Can't hear or speak to friends on xbox platform but can hear and speak to mates on ps4

Discus and support Can't hear or speak to friends on xbox platform but can hear and speak to mates on ps4 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; this is a bit confusing as I can't hear or speak to friends on xbox platform but can hear and speak to mates on ps4?? has anyone came across this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LordYogi, Oct 6, 2019.

1. LordYogi
    LordYogi Guest

Can't hear or speak to friends on xbox platform but can hear and speak to mates on ps4

this is a bit confusing as I can't hear or speak to friends on xbox platform but can hear and speak to mates on ps4??

has anyone came across this before?

Just playing fortnite

any help would be appreciated!!

:)

LordYogi, Oct 6, 2019
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Check this link for a complete list of ports needed for Xbox Live Services
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Yogi

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with being able to speak to individuals on the Xbox platform.

I would recommend that you first test your NAT type on your console. This can be done by following these simple steps:

1. Open the guide by pressing the Xbox button in the center of your controller.
    2. Scroll right in the guide to the System area
    3. Select Settings.
    4. Select Network.
    5. Select Network Settings.
    6. Select Test NAT Type

If you are receiving anything other than an "Open" NAT type, then I would recommend that you try the

Xbox One Multiplayer Game Solution
    wizard and see if some of the steps here work for you.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  4. LordYogi Win User

Hi thanks for that, tested the NAT type and its OPEN.

any other ideas? Im on my 3rd headset so pretty sure its not that.
  5. ThumbnailBox451 Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

I can't hear anybody through my TB XO One headset, but they can hear me. Game chat is fine, but in party chat it doesn't work. It shows me speaking when I speak, and my friends tell me they can hear me, and if I unplug the headset, I can hear people speaking
    through the TV speakers.

The fact that game chat still works proves that it's Microsoft's software, not my headset, adapter, Xbox or controller.
  6. Lxverage Win User

XBOX ONE OCTOBER UPDATE - PARTY CHAT ISSUES

It's clearly a software issue rather than networking. I can hear my friends, but their voices sound "robotic" and they can't hear me at all. Also, whereas usually in party chat, when speaking the circle next to my name becomes thicker and stays that way
    while speaking, now it flickers between thick and thin while speaking.
Thema:

1. Can't hear or speak to friends on xbox platform but can hear and speak to mates on ps4 - Similar Threads - Can't hear speak

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  4. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  5. My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...: I tried every troubleshooting solution there I could find, I even tried the steps that were posted on a similar question to this, and none of it seems to work, my mic works on other devices but...
  6. Why can't I hear people in game chat or speak?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I hear people in game chat or speak?: I can still join a party. Can still send messages. I'm not voice chat banned so why is everyone in my call of duty game muted? I can't unmute them either. I went to my Xbox settings and everything...
  7. Can't speak to/hear a friend on Xbox Live that I "reported" for abusive messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't speak to/hear a friend on Xbox Live that I "reported" for abusive messages: A joke gone wrong... and now I can't speak to/hear him and there doesn't appear to be an easy way to resolve this. Have tried everything to resolve this including blocking/unblocking,...
  8. I can't speak into my microphone but I could hear others

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't speak into my microphone but I could hear others: I was playing sea of thieves and someone came over towards me and they told me to join theyre alliance and i was able to talk back then but not now but i wasnt able to talk in game so i tried to...
  9. Can't hear or speak in party.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't hear or speak in party.: I am unable to hear other members of a party, nor can I speak to them (the other members are on Xbox One.) I have uninstalled Teredo twice, and have enabled Windows Firewall and disabled my...
  10. Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect: Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect only with this remote thought other remotes are fine 55345eaa-bbf1-4cac-8733-9b9a7891c31b