Can't Launch Games on PC Game Pass.

Discus and support Can't Launch Games on PC Game Pass. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I cannot launch games from the PC Game Pass. I'm on a Windows 11 PC. Yes, my game pass is current. I click the play button in the most recent list... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Danny Grady, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Danny Grady
    Danny Grady Guest

So I cannot launch games from the PC Game Pass. I'm on a Windows 11 PC. Yes, my game pass is current.

I click the play button in the most recent list and click the play button on the game page and nothing happens. No error message, nothing.

I check task manager to see if anything has started in the background and nothing happens- no apps start up.

Things I've tried.

-Restarting my PC

-Restarting my network

-Signing in and out of the Xbox app

-Reinstalling the Xbox App

-Using powershell to remove and re-install game services. (per a troubleshooting article on this site)

It's also worth mentioning that I cannot access support.xbox.com on my gaming PC. I'm using my Mac to send this message. I go to support.xbox.com and I get a loading animation that never goes away. I've checked the network tab on my browser and all the requests complete, no errors there- the site will simply not bootstrap. I don't know if these things are related.

:)

Danny Grady, Aug 31, 2023
  2. WigglesFT Win User

Can't launch PC Game Pass games

It worked this time. Thanks again for your help.
  3. Danny Grady Win User

It’s been a few days any reply to my issue?
  4. Danny Grady Win User

I cannot connect to support.xbox.com. Only the loading animation shows up.

I have tried everything- Edge, Chrome, Firefox. I have tried private browsing modes on all of them. and I have cleared my cache/cookies every single time- I have even reinstalled windows.

I've enclosed a screenshot. You can see all the network requests complete successfully, so it is not my home network.

How do I connect to support.xbox.com?

EDIT: Correct screenshot

[​IMG]
  5. WigglesFT Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.
    My name is Vinicius.
    I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey , how are you today? Hope you're well.

Try to restore your OS, this might work:

Step 1: Click Update & security on the Settings page to continue.

Step 2: Click Recovery and click Get Started on the right to continue.

Step 3: Choose Keep my files to reset your PC.

Step 4: Read the subsequent messages and click Reset.

After the computer has restarted successfully, you have refreshed Windows 10.

Then, try to install the gaming services again.
    Thank you Vinicius for your reply.

I'd really prefer to avoid a system restore if it is at all possible. I was hoping for a simpler solution and save system restore as a last resort.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey WigglesFT, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Try to restore your OS, this might work:

Step 1: Click Update & security on the Settings page to continue.

Step 2: Click Recovery and click Get Started on the right to continue.

Step 3: Choose Keep my files to reset your PC.

Step 4: Read the subsequent messages and click Reset.

After the computer has restarted successfully, you have refreshed Windows 10.

Then, try to install the gaming services again.
Thema:

1. Can't Launch Games on PC Game Pass. - Similar Threads - Can't Launch Games

2. I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc: I coppied Lies of P from my old pc and the launcher verifies only 11.4 gigs then says the game is ready to launch when I launch the game it says : some game files are missing or corrupted . and...
  3. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  4. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  5. My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.: My Xbox One X has been laggy, slow and can barely handle FORTNITE. I have done a reset of my system including rebooting it and now it seems worse than before. Games it won't launch are the...
  6. Can't launch Xbox Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch Xbox Gamepass games: After the Windows update, I tried launching Football Manager 2024 and Totally Accurate Table Simulator and both games didn't work they gave me the same error. I tried resetting Microsoft and Xbox...
  7. Can't launch my game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch my game: Every time I try to launch my newely installed game (call of duty warzone) it tells me that it needs an update then it gives me the error 0x8b050033 this has been heppening for two days now, I've...
  8. Can't Launch PC Game Pass games from any other drives other than my C: drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Launch PC Game Pass games from any other drives other than my C: drive.: So I'm trying to play the new Forza Motorsport (which is 124GB), I've installed it to my 2TB D: drive where I store most of the big games I play, where it opens the launching game page, says...
  9. Can't launch newly downloaded Back4Blood from Game Pass. Popup says 'Easy anticheat unknown...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch newly downloaded Back4Blood from Game Pass. Popup says 'Easy anticheat unknown...: I'm trying to launch my new downloaded Back4Blood game from Game Pass. A screen pop ups saying it's Easy Anti-Cheat and it seems it's 'Initalizing'. Unfortunately, a window pop ops and says 'easy...
  10. Can't view library/install or launch games. Gaming Services error?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't view library/install or launch games. Gaming Services error?: My library won't show, and I can't launch games. If I try to install a game, it prompts me to install Gaming Services and then hangs forever. I've tried everything in the link below, and nothing...