Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect

Discus and support Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect only with this remote thought other remotes are fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lukeymac, Jun 12, 2014.

1. lukeymac
    lukeymac Guest

Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect only with this remote thought other remotes are fine

:)

lukeymac, Jun 12, 2014
  2. Uverse SD shows on DVR glitching

I never watch SD, so can't speak to this... But I saw a hint of my problem mentioned above, too:

I have extreme lag when using my Uverse remote to do anything with the Xbox One connected: change channel, select recording, rewind/play/ffwd a program, etc. The remote is just extremely laggy.

BUT!! When I turn the Kinect off in the settings, everything works just fine. I have absolutely no problems with my DVR/STB, but I lose out on all Kinect functionality.

devonair-0640A7BF-AC77-4068-8167-5FAC8A0C286D, Jun 12, 2014
  3. My Voice keeps dropping.

Are you a soft speaker? I tend to speak in low volumes so sometimes my friends can't always hear me. What kind of mic are you using? Maybe an upgrade to a more powerful one is needed?

Also, when you have your mic connected, is your controller connected to the plan n' charge cable to the xbox? If so, it might cause problems for voice as my friends have dealt with such problems before.

Dr Black Bones, Jun 12, 2014
  4. raja777m-953B1C21-A6 Win User

Microphone not working for skype-kinect-XBOneX-Stereo adaptor

it said no updates needed- when I connected via usb.

Now, Opened skype, made a call using kinect camera.

camera works fine, I can hear other people via earphone connected directly to my remote. However, they cannot hear me via the earphone. If I remove the earphones, they can pickup the sound from the kinect microphone.
  5. devonair-0640A7BF-AC Win User

Uverse SD shows on DVR glitching

I never watch SD, so can't speak to this... But I saw a hint of my problem mentioned above, too:

I have extreme lag when using my Uverse remote to do anything with the Xbox One connected: change channel, select recording, rewind/play/ffwd a program, etc. The remote is just extremely laggy.

BUT!! When I turn the Kinect off in the settings, everything works just fine. I have absolutely no problems with my DVR/STB, but I lose out on all Kinect functionality.
  6. MessiahBrowny Win User

Twitch issue please help

Yeah i turned kinect off as i dont want to be using that.

i started speaking in it and when i watched my playback on twitch i could hear myself.

now when i turned Kinect of and started using my mic headset i could not hear myself.
  7. Borss39 Win User

Question for those who watch TV mostly through DVR (previously recorded)

You can't watch dvr or record with Kinect yet. You will have to use your remote.
  8. Chris238 Win User

Get a break down of your REP, brilliant.

In that case, inked, you're reporting someone for vulgar language, not for using Kinect chat. You would have reported him if he was using a background noise cancelling headset too.

I think some people are getting reported simply for having Kinect chat turned on because you can hear constant background noise from them, even when they aren't speaking. That's what I disagree with. I can mute people in those circumstances if it annoys
    me.
Thema:

1. Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect - Similar Threads - Can't hear speak

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  4. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  5. My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...: I tried every troubleshooting solution there I could find, I even tried the steps that were posted on a similar question to this, and none of it seems to work, my mic works on other devices but...
  6. Why can't I hear people in game chat or speak?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I hear people in game chat or speak?: I can still join a party. Can still send messages. I'm not voice chat banned so why is everyone in my call of duty game muted? I can't unmute them either. I went to my Xbox settings and everything...
  7. Can't speak to/hear a friend on Xbox Live that I "reported" for abusive messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't speak to/hear a friend on Xbox Live that I "reported" for abusive messages: A joke gone wrong... and now I can't speak to/hear him and there doesn't appear to be an easy way to resolve this. Have tried everything to resolve this including blocking/unblocking,...
  8. I can't speak into my microphone but I could hear others

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't speak into my microphone but I could hear others: I was playing sea of thieves and someone came over towards me and they told me to join theyre alliance and i was able to talk back then but not now but i wasnt able to talk in game so i tried to...
  9. Can't hear or speak to friends on xbox platform but can hear and speak to mates on ps4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear or speak to friends on xbox platform but can hear and speak to mates on ps4: this is a bit confusing as I can't hear or speak to friends on xbox platform but can hear and speak to mates on ps4?? has anyone came across this before? Just playing fortnite any help would be...
  10. Can't hear or speak in party.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't hear or speak in party.: I am unable to hear other members of a party, nor can I speak to them (the other members are on Xbox One.) I have uninstalled Teredo twice, and have enabled Windows Firewall and disabled my...