Can't launch Starfield, Gamepass is giving Error code: (0xc0000096)- Please help!

Discus and support Can't launch Starfield, Gamepass is giving Error code: (0xc0000096)- Please help! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; As the title says- I've tried everything, updated drivers, reinstalled Starfield (three times now!), and rebooted my computer multiple times. I've... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Tomguydude, Sep 21, 2023.

1. Can't launch Starfield, Gamepass is giving Error code: (0xc0000096)- Please help!

As the title says-

I've tried everything, updated drivers, reinstalled Starfield (three times now!), and rebooted my computer multiple times. I've done all the admin commands on cmd, verified and "repaired" my game (it just downloads 4kb), I'm at a loss about what the cause is.

Running on gamepass, I have a rtx 3070, 32gb ram, and a Ryzen 7 3700x

submitted by /u/Tomguydude
    [link] [comments]

/u/Tomguydude, Sep 21, 2023
  2. Lee Roberts1 Win User

Starfield on Gamepass PC crashing with error code 0xc0000096

Ok, after the standard default script about drivers and game, etc, no, it doesn't work.

And yes, I've also done a clean boot etc etc.

Although, it's a change to have this error and not a .00005.....

But still. No solution. And having spent roughly 30 hours uninstalling and reinstalling, frankly, I want A solution that works as my time is precious as I'm old with a heart condition.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello DexOZ,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

Here are troubleshooting steps we can perform to try and fix the issue.

Make sure Windows is up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Make sure the game is up to date
    1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Check for updates.

Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same accountWhen you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Repair the game
    1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Verify and repair.

Remove and reinstall Gaming ServicesReinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Uninstall and reinstall the gameIf you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might help. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

Some games can even repair the original files without you having to remove the game completely. However, if you installed the game from the Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall the game. For more info, follow the steps in:

How to install and uninstall a PC game on a Windows device

Please see: Game Release Known Issues for September 2023 - Microsoft Community

If issue persist, Please use the Report a Problem app on your console or feedback on your PC, so that our platform team can investigate. For instructions on how to report a new problem or questions about the Report a Problem application, please read the following support article: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. Ladis007cz Win User

I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC

Hi. For ten days, it worked as I described. But last Saturday it again reported error 0x80070002. And your procedure doesn't help either. I don't want to download 140 GB (Starfield) again! But what annoys me even more, the same error is now being reported by another GamePass game, Forza Horizon 5... And it's about the same size! Only Forza Horizon 3 works for me, which I bought though. So I guess the problem is just the GamePass games. I pay GamePass and I can't use it :-( Help me!
  6. Çetin Arda Yaşar Win User

Starfield Problems

I wanted to pre-install for Starfield, which cannot be passed through Xbox, but I get an article with error code 0x80070490, what should I do, the problem could not be solved, please help
Thema:

Can't launch Starfield, Gamepass is giving Error code: (0xc0000096)- Please help!

1. Can't launch Starfield, Gamepass is giving Error code: (0xc0000096)- Please help! - Similar Threads - Can't launch Starfield

2. I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc: I coppied Lies of P from my old pc and the launcher verifies only 11.4 gigs then says the game is ready to launch when I launch the game it says : some game files are missing or corrupted . and...
  3. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  4. Can't Launch the xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Launch the xbox app on PC: [img] When I launch the app on pc, it stops on the launch screen as seen in the attached image. I have a series of fixes that have not worked listed below: Clear the Microsoft Store cache:...
  5. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  6. Can't launch eFootball 2024 on my device

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch eFootball 2024 on my device: Hi everyone, can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? I finished installing eFootball 2024 on my computer and when I opened the game, the game did not launch (after loading the loading screen...
  7. My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.: My Xbox One X has been laggy, slow and can barely handle FORTNITE. I have done a reset of my system including rebooting it and now it seems worse than before. Games it won't launch are the...
  8. Can't launch Xbox Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch Xbox Gamepass games: After the Windows update, I tried launching Football Manager 2024 and Totally Accurate Table Simulator and both games didn't work they gave me the same error. I tried resetting Microsoft and Xbox...
  9. Can't launch my game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch my game: Every time I try to launch my newely installed game (call of duty warzone) it tells me that it needs an update then it gives me the error 0x8b050033 this has been heppening for two days now, I've...
  10. I can't launch starfield on pc on xbox app error code: (0xc000001d)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't launch starfield on pc on xbox app error code: (0xc000001d): I can't launch starfield on pc on the xbox app: error code:(0xc000001d) I know that I am not the only one who expirenced this error! Pls help. 9346c691-3ca0-43fd-9fb6-f1dc062ee6cc