Can't login and won't let me add a new account

Discus and support Can't login and won't let me add a new account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Was in the middle of loading COD on my 1S and all of a sudden Xbox signed out and attempted to log back in and failed. When I tried to log back in it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by robert riddle1, May 12, 2023.

1. Can't login and won't let me add a new account

Was in the middle of loading COD on my 1S and all of a sudden Xbox signed out and attempted to log back in and failed. When I tried to log back in it brought up a white window with a 1/2 black circle up in it. I tried both resets and does the same. I went and did a password change and still nothing. I went ahead and removed my account and tried the add new user and now it tries but never brings up the screen to type anything in and just jumps back to the home screen. Got frustrated so I fired up my old xbox1 and it was fine until it updated and now it is having the same issues as the S. Eil not let add the new password or add new account!

:)

robert riddle1, May 12, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please do the steps below in sequence to do a factory reset and let me know if it works:

- Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds.

- Plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the BIND button (the one you use to sync controllers) and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

Note: If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

- You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should start and show the Troubleshooting screen

- Choose "reset this Xbox" and there you have an option to Keep Games and Apps (already downloaded) or to Remove Everything

If you are using an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S console, press and hold the Xbox button  and the Pair button  instead, as your console doesn’t have an Eject button.
  3. robert riddle1JS Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please do the steps below in sequence to do a factory reset and let me know if it works:

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    - Wait 30 seconds.
    - Press and hold the BIND button (the one you use to sync controllers) and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    Note: If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.
    - Choose "reset this Xbox" and there you have an option to Keep Games and Apps (already downloaded) or to Remove Everything

If you are using an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S console, press and hold the Xbox button  and the Pair button  instead, as your console doesn’t have an Eject button.
    Hi so I had the exact same problem and I have reset my Xbox through the steps you have shown.

However the problem is still recurring and when I select add new it just shows a spinning circle before kicking me out to the home screen

I have checked my Wi-Fi and still can not figure out what's going on so any help would be great

I was finally able to get logged in on my console but i had to another reset and do the setup console thru the Xbox app, even then it was kind of sketchy lol. When the APP finally connected to my Xbox it said it updated something, not quite sure what but it is now working. Now i just have to get my other Xbox functioning since it is doing the exact same thing after completing all the needed updates when i gave up my OneS and decided to try and get it running. IT definitely seems like some kind of software issue though since both my consoles did after updating.
  4. Morgan Conroy Win User

- Wait 30 seconds.

Hi so I had the exact same problem and I have reset my Xbox through the steps you have shown.

However the problem is still recurring and when I select add new it just shows a spinning circle before kicking me out to the home screen

I have checked my Wi-Fi and still can not figure out what's going on so any help would be great
  5. natedog4983 Win User

Had this same problem but fixed it by changing my DNS to Cloudflare. 1.1.1.1

Signed in right away after that
  6. blueamcat Win User

Locked out of acount

Hi there Jason,

Unfortunately, if you can't login to the Microsoft Account, you won't be able to add a different email to use to login with.

Your best bet would be to make your own account.
Thema:

1. Can't login and won't let me add a new account - Similar Threads - Can't login won't

2. I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen: It updated. It feels like something is using all the cpu because the controller is very laggy. It gets stuck at login screen and eventually just turns black. I've restarted and pulled the power...
  3. I can't login to my gamepass because of problems with microsoft store account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login to my gamepass because of problems with microsoft store account?: First of all, hello to whoever is reading this, SO, I am trying to use the 3 month gamepass nvidia has to offer, so i do everything, claim the code and what not, and then when its time to use it,...
  4. Can't login to Xbox App on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't login to Xbox App on PC: Hello, I am getting Error 0x800704cf "you'll need internet for this" when trying to login into my account on the Xbox app on PC. I have tried every possible solution I've found from googling and...
  5. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  6. Xbox app can't login

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app can't login: My Xbox app won't let me log in. Every time I start it up, I'm logged out. When I click to log in, the app immediately shows me my account and the "Let's start" button. When I click it, the app...
  7. Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!: Help! My games (gamepass & subscribed) were working earlier, then I tried playing this afternoon, and I was getting an error. So I tried removing all accounts, and try login in afterwards, and it...
  8. I can't login using my account

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't login using my account: Before I bought minecraft on my own account, I borrowed my friend's account for awhile to play. Now that I bought the game on my account, I went to the minecraft launcher and it kept asking me to...
  9. Can't login on XBOX Cloud Gaming (LG WeBOS)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't login on XBOX Cloud Gaming (LG WeBOS): Hi When i try to login to Cloud Gaming on my LG TV trough browser (there is no app at the moment) i am getting an error: "Oops! We hit a snag. We're sorry but we encountered an issue with your...
  10. Can't log into Microsoft Sudoku for last 2 days - it won't login to XBox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't log into Microsoft Sudoku for last 2 days - it won't login to XBox: Looks like this is more that just a problem with my game. Sudoku won't login to Xbox Games for 2 days now. Getting ready to delete it if there isn't a solution 9c2ddc64-fe92-4443-a5d5-c0a476ce2100