Can't open settings on Xbox One S

Discus and support Can't open settings on Xbox One S in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My xbox one s has been having performance issues lately, so I wanted to check for an update. I cannot access the settings menu and everytime I try, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cameron C1341, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Can't open settings on Xbox One S

My xbox one s has been having performance issues lately, so I wanted to check for an update. I cannot access the settings menu and everytime I try, I get this message.

You need to install the game or app for this

Make sure you're signed in to Xbox, then look for it in Microsoft Store. (0x80270254)

Then after clicking the search button provided with the prompt, another message pops up 30 seconds later

Something went wrong

Give it another try. If this happens again, visit xbox.com/errorhelp and enter the following code: 0x87e1000a

I haven't been able to find results anywhere that help me. I can't reset my xbox due to the settings being inaccessible.

:)

Cameron C1341, Apr 4, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Cameron, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

I'm sorry to read you're experiencing this issue with your Xbox One S console.

Please check if your Xbox console allows you to access the troubleshooting screen by following the steps below:

1. Ensure that there is no game disc present in the console. If there is, please remove it before proceeding further.

2. Turn off the Xbox and unplug the power cord for 30 seconds to make sure the console is completely turned off. Then plug it back in, but do not turn it on yet.

3. Press and hold the Pair and Eject buttons on the console, and then press the power button on the console once while continuing to hold the Pair and Eject buttons.

4. Keep holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10 to 15 seconds until you hear the console's power-on tone again, at which point you can release the buttons.

5. The console should power on and display the Xbox startup troubleshooter on the screen.

6. If you have successfully accessed the troubleshooter screen, please try resetting the console to its factory settings while keeping your games and apps. To do this, select "Reset this Xbox". When prompted, select the "Keep games and apps" option. This will reset the operating system and remove any potentially corrupt data that may be causing the issue, without deleting your apps or games.

7. Check if the problem persists after following all of the above steps.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. UpTownDC Win User

multiple consoles

I'm running (2) Xbox Ones, (3) Xbox 360's and (2) PS3's all with an Open NAT with Port Triggering set. No issues at all.
  4. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Xbox one X MUST SUPPORT FHD HDR!

Seems weird that it can't as the Xbox One S does 1080p HDR, can't you just change the resolution to 1080p in the settings and have HDR enabled in the advanced video settings
  5. BeerDelivery04 Win User

Have 2 Xb1 and having issues

I got OPEN NAT on 2 Xbox One's, 2 Xbox 360's and 1 PS3. Just need to play around with your settings.
  6. knight11YG Win User

Can't open Xbox.com settings

Hey

I don't have an xbox one, only a PC. Thanks.

Edit: I get no error message, just an auto-redirect back. Would it be possible for you guys to change my settings for me?
Thema:

1. Can't open settings on Xbox One S - Similar Threads - Can't open settings

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  4. Can't open the Xbox app on PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open the Xbox app on PC.: Hello, I am unable to open the Xbox app, whenever I try to it displays the error code "0x80070422". I've tried using the windows update troubleshooter, and that has done nothing, I have tried...
  5. I can't open xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open xbox game bar: I am having trouble opening xbox game bar I have tried every method but nothing is working it happened after the recent update if u can help me thank you! It is showing this message sometimes when...
  6. Please help, can't open any games

in XboX Insiders
    Please help, can't open any games: Hi everyone, So my Xbox isn't loading any games.. been doing it for 2 weeks so I did a full reset and all was good... Until 2 days later.. I lost my cool because I can't open anything once again....
  7. Can't open game bar through the shortcut.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open game bar through the shortcut.: The shortcut doesn't work. If I restart my pc, it works again for a while but then stops working. Also, I can't change the settings for game bar shortcuts, as soon as I close the tab and reopen it...
  8. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  9. Can't open store on my Xbox One X.

in XboX Insiders
    Can't open store on my Xbox One X.: I try to open it and it just doesn't do anything. Full reboot doesn't help either. Occasionally I get 0x87e1000a error. Any advice? submitted by /u/TheHellix211 [link] [comments]
  10. My Xbox is lagging and can't open the network settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is lagging and can't open the network settings.: As I said my Xbox is lagging and won't open the network settings and if I try it freezes my screen for 5 minutes so I tried powering cycling, restarting the console and even resetting it, what do...