Can’t join game or party

Discus and support Can’t join game or party in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So of course there is no actual Xbox support. But I have one specific Xbox friend who I am unable to join a party with or a game. He can’t even see me... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Care13, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Care13
    Care13 Guest

Can’t join game or party

So of course there is no actual Xbox support. But I have one specific Xbox friend who I am unable to join a party with or a game. He can’t even see me showing online even though I am. Others can join my party or my game. Just not him. And Xbox sucks so I can’t get real help. So, what’s the answer??? Help then since you’re my only option! Which is a joke. Of course.

:)

Care13, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Steve Seagal18 Win User

On Pc, Xbox Party Chat randomly disconnects me and doesn't show me.

I can’t join my friends party or join there game
  3. JoshuaChavez5 Win User

can I get a suspension excused

Hey umm one more question does the suspension mean I can’t talk with people in the game or I can’t start or join a party
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

Can’t join game or party

Hello Care13,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to join a party or game with your specific Xbox friend. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some effective troubleshooting steps here that could fix the issue.

Also, we do have a real time support where you can talk to them through call and chat.

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Make sure that both you and your friend have a stable internet connection.

2. Check if your NAT type is open. You can do this by going to Settings > Network > Network settings > Test NAT type.

3. Try restarting your Xbox console and your friend's console.

4. Make sure that both you and your friend have the latest updates for the game and the Xbox console.

5. Try inviting your friend to a party or game instead of joining theirs.

If none of these steps work, you can try contacting Xbox support for further assistance.

To get in touch with our dedicated Xbox Support team, click this link https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us in a new tab or window. Once you're on the page, you'll see options where you can contact them via phone or live chat.

I hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to reply on this thread.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

Can’t join game or party

Hello Care13,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

6. Orion Lewis Win User

Teredo error

Alright so, I clear the Mac now I can play multiplayer games but can’t join party’s and the error is back
Thema:

Can’t join game or party

1. Can’t join game or party - Similar Threads - Can’t join game

2. Can’t join a friend’s game.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t join a friend’s game.: My son purchased an Xbox Live Gold pass and loaded it under his username. He has a child account, and I control the parental restrictions. I have it set to where he can communicate with friends,...
  3. can’t connect to multiplayer games on farming simulator 22. When he gets to the join...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can’t connect to multiplayer games on farming simulator 22. When he gets to the join...: Help please. Can’t connect to multiplayer. Red exclamation mark inside red circle for every game. What is wrong?? TIA 94e487de-5328-4b23-b985-c1e83bd91752
  4. Can’t join friends in certain games

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t join friends in certain games: I don’t know if it’s just terraria but my sister had a child account and we tried to join each other in terraria but it gave us a notification saying the parent had to change the online safety...
  5. Terraria: can’t join friends or create multiplayer game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Terraria: can’t join friends or create multiplayer game: I can’t join friends or use multiplayer at all when it’s downloaded but I can join and do everything on cloud play. I cleared bay types made sure internet is fine so I’m sure it’s not that....
  6. Why can’t I join ONE of my friends in any game!!??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I join ONE of my friends in any game!!??: For years now (4 years) me and only one of my friends and this works both ways we cannot play any games together unless we join off of one of our other mutual friends, but when it’s just me and...
  7. Why can I not hear anything in game chat, and also can’t join or make a party in xbox s,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not hear anything in game chat, and also can’t join or make a party in xbox s,...: Why can I not hear anything in game chat, and also can’t join or make a party in xbox s, the join party button is greyed out and wont let me click it! Please help...
  8. My friend can’t join my game he’s on switch I’m on mobile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend can’t join my game he’s on switch I’m on mobile: I’m on mobile and my Nintendo switch friend cannot join my game whenever he tries it says “connecting to multiplayer game” for about 10 seconds then it says unable to connect to world I’ve tried...
  9. My mobile friends can’t join my game

in XBoX on Mobile
    My mobile friends can’t join my game: So... my mobile friends cant join my game, it always comes up with ‘unable to connect’ We were able to join to the world before but then one day we couldnt join. - Everything is up to date. -...
  10. Can’t join friend in any game except Minecraft dungeons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t join friend in any game except Minecraft dungeons: My friend and i cant join each other in any game, on GTA it times out, on a lot of gamepass games it says the session cannot be found, we tried changing MAC addresses but that didnt work either....