Can't pin store items since August update.

Discus and support Can't pin store items since August update. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use pins on my Xbox One Home screen to keep track of games I am interested in but have not bought yet. Ever since the August 2016 update, I can't add... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BSpudd, Aug 6, 2016.

1. BSpudd
    BSpudd Guest

I use pins on my Xbox One Home screen to keep track of games I am interested in but have not bought yet. Ever since the August 2016 update, I can't add store items to my pins. The option in the new store interface just isn't there anymore. Am I missing something?

The Xbox support site only lists how to pin items from my installed games and apps. And so far searching the support forums has not turned up anything.

:)

BSpudd, Aug 6, 2016
  2. how to do you pin in the new xbox one preview update

i can't seem pin items in the new xbox one update i need help

Ian McPherson, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Blamano
    Blamano Guest
    Are Store Pins Defunct?

Prior to the system update I just received, I'd pin store pages of games I was looking to buy. Since the update and changes to the store app, I don't see a way to do that. Furthermore, the store page pins I already have may crash the store app.

Blamano, Aug 6, 2016
  4. darren_scott
    darren_scott Guest

Hey they took the option to pin store items out in the latest update I suggest heading over to
    xbox.uservoice.com/.../363186--new-ideas See if anyone wants that option back or make your own post.

darren_scott, Aug 6, 2016
  5. darren_scott Win User

6. ElDiiabllo Win User

0x80820002 error Sorry we can't play disc

From what I understand, the update for the 17th August update can't be applied to already bricked consoles so you will have to take it back to the store and get a replacement
  7. mike41062 Win User

how to do you pin in the new xbox one preview update

i have been having the SAME EXACT issue.. when i'm browsing the store on my xbox, no matter what the game or app or category- there is NO option ANYWHERE on their pages to pin the item. And the option used to be there before.. I WANT THE OPTION TO PIN AN
    ITEM, LISTED RIGHT ON THE PAGE FOR THAT ITEM- ON THE XBOX!

sure, you can get around the issue of not having an option to pin anything, by not even using the xbox and just using the smartglass app- but i want to do it with my xbox. please fix the bug- its VERY frustrating!!!
  8. TMSIDR360 Win User

Thumbnails from game library missing

I also hope that the performance of loading game images and pins will be improved. And the different pin behaviour since the last update is also confusing.
  9. Qwertei Win User

Xbox One Crash (preview member)

Since you are in the preview program i would Pin it to my home uninstall it go to the pin at the home and select it it'll send you to the store and you can re-install it there,
Thema:

1. Can't pin store items since August update. - Similar Threads - Can't pin store

2. I need a PIN to sign in, but never created one and can't create one because I need a PIN in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a PIN to sign in, but never created one and can't create one because I need a PIN in...: I tried to sign in with my Xbox account on my PC to use Gamepass, but was notified that I needed to use my PIN in order to verify it's me. I never set up a PIN as a sign in option, since I only...
  3. Why can't I play fallout 76 keeps saying to put in my pin but then I do and it asks again...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play fallout 76 keeps saying to put in my pin but then I do and it asks again...: Why can't I play fallout 76 a923d6b0-3d69-4230-8a4e-e20a48921a84
  4. Can you morons fix the stupid pins customization on xbox it's freaking terrible I can't get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you morons fix the stupid pins customization on xbox it's freaking terrible I can't get...: Can you morons fix the stupid pins customization on xbox it's freaking terrible I can't get anything where I want it I gave up and just deleted all my pins smfh 74725fa3-9bfa-4cf4-8010-d96d796ee9fd
  5. Why can't I pin my friends do my xbox dashboard anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I pin my friends do my xbox dashboard anymore?: I just wondered why I couldn't see my friends pinned on the new xbox dashboard. I could see if they are online, their latest achievements and gamerscore. Also when I go to pin a new game to the...
  6. I can't log into my Minecraft account because I don't know my PIN, how do I create a PIN on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log into my Minecraft account because I don't know my PIN, how do I create a PIN on...: I created a Microsoft account to migrate my legacy Minecraft account but now I can't log in without my PIN. I don't know what my PIN is but all the guides to changing your PIN need you to be on...
  7. Can't change my Microsoft Hello Pin, which I never even set up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change my Microsoft Hello Pin, which I never even set up.: I bought a new Minecraft account, which I registered to a new Microsoft account. I then tried to switch account in the Minecraft Launcher to my new account, but it asks me to sign in using my...
  8. Minecraft Java; Can't have PIN, yet it asks for it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java; Can't have PIN, yet it asks for it: A little further explainning is needed. I have two gmails. A little before the minecraft migrate, I bought my sister minecraft as a gift (straight up microsoft account) and it connected with one...
  9. Can't login to minecraft account without hello pin, but don't have a hello pin.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't login to minecraft account without hello pin, but don't have a hello pin.: I'm trying to login to my old minecraft account (has been migrated) on my windows 11 laptop, which is a different Microsoft account. But everytime I try to login it says I need to set up a hello...
  10. xbox asking for pin to sign in that i didn't set up and can't change

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox asking for pin to sign in that i didn't set up and can't change: I tried signing into Destiny 2 using a different xbox account than the main one logged in already. My boyfriend has his own account set up on the computer and instead of redownloading the entire...