Can't play a film I recently purchased (Error Code 0x8004b897), plus screen glitching while...

Discus and support Can't play a film I recently purchased (Error Code 0x8004b897), plus screen glitching while... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Last night (GMT 5:00-ish) I purchased the film V for Vendetta on my XBox One X. After starting the film and seeing several blackouts (Video and audio... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Corvid-Rook, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Corvid-Rook
    Corvid-Rook Guest

Can't play a film I recently purchased (Error Code 0x8004b897), plus screen glitching while...

Last night (GMT 5:00-ish) I purchased the film V for Vendetta on my XBox One X. After starting the film and seeing several blackouts (Video and audio went completely blank for about a second, which happened roughly 3 times in 4 minutes), I quit out from
    the Films and TV app to try and restart the film, and the app in question installed an update.

Since then, I have been completely unable to watch the film I purchased (every time I try it throws up the error code in the title with a note that it cannot verify my "usage rights", and tells me to verify my date and time settings, which are already correct).
    Every other film in my library works fine, the issue seems specifically tied to V for Vendetta.

The app has also been somewhat erratic since the update, alternating seemingly at random between remembering how far I had watched into the film (thus giving the option to resume) and forgetting (and thus only providing the option to play from the beginning),
    and even at one point deleting itself, necessitating a reinstall. I have also witnessed visual glitching on the screen both in the app and on the Xbox main menu (in which everything flickers and gets distorted for a split second).

Measures I have used in an attempt to fix the issue, to no effect:

Checking my Date/Time settings.

Changing my Date/Time settings to an incorrect value, then changing them back.

Deleting and redownloading the film.

Deleting and redownloading the Films and TV app.

Restarting the console.

Deleting my User Profile (which is the only one on the console) and reconnecting it.

Changing my powered-off setting from "Energy Saver" to "Fast Startup".

Power cycling the console (shutting it down completely, then removing the power cable for 1 minute before restarting).

Soft-Factory Resetting the console (Game and App data left intact).

:)

Corvid-Rook, Jan 22, 2021
  2. brandoncox28 Win User

Error code 0x80190191

Having the exact problem. I have purchased a film this morning and when trying to either play the film (on Xbox One and Windows 10) or download the purchased film (on Windows 10), I am getting the same error message and code: 0x80190191.

Has anyone solved the issue yet?
  3. MkS Kvshpit Win User

Can't have any information online

Yeah but I paid my upgrade I've a bill confirmation.. One year Gold subscription..

Even if I wanna re-subscribe I can't I've this error code on my screen or the glitch error or Xbox Live Service Unavailable
  4. Mattbps Win User

0x800c000b

Hell Satanico,

i have the same problem. I can look the trailers of films without problem and if I want to look the film I get the 0x800c000b error.
    I can also watch trailers, but no films that I have purchased. I have reset my router, reset my Xbox, restored purchase films on the app, restalled the film and tv app, restalled my xbox profile, checked that I'm online. I had an update to the windows store
    the other day, both on my PC and Xbox. I can only assume that this has done it. I can't even download the films on my PC.
  5. Fire4444-F52254ED-80 Win User

The division gold

the same thing happened to me tonight - gave me an error while purchasing, charged me, and now it's pending (can't preload). No email for my purchase, either. I contacted support and they couldn't push it through. I'm hoping it's just glitched and it'll
    just clear itself up.
  6. CMUchippewa Win User

Dead Rising 3 graphics glitch

The game is experiencing some glitching at the moment. They recently released a large 13gb patch, but in the process it somehow messed up a couple graphical glitching. This should be patched again soon as I'm sure they are aware of this issue. I know
    what you mean, though. My buddy and I noticed a couple errors while we were playing.
Thema:

1. Can't play a film I recently purchased (Error Code 0x8004b897), plus screen glitching while... - Similar Threads - Can't play film

2. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  3. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  4. Can't play online even with game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play online even with game pass: I have a game pass console subscription but whenever I try to join an online game, a screen prompting me to buy game pass ultimate comes up and won't allow me to continue. I already have a game...
  5. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  6. I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online: I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online 6a93b33f-c325-4807-87b2-f34cd175702f
  7. Why can't I play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play online: I can't sign in to Xbox plus there is other issue that happened it was dragon ball Sparking zero does not appear in the store what is going on abf0550b-4ad5-4bcb-9146-e7b273b17096
  8. Why can't I play games on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play games on my Xbox?: I have an Xbox series S btw when I click on a game it doesn't launch it and gives me a grey screen for a couple of seconds, then goes back to the home screen. I've searched online and tried...
  9. I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help

in XBoX on Windows
    I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help: I play virtual gaming and I am having a hard time downloading the game and I need help if someone can help me please? 85094ede-f6b5-425c-b2ad-fc8e15617c7d
  10. Error 0xc33607d9 can't play film and tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0xc33607d9 can't play film and tv: to play premium content please ensure your build of windows is signed with the official Microsoft windows production certificate Above is the error I get in my film and tv app when playing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox error code 0x8004b897

2. 0x8004b897 xbox

3. error 0x8004b897

4. 0x8004b897 in xbox