change my gamertag as i was not given a free gamertag change, now i have a different gamertag the bullying and harassment
    has stopped.

so i would say get the 800 points and change your gamertag to something, other gamers cant make comments on.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Bullying regards to XBL Gamertag

The only way to get a free gamertag change is if the account was just created and the system created the gamertag or the enforcement team will issue a forced gamertag change if the gamertag violates the code of conduct. If neither of those apply, then the
    only way to change the gamertag is to pay for the change.

If your sons come across bullies they should file complaints on those gamers via the console and block communications with them. They can also set there settings to only play with friends so they don't come across people like that.
  6. kayla girl 3 Win User

being bullied because of my gamertag online

Just block and report the people or ignore them who bully you about your gamertag. You can change you gamertag when you get the points but a force change is only for gamertags that violate the Xbox Live Code of Conduct.
Thema:

1. Can't play Bully after gamertag change - Similar Threads - Can't play Bully

2. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  3. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  4. Can't play online even with game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play online even with game pass: I have a game pass console subscription but whenever I try to join an online game, a screen prompting me to buy game pass ultimate comes up and won't allow me to continue. I already have a game...
  5. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  6. I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online: I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online 6a93b33f-c325-4807-87b2-f34cd175702f
  7. Why can't I play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play online: I can't sign in to Xbox plus there is other issue that happened it was dragon ball Sparking zero does not appear in the store what is going on abf0550b-4ad5-4bcb-9146-e7b273b17096
  8. Why can't I play games on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play games on my Xbox?: I have an Xbox series S btw when I click on a game it doesn't launch it and gives me a grey screen for a couple of seconds, then goes back to the home screen. I've searched online and tried...
  9. I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help

in XBoX on Windows
    I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help: I play virtual gaming and I am having a hard time downloading the game and I need help if someone can help me please? 85094ede-f6b5-425c-b2ad-fc8e15617c7d
  10. I can't access online play for any games

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't access online play for any games: , I tried reseting xbox, reseting internet, I don't know what to do d294be48-c659-4a41-a5f3-5cf73d4e9989