Can't launch my game

Discus and support Can't launch my game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I try to launch my newely installed game (call of duty warzone) it tells me that it needs an update then it gives me the error 0x8b050033... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kind Cooler, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Kind Cooler
    Kind Cooler Guest

Can't launch my game

Every time I try to launch my newely installed game (call of duty warzone) it tells me that it needs an update then it gives me the error 0x8b050033 this has been heppening for two days now, I've read the xbox status the only game that is affected by the outages is NHL 24 nothing about cod, what should I do about this? Anything would be appreciated

P. S this is happening on my xbox series x if that's helpful by any means

:)

Kind Cooler, Dec 18, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Can't launch my game

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Series X console.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

It is possible that the service outage may have affected other games as well but not yet included on the server status. If I may ask, have you tried to launch other games offline to see if it works?

For us to isolate the case, kindly try to perform the following workarounds according to the official Xbox website: (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution)

"Remove your account, power cycle, and re-add your account:

Here's how to remove your account:

> Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    > Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    > Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

Power Cycle:

> Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

> Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Then re-add your account.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & System > Add or switch > Add new.
    Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

Note: Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless you want to create a new Microsoft account.

Enter the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Enter.
    Review the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.
    Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In, security & PIN preferences to finish adding your profile to the console."

Then launch the game Call of Duty Warzone to see if it works.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Arthuro98652. Win User

Can't launch my games

The games belong to an account that is also on my console, (account who was on my previous one)

on my previous console, i was able to play the the games on my account

Thanks for the help
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Can't launch my games

Hey Arthuro,

Thanks for your post! If the account that's signed in and attempt to launch a game that was purchased by another or it is not entitled to, we would see this error. Usually for this, there a few possibilities to find out where the game came from. It can either
    be from a disc and if the disc is not inserted, it will not launch properly. Also, if there was a home Xbox association on the last account it could be that the game was on that console due to the game share for more info on home consoles view:

My Home Xbox Setting on Xbox One
    . To make sure your profile has the game on it, check out your

Order History
    . If the issue persists use the
    Contact Us
    portal so we may investigate further and resolve this issue.

I hope this information helps, thanks again.
  5. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Can't launch my game

You're welcome!

If the steps above didn't work, you can also try to perform a "factory reset keep my games and apps" as part of the workaround. You can follow the steps through this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...he console to factory settings. ... See More.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept it as an answer, thank you so much. Stay cool and have a great day!

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  6. Arthuro98652. Win User

Can't launch my games

Problem solved!

Thanks you two for helping!
Thema:

Can't launch my game

1. Can't launch my game - Similar Threads - Can't launch game

2. I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc: I coppied Lies of P from my old pc and the launcher verifies only 11.4 gigs then says the game is ready to launch when I launch the game it says : some game files are missing or corrupted . and...
  3. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  4. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  5. My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.: My Xbox One X has been laggy, slow and can barely handle FORTNITE. I have done a reset of my system including rebooting it and now it seems worse than before. Games it won't launch are the...
  6. Can't launch Xbox Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch Xbox Gamepass games: After the Windows update, I tried launching Football Manager 2024 and Totally Accurate Table Simulator and both games didn't work they gave me the same error. I tried resetting Microsoft and Xbox...
  7. Can't Launch PC Game Pass games from any other drives other than my C: drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Launch PC Game Pass games from any other drives other than my C: drive.: So I'm trying to play the new Forza Motorsport (which is 124GB), I've installed it to my 2TB D: drive where I store most of the big games I play, where it opens the launching game page, says...
  8. Can't Launch Games on PC Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Launch Games on PC Game Pass.: So I cannot launch games from the PC Game Pass. I'm on a Windows 11 PC. Yes, my game pass is current. I click the play button in the most recent list and click the play button on the game page...
  9. Can't launch newly downloaded Back4Blood from Game Pass. Popup says 'Easy anticheat unknown...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch newly downloaded Back4Blood from Game Pass. Popup says 'Easy anticheat unknown...: I'm trying to launch my new downloaded Back4Blood game from Game Pass. A screen pop ups saying it's Easy Anti-Cheat and it seems it's 'Initalizing'. Unfortunately, a window pop ops and says 'easy...
  10. Can't view library/install or launch games. Gaming Services error?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't view library/install or launch games. Gaming Services error?: My library won't show, and I can't launch games. If I try to install a game, it prompts me to install Gaming Services and then hangs forever. I've tried everything in the link below, and nothing...