Cant hear game and menu audio through my headset.

Discus and support Cant hear game and menu audio through my headset. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Game audio is not coming through my headset and idk how to fix it. Before you ask yes I have tried to turn down headset chat mixer, there are only two... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sithdoge45, May 7, 2020.

1. sithdoge45
    sithdoge45 Guest

Game audio is not coming through my headset and idk how to fix it. Before you ask yes I have tried to turn down headset chat mixer, there are only two sliders appearing for headset volume and mic monitoring but headset chat mixer isn't even there. Btw
    I'm using earbuds.

:)

sithdoge45, May 7, 2020
  2. zKM z WeksDozzz Win User

Try turning up mixter and volume until you hear a buzzing noise.
  3. sithdoge45 Win User

my controller is up to date, but still my problem has not been fixed.
  4. KJCAPTAIN420 Win User

To start with you should make sure the controller you are using is up to date. If not up to date it can cause issues like you are experiencing. Go to the Xbox Accessories app on your console. Once it opens go to the 3 dot tab. Once that is selected first
    block that is labeled Firmware Version will let you update controller if it is needed. Hope this fixes your problem.
  5. DraftBacchus58 Win User

Game audio not playing

I can hear game volume through my TV, just not through my headset. I can hear party audio, just not game audio.
  6. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Can't Hear Game Audio or menu sounds through headset

Hi Joooooooooodie,

Thanks for reaching out! So, the headset used to work before with the controller but suddenly it only worked with chat and nothing else? The new headset did not work with the controller and the other is not updated and they are old controllers, correct? It
    also seems like this is on an Xbox One platform, not a 360 or PC.

Okay, what type of headset is being used? Afterglow, turtle beach, etc. and is it a chat or stereo headset?

Check out the following link for troubleshooting regarding Connecting a compatible headset to Xbox One. Also, try to update the other
    controller and see if it works with the headset.

We hope to hear back soon :)
Thema:

1. Cant hear game and menu audio through my headset. - Similar Threads - Cant hear game

2. I cant hear any game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant hear any game audio: I have a headset plugged into my controller but can only hear party chat and game chat, nothing else, how can i fix it? 853149ce-41f5-48e1-b06f-db91ba7d086b
  3. Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?: The person in my part cant hear me unless the game bar is open. I have tried restarting my computer, resetting the game bar, I looked through settings, did audio tests, and looked for a similar...
  4. Game bar - Xbox game bar party cant hear me when the App is minimized.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game bar - Xbox game bar party cant hear me when the App is minimized.: Hello, When using the Game Bar, The party I am in can't hear my when the app is minimized. or I click off to continue using the PC. This is a new issue that only raised during the most recent...
  5. I cant hear or speak on game chat for some reason any idea why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant hear or speak on game chat for some reason any idea why: I cant hear or speak on game chat any idea why 6caa072e-ab62-44bb-9fa9-a49847433d5f
  6. How do i get game chat to work? I can only hear but cant talk ..nothing is muted and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game chat to work? I can only hear but cant talk ..nothing is muted and...: Game chat doesnt work but private party chat does fcc0fb7d-1c59-47fe-af11-1292c20576ca
  7. Chat Audio: I can only hear and talk with my party in game play (Cant hear others) It works...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Chat Audio: I can only hear and talk with my party in game play (Cant hear others) It works...: When i play COD mw2 multiplayer in a party I can only hear and talk to my party member when in Game. When i play alone (not in party) everyhing works fine. Ive compared my settings to other party...
  8. headset chat mixer is greyed cant hear my game or music

in XBoX on Windows
    headset chat mixer is greyed cant hear my game or music: everytime i plug in my earbuds it says connected and when i go to headset chat mixer its greyed 4051daa8-c184-4097-8d87-633f85fb3a14
  9. when i try to use game chat people can hear me but i cant hear them i need help this has...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when i try to use game chat people can hear me but i cant hear them i need help this has...: when i try to use game chat people can hear me but i cant hear them i need help this has been a problem for awhile and ive checked my audio settings and im pretty sure the are good...
  10. Why i cant hear game chat when im in discord whit my friend?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why i cant hear game chat when im in discord whit my friend?: So i play modern warfare 2 and i dont know why i hear my friend really badly in game chat so i talk with him in discord but i still want to hear the game chat but game chat doesnt work at the same...