Cant link Microsoft account and xbox 360 account

Discus and support Cant link Microsoft account and xbox 360 account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Im trying to creat a new account and get xbox live on it and its telling me that "This Microsoft account is associated with a different Xbox Live... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FierceFungus292, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Cant link Microsoft account and xbox 360 account

Im trying to creat a new account and get xbox live on it and its telling me that "This Microsoft account is associated with a different Xbox Live profile. Try a different account" What do I do? Please help me find out.

:)

FierceFungus292, Jun 7, 2017
  2. totecx1
    totecx1 Guest
    Ran into an issue with backwards compatible games. (Please Help.)

Your old gamertag is in the xbox 360 cache you have to go to settings and remove the linked account before you can add the new one. This happened to me 2 when i changed the lame tag microsoft assigned me. Even if you put the correct information and passcodes ot wont download your new gamertag until you remove the old linked account

totecx1, Jun 7, 2017
  3. Mrs L
    Mrs L Guest
    Unable to add son to xbox one

As above,

Select child
    Sign in as parent
    get to the 50c card authorisation, add card details
    Then get card already exists on account - go through screens - again!!

Then after about 10 minutes updating account it fails with code 45468.7036976521340.5055251569016685

Go to xbox errorhelp - can't find it Cant link Microsoft account and xbox 360 account :(

Can anybody help please we are pulling our hair out on this

Just to say the card is on account from xbox and also Microsoft accounts linked to the parents account!

Mrs L, Jun 7, 2017
  4. [Farscape] Win User

How do I unlink and link back my other account for epic

you cant, epic changed this last year, once an epic account is linked to a microsoft/xbox account it cannot be linked to another, it can be unlinked but relinking must be back to the same account.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

account is being used for someone else's xbox gamertag without my consent. how do i unlink it?

you cant link a current xbox account to another microsoft account, the xbox account IS the microsoft account, so when a microsoft email/account is created it also creates a generic xbox account too.

so you are probably signing into an xbox with a different email and password that is different to your other email address is that correct.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Cant sign in to Xbox live on my Xbox 360

on your xbox 360 you need a profile, it can be linked to the account or not, on the 360 itself the profile is mandatory for it to start, on xbox one it only accesses the profile already made if it is linked to a microsoft account.
  7. KindGryphon Win User

I need help deleting a Microsoft account off my Minecraft on my playstation 4.

Well it's not my account it's someone else's account and they never 🇸🇹lay on my ps account
    Unfortunately theres nothing that can be done about this. This is a restriction that's in place by Sony. Not Microsoft/Xbox.

Sony only allows you to ever link a single Microsoft account with a Playstation account so the Playstation account cant be linked with a different Microsoft account and vice versa.
  8. ZackBamborough Win User

Recover email address for Microsoft account

Thanks cant recover it how do you link a xbox gaming tag to a new microsoft account.
Thema:

Cant link Microsoft account and xbox 360 account

1. Cant link Microsoft account and xbox 360 account - Similar Threads - Cant link Microsoft

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant I link the accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I link the accounts?: I just created a new xbox account and new epic games account about an hour ago. I have a fortnite gift card that I'm trying to redeem but I need to select xbox under the select what you play on...
  4. Cant change account linked to Playstation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change account linked to Playstation: My Microsoft account that was linked with my Playstation one got hacked and i ended up just creating a new one but i cant login with the new account because i cant unlink my previous one....
  5. Why cant I change the Microsoft account linked to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant I change the Microsoft account linked to my xbox account: Please respond, I would like to know why I couldn't change my xbox accounts Microsoft account to my new Microsoft account. 5e85eac8-5fa4-4bbb-9b80-b24b64f841e7
  6. Hello, i cant link a new microsoft account to Minecraft on the PS4 and the account that is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello, i cant link a new microsoft account to Minecraft on the PS4 and the account that is...: When I was younger I connected a Microsoft account to Minecraft on the PS4. This account has since been deactivated and is no longer accessible. How can i connect a new Microsoft account to...
  7. Cant link my microsoft account on ps4 says im already logged in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant link my microsoft account on ps4 says im already logged in: I have a account says its linked to my ps4 but i never linked one! No email or anything for this previous account e2df4e3b-4d88-4096-a7f7-e6c4d0f565ec
  8. Why cant I link my Microsoft account to my playstaion minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I link my Microsoft account to my playstaion minecraft?: I've literally just bought minecraft for my playstation and tried linking my Microsoft account to it and have gotten the "Oops!" Error saying that my Microsoft account is already linked to a...
  9. I cant Access my microsoft/xbox accounts privacy and online safety settings due to link error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant Access my microsoft/xbox accounts privacy and online safety settings due to link error: I was trying to join my friends minecraft realm when it said my microsoft accounts settings weren't configured properly to play on realms and to go to aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp however when i look...
  10. Console Reset ---> Lost gamer tag/cant remember microsoft account/didn't link phone or credit ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Reset ---> Lost gamer tag/cant remember microsoft account/didn't link phone or credit ...: My console got reset (kids didn't know why). However, I set up a Microsoft Account specifically for the Xbox and do not remember what it was. I lost all my Gamer Tag/Accounts. I have about a...