Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read?

Discus and support Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So thats one of the three errors I get. Dark Souls is the game I'm having the issue with. Another one is The Game Couldn't start, Try Downloading the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NightFire666, Dec 26, 2014.

1. NightFire666
    NightFire666 Guest

So thats one of the three errors I get.

Dark Souls is the game I'm having the issue with.

Another one is The Game Couldn't start, Try Downloading the game again. But the game isn't showing up on my history, so if I was to delete it would I have to purchase i? Since i got it when it was free a while ago.

Another issue is that is just freezes on the loading screen.

These errors weren't happening before XBL got hacked..

:)

NightFire666, Dec 26, 2014
  2. Game says I must stay connected to xbox live to play?

For some reason I can't play a downloaded game because I have to stay connected to Xbox live to do play. I can't control when Xbox logs me out of Live, and it is getting frustrating to not be able to play a game because of this. I thought downloaded games
    didn't need to be online all the time anymore. Wasn't that one of the things Xbox changed? Can't seem to figure out how to fix this. My Xbox one is connected through a wireless network, and when I test the connection it says everything is fine but then I don't
    have access to xbox live and can't play/update games.

BoboBionicMonky, Dec 26, 2014
  3. Installing onto my Xbox

I've never downloaded a game onto my Xbox before, but if I did download a game like Modern Warfare 3 onto my Xbox, would someone be able to take the disk and still be able to play off of the disc? This may be a question that has already been answered many
    times, but I was just asking because I'm not sure.

xXxMLG KaRmAxXx, Dec 26, 2014
  4. Scrtch Win User

Downloading

For disk based games it has to be in the tray in order to affirm you have the game. Basically so you can't install it and then pass it around. There is no license attached to it like with a downloaded copy.

The games cannot play off of the BluRay because the read speed of a BluRay disk is much slower than a DVD so it needs to be installed in order to be read fast enough for gameplay. Movies are different in that respect.

This is why PS3 users had to download their games last generation.
  5. jaxblnxz Win User

Can't play any games, but an install disc worked fine.

For the questions, nothing happens when I try to play it will behave just like when it can't read a scratched disk. I can play downloaded games just fine.
  6. CTxShagna Win User

Can't Play Any Games other than borderlands & L4D2.

Um Its not my disks that won't read. Its my downloaded games that won't play, and any game that is installed. My downloaded games and installed games register as unreadable disk. Aren't they supposed to read off of the hard drive.
  7. Daniel6591 Win User

Finally some good news for xbox rumors, no DRM, plays used games and more

I wonder why they just can't make the next xbox be able to read 360 disks. Is it because of the different chip that they are using? This is assuming that the rumors turn out to be true.
  8. Toad 004 Win User

backwards compatibility

Wait, in your tags, it says "Unreadable disk". If the 360 gives an unreadable disk error, it means just that, it can't read the disk.

If you play an xbox game that is NOT backwards compatible, it will FLAT OUT SAY "THIS ORIGINAL XBOX GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE". Not "this disk cannot be read".

Try cleaning the disk. Are there any scratches on it?
Thema:

1. Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read? - Similar Threads - Can't play Downloaded

2. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  3. I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....: I downloaded Microsoft Ultimate Word Games a couple of years ago. I've been able to play and watch my progress over the years. Today, the game wouldn't load from my downloaded version. However, I...
  4. I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...: Every time I go onto a 360 game in the past week it won't let me on xbox live and so I looked online and it says to clear local xbox 360 saved storage and stuff and it said it would work. Now I...
  5. Can't download my Xbox 360 account to play backward compatible games.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download my Xbox 360 account to play backward compatible games.: Can't download my Xbox 360 account to play backward compatible games. I just keep getting the 8015109A error. I have tried it on my series x my Xbox One and my Xbox 360 and still receiving the...
  6. Xbox App on PC stuck on loading games covers and i can't play or download any game

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App on PC stuck on loading games covers and i can't play or download any game: Xbox App on PC stuck on loading games covers and i can't play or download any games. I tried to re-install Xbox app and game services also tried to a different internet connection and tried...
  7. Can't install or play installed games on Xbox app, telling me to download 'Gaming Services'

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install or play installed games on Xbox app, telling me to download 'Gaming Services': The Xbox App tells me to download gaming services, but I already have it and have reinstalled it several times. The app won't let install anything or play any games that I've already installed. I...
  8. Why can't I download fifa 17 demo In 2023,I just bought a Xbox series a to play fifa 17

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download fifa 17 demo In 2023,I just bought a Xbox series a to play fifa 17: Why can't I download fifa 17 demo In 2023,I just bought a Xbox series a to play fifa 17 6a1ec192-e559-4b1c-ba15-609dbc02b915
  9. I can't download any game that is MA15+ on EA play despite being old enough

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download any game that is MA15+ on EA play despite being old enough: Anything below MA15+ I can download, but every time I try I get a message saying 'you are not eligible to play this game.' However my birthdate is set in 2005 so it should work fine but for some...
  10. Just purchased Green Hell on windows PC to play with a friend on Xbox. I can't Download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just purchased Green Hell on windows PC to play with a friend on Xbox. I can't Download...: Every time I go to install the game in the Microsoft store a tab pops up that says "install this game on an Xbox device. Dopes this mean I can only install it on an xbox and not my pc?...