Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

Discus and support Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nick P3, Oct 22, 2023.

1. Nick P3
    Nick P3 Guest

Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and wanted the space. Now that I am trying to play again, I cannot install the game anymore. The game as of posting this is listed at 101.5GB, I have over 300GB free on my E: drive but am repeatedly getting the same error code.

I have tried just about every solution that I have come across from others with similar issues, but nothing I have tried has worked:

• Restarting the app
    • restarting the computer
    • updating drivers
    • updating Windows
    • reinstalling Xbox/Microsoft Store apps
    • Running commands in cmd and powershell to check and repair file integrity
    • changing the default settings for app installation location
    • trying to install on another drive (FCan't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005. :)
    • as well as a few others I am probably forgetting
    After searching through multiple forum postings, I came upon a post saying that the Microsoft store is only able to install some apps if they are on the C: drive. I am unable to try this as I only have a 110GB drive with 23GB free currently and cannot justify deleting/moving multiple other apps, files and my Windows program just to try this.

I would just like to know if there is an actual solution to this or if I just have to give up trying to play and accept that I wasted my money on this. If there is no actual solution, I would prefer to get a refund so that I can just buy it on Stream and actually get to play.

Since it isn't letting me post a picture of the actual error message Xbox gives me, here it is:

Something unexpected happened. Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may help. Error code: 0x80070005

:)

Nick P3, Oct 22, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: