Can't hear through headset

Discus and support Can't hear through headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My headset works fine on anything else but when I plug it into my controller I can't hear anything and no one can hear me. It was working fine until a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LilyJones1066, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Can't hear through headset

My headset works fine on anything else but when I plug it into my controller I can't hear anything and no one can hear me. It was working fine until a couple of days ago. I don't know whats changed. I have tried 3 different headsets they are all the same. I have updated the controller and tried a second controller, nothing changes. I have looked at settings and can't see anything has changed or is wrong. Please can anyone help?

:)

LilyJones1066, Feb 16, 2021
  2. pasqualeeno Win User

Hi!Are you facing this issue while playing to a specific game? If so, double check in game audio settings and, if needed, crossplay communications settings:

Set Up Crossplay Chat For Xbox One Headsets

Please, let us know :)

Regards
  3. LilyJones1066 Win User

Hi, no all games. Even when switching on.
  4. GuillotineGlock Win User

can't hear chat audio through headset

for whatever reason it started working now, it may of been that I had the power cord from the Xbox unplugged all night. I don’t know. I tried unplugging the power cord last night and that didn't work so I don't know why it made a difference now.
  5. Hordie Win User

Can't hear game sounds thru XBOX ONE Headset.

I can't verify this just yet.

BUT . That said. if it's like the 360 headset (which I believe it is) it's a communication headset only. To hear game sounds and voice through the headset you'll need to get a 3rd party headset.
  6. TS_955 Win User

We can't find a microphone for these people Error msg

Yes tested headset with laptop, they work fine. It is the whole headset- can't hear through it but the 'we can't find a microphone for these people'is the error message displayed. Yes, done a soft factory reset. No luck 🙁
Thema:

1. Can't hear through headset - Similar Threads - Can't hear through

2. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  3. I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party can't. I've tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party can't. I've tried...: Hello. I’ve bought a new PowerA controller because my old one was broken and I’ve bought a new headset aswell. I connect my headset into my controller and I can hear myself through mic monitoring,...
  4. Why can't I hear sound through TV when headset is on?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I hear sound through TV when headset is on?: My missus likes to watch, listen to new games I play through the TV, while I wear a headset. Why has this feature been removed? On PS5/PS4 you're given the option if you want the sound muted...
  5. Can't hear party chat through headset with xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't hear party chat through headset with xbox app on PC: Hello, I have searched for this problem through google and haven't quite found anyone with quite the same problem Maybe I'm not using the right verbage to describe my problem But I recently got...
  6. We have bought 2 turtle beach headsets and we can't hear games through it. We can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    We have bought 2 turtle beach headsets and we can't hear games through it. We can hear...: We cant hear the gaming sound through a turtle beach headset. 5e6f6384-f4e4-4a9c-a407-9df1a4420cb3
  7. I can hear through my headset but I can't talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear through my headset but I can't talk: So during christmas I bought a new controller. About 2 months ago I had a problem in which I could hear everything through my headset, but i could not talk. I just got a new pair and I still have...
  8. I can't hear the game chat or communicate through my mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear the game chat or communicate through my mic.: The headphones and mic are working ive checked. Ive had to buy several new controllers and they work for a bit but then the mic mute icon comes up and it all stops working again! Is there a virus...
  9. Can't Hear Voice Chat Through TV Speakers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Hear Voice Chat Through TV Speakers: I haven't able to hear anyone since last year I've tried changing setting's i don't use the Headset much i still like to hear my team. Any tips on how to fix this?...
  10. I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party can't. I've tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party can't. I've tried...: So, as I said in the header, I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party cannot. I've tried numerous amounts of things and none workout. I've tried, Restarting my Xbox...