Can't Install Metro Exodus

Discus and support Can't Install Metro Exodus in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have purchased Metro Exodus Gold Edition (which comes with all DLC). The game will not install and remains in the Install Queue at 0%. Resume install... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ibanez V7, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Ibanez V7
    Ibanez V7 Guest

I have purchased Metro Exodus Gold Edition (which comes with all DLC). The game will not install and remains in the Install Queue at 0%. Resume install button does nothing. Cancelling the install removes the game from the queue, but when I try to install again, the same thing keeps happening. It looks like this:

Can't Install Metro Exodus [​IMG]

The error details next to the DLC say the main game must be installed before the DLC. Error code is 0x80073d12

I have tried to install just the base game, Metro Exodus (Windows), without the DLC but it won't even add it to the queue until I select Install Gold Edition. Which then leads to the above occurring. When trying to install from the Microsoft Store, the only option is "Install from Xbox App" (I think this is new? Don't recall seeing it before).

Even after cancelling the install, I can not remove the game from my list. I can install and uninstall every other game in my collection and on Game Pass.

Right clicking on the game below, and selecting "uninstall" won't remove it from this list for some reason:

Can't Install Metro Exodus [​IMG]

I have also tried "Add or Remove Programs" and Metro does not appear in the list at all. All other games I currently have installed do appear and can be removed that way, then re-installed via the Xbox App.

I have been troubleshooting this issue on and off for 3 days now and have performed all of the obvious steps multiple times such as:

• Restarted PC
    • Uninstalled and re-installed Xbox App
    • Signed in and out of Xbox Live account and tried my Son's account, etc
    • Checked for Windows updates, etc
    • Have checked disc space and have more than 500Gb available
    I am also on a newish PC which I purchased late last year for Microsoft Flight Sim. I've used this PC exclusively for Xbox / Windows gaming.

Anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue?

:)

Ibanez V7, Dec 14, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Ibanez welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  3. Ibanez V7 Win User

Thank you Christopher for the very detailed and easy to follow troubleshooting steps. The Powershell command solved my problem. Thanks again.
  4. danielun1 Win User

cant get metro exodus game pass pc to launch

ok will this make me reinstall my games? also is metro exodus windows and metro reduxx 2033 the same? as i can get 2033 to launch but not metro exodus? metro redux only has 4 graphics settings wich is odd

also how do i install xbox app with admin privileges as i got it through the windows store in win10
  5. YAKKU Win User

Xbox Beta Game Pass PC Fehlercode 0x80070780 [Translation - Xbox Beta Game Pass PC Error code 0x80070780]

Hi,

habe alle neuere Versionen deinstalliert, Neustart und dann die 2015er installiert, wieder Neustart und dann wurde Metro Exodus installiert.

----------

[Mod Translation - Hi,

I have uninstalled all newer versions, reboot and then the 2015er installed, reboot and then Metro Exodus was installed.]
  6. syn1177 Win User

Metro exodus previous launch was unsuccessful xbox game pass pc!

I also have installed metro exodus and it finished downloading but when it is at 100% it says an error

0x80070780
Thema:

1. Can't Install Metro Exodus - Similar Threads - Can't Install Metro

2. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  3. I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help

in XBoX on Windows
    I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help: I play virtual gaming and I am having a hard time downloading the game and I need help if someone can help me please? 85094ede-f6b5-425c-b2ad-fc8e15617c7d
  4. I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...: Since I have bought the new laptop when I launch the xbox app it says the error code mentioned above and asks for updates and even after contacting the customer care and folllowing all the steos...
  5. Why can't I install minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 even though I do all the comon ways...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 even though I do all the comon ways...: I can't get minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 but it gives me an error every time and I have tried all the common was to fix it but it won't work fa98b81c-b4fd-4be3-be0e-1ee1f5b028e3
  6. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  7. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  8. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  9. Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...: I have a Ryzen 3 3100 Gt 1030 2 GB 16 GB RAM Can't install sea of thieves because I have X on system requirements even though I meet all the requirements as I had sea of thieves on my...
  10. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...