Can't login to Xbox App on PC

Discus and support Can't login to Xbox App on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am getting Error 0x800704cf "you'll need internet for this" when trying to login into my account on the Xbox app on PC. I have tried every... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UMP45 Header, May 11, 2024.

1. UMP45 Header
    UMP45 Header Guest

Hello, I am getting Error 0x800704cf "you'll need internet for this" when trying to login into my account on the Xbox app on PC. I have tried every possible solution I've found from googling and nothing has worked. I've even had Microsoft support remote access my computer and they've been unable to help, Both times they tried to transfer me to a different department to help and the line has just disconnected, Been getting very frustrated, as I cannot access Game Pass or play anything.

I even created a completely separate email & Microsoft account to test the Xbox App and I am able to login just fine, but anytime I try to switch to my main account I get the error and cannot login.

Any thoughts? I am desperate.

:)

UMP45 Header, May 11, 2024
  2. kRevali Win User

Just log in again, you can't remove the login screen from the Xbox app, sometimes you log out automatically form the xbox app for Windows PC, just login again.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can't login in XBox app for PC

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Daniel

Please try the next solutions, and let me know how it goes:

Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper

Xbox Live Auth Manager

Xbox Live Game Save

Xbox Live Networking Service

Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.

Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)

If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC and give it a new try

----------

Press Windows + X, then click on Windows Powershell (Administrator)

Then type or copy/paste this command and press enter:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and install the recently deleted app:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-id...

Finally go to Windows Settings > Apps and Features > Xbox app > Reset and Repair, then restart your PC and give it a new try.

If that doesn't work please also try these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Or try this (RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:

1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker

Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.

If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.

Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Charles, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Afterwards, please, download the Gaming Services Repair tool:

https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool

Once downloaded, execute the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Follow the prompts and check if the issue was resolved.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool

Moving on from there, reset your network settings:

Please, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + X > Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced Network Settings > Network Reset > Reset Now.

Let me know if it works!
  5. ALinkToTheDan Win User

Can't sign into Xbox Live on Windows 10

What exactly should I do with the Microsoft Account Site? I've browsed around, and was able to sign in there just fine. But I still can't login to the Xbox App on my PC.
  6. RafaelMouraB-DB3E4E3 Win User

XBOX LIVE GOLD now asking for subscription

Delete your Xbox App Pc Beta , update windows, Install Xbox App Pc Beta again, login and check if it solve.
Thema:

1. Can't login to Xbox App on PC - Similar Threads - Can't login App

2. Xbox app can't login

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app can't login: My Xbox app won't let me log in. Every time I start it up, I'm logged out. When I click to log in, the app immediately shows me my account and the "Let's start" button. When I click it, the app...
  3. Can't login to Xbox app on PC :(

in XboX Insiders
    Can't login to Xbox app on PC :(: Does anyone know how I can fix this? When I click on the sign in button I get this screen, and it closes immidiatly after 2 seconds without signing in to my account. I have tried all the things...
  4. Xbox app starts but can't get a login prompt.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app starts but can't get a login prompt.: On Windows 11. Xbox app was working. Now when starting I am unable to interact with the app. Can't get a login prompt. Can't even exit the app (only way to close is task manager). I've tried...
  5. Hello, I still can't login to my account in Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, I still can't login to my account in Xbox App: Hello, I still can't log in to my account in Xbox App, I've tried everything that I found on the internet, please do not write again, reinstall gaming services, or reset the Xbox app, I have tried...
  6. Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I...: Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I can't sign in to my account. Every other MS app allows login. How can I log in to these apps?...
  7. Can't login in XBox app for PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't login in XBox app for PC: Hello there! I can't use my library of games of my XBox App on PC. Recently, I changed my email, and now, every time I try to launch a game, it prompts the login window. Again, and again, and...
  8. I can't login into xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login into xbox app: I have problem when i open xbox app and try to login into it the window where i should log (I mean where you enter login and password) shows (only black small window) then it disappear shows again...
  9. Trying to install NFS Most Wanted via the XBOX Windows App. Can't Login to EA using EA ID

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to install NFS Most Wanted via the XBOX Windows App. Can't Login to EA using EA ID: When i try to login it simply rejects the login. I have reset my EA account password a number of times but i still can't login. I am a game pass user using game pass to download the games. Is...
  10. 0x8015DC0C I can't login desktop app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x8015DC0C I can't login desktop app: I can log in on the xbox site, but I can't do it on the window xbox app in desktop. 7401c8f9-76bf-4725-963d-36d068067b89