Can't hear anything from my headset on games and apps, but I can hear people in parties

Discus and support Can't hear anything from my headset on games and apps, but I can hear people in parties in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This started about a day ago. For some reason, when I have my headset on, no audio is coming from games or apps like Spotify, but I can hear and talk... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EnvyReaper, Apr 13, 2020.

1. EnvyReaper
    EnvyReaper Guest

Can't hear anything from my headset on games and apps, but I can hear people in parties

This started about a day ago. For some reason, when I have my headset on, no audio is coming from games or apps like Spotify, but I can hear and talk to people in parties.

Help?

:)

EnvyReaper, Apr 13, 2020
  2. EnvyReaper Win User

The problem is not my headphones because I can hear people perfectly fine.
  3. Flymonkey102 Win User

Can you try a different pair of headphones or earbuds.
  4. Flymonkey102 Win User

It's unlikely it could be a bad post in the jack. Have you checked your chat settings when you plug it in to see if the mixer is set to only chat?
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

Head set

My headset only works in party chat. When I'm playing other games I can see that people are talking but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. It only works in party chat.
  6. SamuelGurschick Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic Not Working for Party Chat

I can't chat in party or game with oem chat headset and i recently purchased the headset adapter and the official xbox stereo headset, same problem. I can hear people in party and game chat, yet they can't hear me.

My controller is updated.

I first had this issue during the titanfall beta...in a match, everything's good, i can hear friends and they can hear me, out of the blue they can't hear me anymore. Hasn't worked since.

I've tried everything, no effect. My new controller arrives today. maybe it's a controller issue. I'll let everyone know.

I was preview program as well.
Thema:

1. Can't hear anything from my headset on games and apps, but I can hear people in parties - Similar Threads - Can't hear anything

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  4. Can't Hear Discord Chat With My Audio Setup

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Hear Discord Chat With My Audio Setup: I have a pretty niche audio setup with Xbox that's worked great for me for ages with Xbox party chat. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Discord on Xbox which is frustrating when I'm playing with...
  5. Can't hear one person

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear one person: I can't hear someone in my party. We are both allowed to talk to other people, and I can hear other people talking. I already have my setting fixed to talk to anyone, but he Is just muted for no...
  6. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  7. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  8. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  9. My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...: The issue started when I was gaming with some friends, and then around the time I was turning everything off, I noticed that I didn't have any audio. So I tried searching for guides and nothing...
  10. I can't hear anyone on Discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't hear anyone on Discord: When ever I connect to Discord either by Xbox or through the app, I do not hear anyone. I have gone through all the audio settings but nothing is working. It shows other people and my self...