Can't Log In to Xbox App

Discus and support Can't Log In to Xbox App in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey, I bought three months gamepass and I downloaded Xbox app to my pc to start using it. But when I try to sign in, a black window opens up and closes... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alp_402, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Alp_402
    Alp_402 Guest

Can't Log In to Xbox App

Hey, I bought three months gamepass and I downloaded Xbox app to my pc to start using it. But when I try to sign in, a black window opens up and closes itself almost instantly and nothing happens. I tried every way but still the same. I checked my updates, deleted and re-installed xbox app, game services. I also can't find anything about Xbox in my computer's services which many people solved it by changing something in there. I hope someone can help me.

:)

Alp_402, Oct 31, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Can't log in on Xbox App

Hi Marepleb. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Can you provide a screenshot of this error, please?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far, such as reinstalling the Xbox app?

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Alp_402 Win User

Can't Log In to Xbox App

Hello again. Thanks for your reply.

I tried every way you told me but the problem remains.

Answers for your questions:

1. No, only Windows Security.

2. Yes, I am using my own home connection.

3. Yes, Microsoft Store is working properly and I can download other apps or games.

4. Nope, a black window on a white background opens up for a second and closes itself instantly.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Can't Log In to Xbox App

Hello Alp_402,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you are having issue signing in your Xbox account in Xbox app due to crashing of the app. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

It is possible that Xbox app is outdated or your Windows operating system needs update for the application to run smoothly. Let us perform some troubleshooting steps and make sure to install updates necessary in your device. And to properly isolate the issue, we are going to ask few questions:

1. Are you using third-party antivirus?

2. Are you connected with the internet using your home connection?

3. Are you able to install other apps or games from the Microsoft Store?

4. Are you getting an error message or error code?

For the meantime, here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform. You can skip those steps that were performed already.

1. Make sure Windows is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available
    including optional updates for your device.

• Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Repair and Reset Xbox application.

• Press Win + I to open the Settings app, and click on Apps.
    • Click on Apps & features, and in the search box type Xbox app and click on app settings (three dots).
    • Click on Reset. Wait until the process is completed.
    3. Reset Microsoft Store

• Press Windows key + R and type wsreset.exe then hit enter.
    • An empty Command prompt will pop open. Let it be for a few seconds and the command line will close automatically (after it has cleared the cache behind the background) and Microsoft Store will be launched in its place.
    4. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

5. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Can't log in on Xbox App

Hi Marepleb, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Xbox application, with the intention of helping you I am going to suggest performing some steps with PowerShell.

1. Press Windows Key > Type "Windows Powershell" > Press "Ctrl + Shift + Enter" = Open Powershell with administrator rights.
    2. Copy and paste the following command into your Powershell terminal (some errors may be displayed during execution, that is normal):

Get-AppxPackage -All Users | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

3. Restart windows
    4. Try installing your games again.

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...4-solved/88315755-7dd9-4a7d-a7b6-953abbc5be45

Let me know if this information was useful to you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  6. Cpt Decaf Win User

Can't log in on the xbox app....

Just began having the same problem myself.
Thema:

Can't Log In to Xbox App

1. Can't Log In to Xbox App - Similar Threads - Can't Log App

2. Can't log into Minecraft due to faulty Xbox app.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't log into Minecraft due to faulty Xbox app.: When I try to log into Minecraft, I get error code: Bat, which apparently means I have to log into the Xbox app. When I download the Xbox app, it looks like it doesn't load properly, only showing...
  3. I can't log in or use my Xbox app on my Microsoft surface proX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in or use my Xbox app on my Microsoft surface proX: When I try to log into the Xbox game app it will load forever on the black screen with the white Xbox logo. I can wait and wait forever, and nothing will ever happen. I can right click on the...
  4. I can't log into my new apple music account to listening to music through the app on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't log into my new apple music account to listening to music through the app on my Xbox: I can't log into my new apple music account to listening to music through the app on my Xbox, keeps saying login failed, it's the right details I'm putting in. I can log into this account fine...
  5. Can't Log In to Xbox App, Help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Log In to Xbox App, Help: When I try to log in, the app opens and closes almost instantly and nothing happens. I checked my updates and they are fine I hope they go up can help me. 1e3f7e39-59f1-4cbc-b042-b43cdbd110d4
  6. Can't log in on Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't log in on Xbox App: I've been trying for 4 hours now to log in to my Microsoft account in the Xbox App but I'm always getting the error 0x800704 and it says I'm not connected to the internet. Login on site is working...
  7. I can't log in to my TV in the Xbox app, it tells me it's impossible to log in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in to my TV in the Xbox app, it tells me it's impossible to log in.: My TV is a Samsung brand and I have had this problem for days, please help. ea9e0ef7-8e79-46a3-9565-cedbc203dc13
  8. Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client.: Minecraft Education app downloaded on school Microsoft laptops. Message when logging into Minecraft Education keeps saying unable to connect reset client. Help! Students can't join each others...
  9. I can't log in with my account in the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log in with my account in the Xbox app on PC: I can't log in with my account in the Xbox app on PC, it says I'm not connected to the internet, does anyone who's been through this know how to solve it? 8d689935-7e79-4896-b0dc-141ff2b512e1
  10. can't log into the pc xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    can't log into the pc xbox app: I recently changed my account's primary email and now im unable to sign into the xbox app. it shows i have 2 account with the same email ive tried signing in with both and tried using a "different...