Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming...

Discus and support Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I was following a fix for the Xbox apps/microsoft stores gaming services not functioning and it said to delete gaming services from regedit. After... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by pearofman, Aug 30, 2023.

1. pearofman
    pearofman Guest

Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming...

I was following a fix for the Xbox apps/microsoft stores gaming services not functioning and it said to delete gaming services from regedit. After doing this my pc has had problems such as in the title (Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel) and other little things like view mp4s, basically cant use any app from the Microsoft store. I've tried lot's of things and nothing has worked, I was wondering if someone could please help me with the issue.

:)

pearofman, Aug 30, 2023
  2. RyanPayne4 Win User

Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming Services.

It sounds like you've encountered some issues after making changes to your Windows Registry. Modifying the Windows Registry can have significant consequences, as it's a critical component of the operating system. Incorrect changes can lead to various problems, including the ones you've described. Here's what you can try to resolve the issue:

1. **System Restore:**
    If you have a system restore point created before you made changes to the Registry, you can use it to revert your system to a state where everything was working fine.

2. **Registry Backup:**
    If you have a backup of your Registry that you created before making changes, you can restore it to undo the changes you made.

3. **Windows Troubleshooter:**
    Run the built-in Windows troubleshooters. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Run troubleshooters related to Windows Store apps or any other relevant category.

4. **DISM and SFC Scans:**
    Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands one by one:

```
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    sfc /scannow
    ```

These commands will check and repair system file integrity issues.

5. **Reset Microsoft Store:**
    You can try resetting the Microsoft Store to its default settings. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command:

```
    wsreset.exe
    ```

This command will reset the Microsoft Store cache.

6. **Windows Update:**
    Make sure your Windows system is up-to-date. Sometimes, issues can be resolved with a system update that includes bug fixes.

7. **Create a New User Account:**
    If the issues persist, you can try creating a new user account. Sometimes, issues are user-specific, and creating a new account can help resolve them.

8. **Repair or Reinstall Apps:**
    For the apps that are not working, try repairing or reinstalling them. Right-click on the app in the Start menu, select "App settings," and then choose "Repair" or "Reset."

9. **Advanced Solutions:**
    If none of the above steps work, you might need to consider more advanced solutions, such as using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to perform a repair or reinstallation of Windows. Be aware that this could potentially result in data loss, so make sure to back up your important files before attempting this.

10. **Professional Help:**
    If you're not comfortable with advanced troubleshooting steps, it might be a good idea to seek help from a professional or a tech-savvy friend who has experience with Windows systems.

Remember, modifying the Windows Registry can be risky, and it's always recommended to back up the Registry or create a system restore point before making any changes.

Hope this helps

Ryan
  3. RyanPayne4 Win User

Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming Services.

Hello .
    My name is Ryan. I'm an Independent Consultant and I'm happy to help you today.
  4. RyanPayne4 Win User

Great, thank you. Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day!

Kind regards

Ryan
  5. pearofman Win User

Thanks a lot, I know i’ve tried a few of these and they haven’t worked but for the ones I haven’t tried yet I’ll give them ago tomorrow and get back to you, again thank you!
  6. LassiMäkelä Win User

Microsoft store game download gone wrong

Have you try to restart your computer and to uninstall the store and the game from the control panel?
    Okay i tried restarting the computer and deleting the game from the control panel AND uninstalling the store and the game icon is still there and the store (after i reinstalled it) is still blacking out and not letting me start the installation of apps or anything
    of the sorts :I
Thema:

1. Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming... - Similar Threads - Can't open apps

2. Can't open the Xbox app on PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open the Xbox app on PC.: Hello, I am unable to open the Xbox app, whenever I try to it displays the error code "0x80070422". I've tried using the windows update troubleshooter, and that has done nothing, I have tried...
  3. Can't open Xbox PC app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't open Xbox PC app: Windows 11. Whenever I open the Xbox app, it loads for a few minutes and then closes. I have tried installing the app again, repairing it, updating Windows, but nothing works. Event ID 1002....
  4. Continued > Can't open my Xbox app on PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Continued > Can't open my Xbox app on PC.: I followed this guide and after following Tomm_A's comment on the 10th of October, I'm no longer able to open the Xbox app. All I now see is the Xbox logo and after a few minutes the app closes, I...
  5. Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...: I'm at my wit's end. I've had this problem for almost a year running and genuinely nothing works. No matter what commands I put in an Admin Powershell, no matter how I set Windows Update in my...
  6. I am suddenly geting a "this app can't open" message when I try to start MSFS 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly geting a "this app can't open" message when I try to start MSFS 2020: Microsft store does not seem to work correctly. xbox app sometimes will not open, and when it does MSFS does not appear in the app (or in the store). Also if it does open it says it neeed to...
  7. My son can't open the Xbox app on his PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My son can't open the Xbox app on his PC.: When he click on the Xbox app, this window pops up. [img] If he clicks on Ask by email, this box pops up. He is in the family as an organizer, and I see no settings I can change. [img]...
  8. I can't use my xbox app and open the games from xbox app on my pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't use my xbox app and open the games from xbox app on my pc.: Hi everyone, suddenly my games which i downloaded from xbox app stoped to open. It gives blue turning circle processing symbol next to my mouse symbol when i trying to open from the icon of the...
  9. Dead cells "this app can't open"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead cells "this app can't open": I have been playing on game pass on PC and yesterday I bought the game and all the dlc. I just tried to play it now and it says "this app can't open. Check the windows store for more info about...
  10. Microsoft Flight Simulator - this app can't open - Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator - this app can't open - Error: Hi MSFS 2020 suddenly stopped working, i'm getting the following error: "This app can't open, Check the Windows Store for more info about Microsoft Flight Simulator." The only thing I did is...