Can’t login or download a profile when playing xbox 360 games on xbox one x

Discus and support Can’t login or download a profile when playing xbox 360 games on xbox one x in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hi i am having an issue with backwards compatiblity on xbox one x. I am trying to play a xbox 360 game. It then askes me to sign in. It then does not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ned228, May 6, 2018.

1. Ned228
    Ned228 Guest

hi i am having an issue with backwards compatiblity on xbox one x. I am trying to play a xbox 360 game. It then askes me to sign in. It then does not list any profiles. The only option it gives me is to download a profile. I try to do this but it fails every
    time with a network error. It is not my network that is the issue as i can play online games with no problem. I can also login when playing any xbox one game. It is also not game specific as every xbox 360 game i try does the same thing. However i can play
    original xbox games fine but not xbox 360. Does anyone know how to fix this

:)

Ned228, May 6, 2018
  2. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    Backwards compatibility question

You can login, make sure you are logged into a profile on your xbox one, then hit the back and start (view and menu) buttons in x360 mode... That brings up the option to sign into profiles and download profiles.

Even if you use another xbox 360 it should let you login to a xbox 360 profile and it should just say it was last signed in on another system. I'd make sure you are signed into a profile, if you are trying splitscreen stuff make sure your friend signs into his xbox one profile before then signing into his xbox 360 profile.

Awkward, but it works. Been busting up borderlands splitscreen in bc for a couple days.

cross44, May 6, 2018
  3. Can I move my Xbox 360 digital games to Xbox One?

hi, a few months ago I moved to Spain and left my Xbox 360 on my hometown, I had some digital games on my Xbox, now i’ve Bought a Xbox one console and when I login I can’t find my old games to download. So I was asking if I can download them again or if
    I lost my money. thanks

Lord Dartenix, May 6, 2018
  4. Can’t login or download a profile when playing xbox 360 games on xbox one x

Thanks for letting us know! We'd be happy to help take a closer look here.

To start, head to Settings, then Storage, then select "Clear Local Xbox 360 Storage". After that, power cycle the console and try launching a backward compatible Xbox 360 title. Do you still see the same error?

Mister Quasar, May 7, 2018
  5. Mister Quasar Win User

Thanks for letting us know! We'd be happy to help take a closer look here.

To start, head to Settings, then Storage, then select "Clear Local Xbox 360 Storage". After that, power cycle the console and try launching a backward compatible Xbox 360 title. Do you still see the same error?
  6. AARONMP2001 Win User

Gamerscore not updating (still)

It seems like others have said that its effecting us who cant login into to their xbox 360 profile. I have an xbox one x and downloaded the free toy story game this month and it throws an error every time.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Playing xbox 360 game on series x

Hi,

You don't need an old Xbox 360 profile. When the game asks you to enter the email address and password for your profile, you enter the login details you use for your current Xbox Live account on Series X.

Note that the Xbox Live for the 360 is a little more fussy when it comes to passwords. It must be between 8 and 16 characters, it doesn't like special characters (such as ~#?/_) and it doesn't like spaces in your password. So, if your current password is composed of these characters or spaces, you'll need to change it in order to download a profile to play Xbox 360 games.
  8. BackSackencrack Win User

All 360 online services are down. Back compatible games on Xbox one can’t save.

I can’t connect to Xbox live on 360 back compatible games. The rest of the Xbox one behaves normally. I know it’s not a problem with my console because both my old 360 and the 360 emulator on the Xbox one do it.

I thought maybe the problem was on my end so I did a soft reset. Now the 360 emulator on the Xbox one has no profile on it. I can’t download my profile to it because it can’t connect to Xbox live. So I can’t save at all in back compatible games.

Is it a regional problem? Is it down for maintenance? The status page doesn’t mention anything.
  9. Mark Schmidt2 Win User

Unable to download 360 profile on Xbox one S console

I unplugged all the power and it did not fix the problem. My Xbox one s is using WiFi. There is no error code when it fails to connect, it just times out. I can’t play any 360 game without a profile and it doesn’t seem to want to download.
Thema:

1. Can’t login or download a profile when playing xbox 360 games on xbox one x - Similar Threads - Can’t login download

2. I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?: Hi my name is Emiliano and i can’t login to my minecraft account. The name is GradientDeer845, I don’t recall the email or password used to login. 13634549-16d1-4ea9-875b-fafd0b7c7491
  3. Can’t login into COD lll multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t login into COD lll multiplayer: COD 3 won’t connect to the servers it says Waiting for relay. All the other call of duty multiplayer games work fine. Does anybody know what’s up with that please reply if you do?...
  4. I can’t login in to my Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t login in to my Xbox: Keep getting error messages 155274be-42d8-4915-bb42-863785f4ff09
  5. Can’t login to Xbox Cloud Gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t login to Xbox Cloud Gaming: Hi there! Everytime I attempt to login to my Xbox Cloud Gaming account on my iPhone after putting in my password it will give me a loading screen with the Xbox logo and then it will show the main...
  6. I can’t login to any Microsoft app

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t login to any Microsoft app: I cannot login to any Microsoft apps on my laptop at all, I can login on the website, but when I try to sign in on Microsoft store it’ll say that I’m not connected to the internet (which I am and...
  7. I can’t login to minecraft, can you help?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t login to minecraft, can you help?: It won’t allow me to play minecraft bedrock edition due to my account apparently already being signed in when it’s not allowing me to join servers 6570ed2e-e228-4741-831d-ba45ac197ddc
  8. I can’t login to Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t login to Fortnite: Ok so around 10:50 pm my cousin keeps being on my account since I game shared him so he can play the new Naruto game but he keeps getting on my account so that I can’t play games. I thought of the...
  9. Can’t login to email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t login to email: My son changed the email on our Xbox account. Now I can’t sign into my email account. What can I do to resolve this problem? 38d431d6-dc01-49c3-a8c9-acfe7c15fdb9
  10. Why can’t I login to my Microsoft Account on Minecraft on my Switch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I login to my Microsoft Account on Minecraft on my Switch?: Everytime for the past week or so I try logging into my Microsoft account on Minecraft on my Switch, I get the error code: Drowned. I’ve tried multiple things to fix this and nothing will work....