Can't open/play any games

Discus and support Can't open/play any games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Two days ago I updated Gaming Services and when I opened my Xbox App I got a prompt saying "Having trouble installing or launching games?" Over the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZervosAZ, May 19, 2023.

1. ZervosAZ
    ZervosAZ Guest

Two days ago I updated Gaming Services and when I opened my Xbox App I got a prompt saying "Having trouble installing or launching games?" Over the past two days, I have been trying every solution I can find, using the Power Shell commands to uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services, troubleshooting all my Xbox Apps, uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox App, resetting my apps, repairing my apps, etc. Nothing has worked and I still receive the same error message. When I click on a game it tells me to install Gaming Services even though I already did. It also gives me a download prompt for it which tells me I have installed Gaming Services but proceeds not to work as always. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

ZervosAZ, May 19, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, ZervosAZ. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Kindly check if you're still prompted to install the gaming services here: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/gaming-....

Please also make sure all the required services are running to solve Xbox app sync issues on Windows.

Open the Start menu, search Services then open Services. Scroll down the list and find all of the Xbox entries (they are near the bottom).

Gaming Services (There are 2 of them)

Xbox Accessory Management Service

Xbox Live Auth Manager

Xbox Live Game Save

Xbox Live Networking Service

When you find them right-click on them and select Start. If you can see that they are already running you can skip them.
  3. ZervosAZ Win User

Thank you for the response, I tried this out and I am still having the same problem. It's worth noting that everything starts running except for one of the gaming services, I get error 1060 "The specified service does not exist as an installed service."
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

Can't play any games !?

Hello,

Try resetting your console by holding the power button on the console for a full 10 seconds until it's completely shut down. Turn it on and try again. I've had to do this two times in a row to get it to work before, but it worked. Let us know if it helps.
  5. Andrew_Cook Win User

Can't play any games...

Unfortunately Amazons policy is only a 1 year deal...
  6. Rickjinx Win User

Can't play any games...

Maybe your xbox needs a reballing, that same thing happened to me with a xbox360
Thema:

1. Can't open/play any games - Similar Threads - Can't open play

2. Can't open the Xbox app on PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open the Xbox app on PC.: Hello, I am unable to open the Xbox app, whenever I try to it displays the error code "0x80070422". I've tried using the windows update troubleshooter, and that has done nothing, I have tried...
  3. I can't open xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open xbox game bar: I am having trouble opening xbox game bar I have tried every method but nothing is working it happened after the recent update if u can help me thank you! It is showing this message sometimes when...
  4. Can't open settings on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open settings on Xbox One S: My xbox one s has been having performance issues lately, so I wanted to check for an update. I cannot access the settings menu and everytime I try, I get this message. You need to install the...
  5. Please help, can't open any games

in XboX Insiders
    Please help, can't open any games: Hi everyone, So my Xbox isn't loading any games.. been doing it for 2 weeks so I did a full reset and all was good... Until 2 days later.. I lost my cool because I can't open anything once again....
  6. Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link - Can't play multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link - Can't play multiplayer: I'm on PC and I'm trying to play Sea of thieves now with my friends but I the invitations never work. Every time we accept an invitation it relaunches the game and that's it. Whenever I play other...
  7. Can't play with friend, both NAT types open

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play with friend, both NAT types open: One of my friends recently got an Xbox so i decided to game share with him. Unfortunately we have been having a problem getting into games together. We can be in a party and talk just fine but...
  8. Can't open downloaded game to play on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open downloaded game to play on Xbox 360: Just downloaded Halo Combat Evolved. When I try to open the game it says "the game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." No matter how many times I download the game or restart the...
  9. Can't play any games, can't open any app. Error 0x87e107eb.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play any games, can't open any app. Error 0x87e107eb.: Since this morning, I can't play any game, nor open any app on Xbox One. They all crash, no exception. I've tried logging in and out, and hard-resetting my console. Error code is 0x87e107eb, and...
  10. 2 people both with open NAT still can't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 people both with open NAT still can't play: Ok after both of us paying to have our NAT open and ports forwarded, user 1 still never sees user 2 online. User 2 can see user 1 online. It's near impossible to play games together,...