Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset

Discus and support Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why is my regular mic working, but not my xb1 stereo headset? I can't hear anyone and they can't hear me. 692b5a8b-fb9e-48ec-b5d6-a7eee09e3507 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mario12693, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Mario12693
    Mario12693 Guest

Why is my regular mic working, but not my xb1 stereo headset? I can't hear anyone and they can't hear me.

:)

Mario12693, Jan 10, 2015
  2. Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 console

We can hear other people talking, they can hear us talking. But she and I can't hear each other. This is a problem because of the noise cancelling headsets. She is using the XB1 stereo headset and I have TB X32.

xbox support seems stumped. Any suggestions?

CTRL ALT NOPE, Jan 10, 2015
  3. madcaliban
    madcaliban Guest
    Xbox Headset stuck on mute...and now the Stereo adapter is also stuck on mute

Been having issues w/ my headset where the mute light is always on so I can't hear or talk to anyone in MP games. Tried 2 different controllers so I thought it was the headset. Now the adapter that came w/ the Premium Stereo Headset is also stuck on mute.
    I'm not starting to think its a preference or system issue instead of hardware....unless of course both my controllers are SOL.

Anyone else experience this?

madcaliban, Jan 10, 2015
  4. Alariaria.
    Alariaria. Guest

What's your NAT type?

When mine was Moderate, I was able to talk to some people in some lobbies, and in other lobbies I couldn't be heart. However once my NAT type was "Open" I haven't had any issues since then.

You can try a hard reset, if you'd like. But definitely check your NAT settings and try getting them open.

support.xbox.com/.../nat-error-solution

Alariaria., Jan 11, 2015
  5. What device is being plugged into the stereo adapter?

Have you used the USB plug while the headset is plugged into the stereo adapter to update each and all controllers?

NewBlacksmurf, Jan 13, 2015
  6. Mario12693
    Mario12693 Guest
    My Xb1 stereo headset. Yes, I've update everything.

Mario12693, Jan 13, 2015
  7. What is the regular mic?

I assumed the regular mic was the headset and that your headset was some other headset

8. Mario12693
    Mario12693 Guest

Xbox One Stereo headset
    www.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset

The mic that came with the Xbox one works. My adapter chat button makes the game volume higher. Is it suppose to be like that?

Mario12693, Jan 13, 2015
  9. AND

Are people able to hear you in party chat ? (While not playing any games)

Are people able to hear you in game chat? (No, which games?)

10. Mario12693
    Mario12693 Guest
    Nope, I can't hear them and they can't hear them. I tried almost every game I have.

Mario12693, Jan 13, 2015
  11. Ok. I use that one.

If the controller is updated while the stereo adapter AND headset are plugged in all at once and your NAT is OPEN there shouldn't be any problems.

Do make sure that your Gamertag is assigned to the controller especially if you don't have a Kinect

By chance, can you test party chat outside any game

12. Go to the console settings

-Display & Sound

-Chat mixer

-select reduce the volume of other sounds

Then go to sound mixer

-make sure the green line is in the middle

Now plug in your stereo adapter, then plug in the headset into the stereo adapter.

On the far right of the stereo adapter, press the + until you hear a beep.

On the far left of the stereo adapter, press the bottom left button that looks like a human with a + in the chest. Press this 4 to 5 times.

Now go chat....

I see you play Destiny.

In this specific game, go to settings

-voice and select (automatic opt-in when solo)

-then select either (Headset only)

Or

-Blended

If you talk, a speaker icon will appear on your screen on the bottom right.

This means you're talking and the mic/headset is working.

13. Mario12693
    Mario12693 Guest

I just bought a new adapter and that fixed it.

Mario12693, Oct 31, 2018
  14. Mario12693 Win User

My Xb1 stereo headset. Yes, I've update everything.
  15. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Go to the console settings

-Display & Sound

-Chat mixer

-select reduce the volume of other sounds

Then go to sound mixer

-make sure the green line is in the middle

Now plug in your stereo adapter, then plug in the headset into the stereo adapter.

On the far right of the stereo adapter, press the + until you hear a beep.

On the far left of the stereo adapter, press the bottom left button that looks like a human with a + in the chest. Press this 4 to 5 times.

Now go chat....

I see you play Destiny.

In this specific game, go to settings

-voice and select (automatic opt-in when solo)

-then select either (Headset only)

Or

-Blended

If you talk, a speaker icon will appear on your screen on the bottom right.

This means you're talking and the mic/headset is working.
  16. NewBlacksmurf Win User

AND

Are people able to hear you in party chat ? (While not playing any games)

Are people able to hear you in game chat? (No, which games?)
  17. NewBlacksmurf Win User

What is the regular mic?

I assumed the regular mic was the headset and that your headset was some other headset
  18. Mario12693 Win User

Xbox One Stereo headset
    www.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset

The mic that came with the Xbox one works. My adapter chat button makes the game volume higher. Is it suppose to be like that?
Thema:

1. Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset - Similar Threads - Can't hear anyone

2. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  3. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  4. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  5. My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...: The issue started when I was gaming with some friends, and then around the time I was turning everything off, I noticed that I didn't have any audio. So I tried searching for guides and nothing...
  6. I can't hear anyone on Discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't hear anyone on Discord: When ever I connect to Discord either by Xbox or through the app, I do not hear anyone. I have gone through all the audio settings but nothing is working. It shows other people and my self...
  7. My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...: I tried every troubleshooting solution there I could find, I even tried the steps that were posted on a similar question to this, and none of it seems to work, my mic works on other devices but...
  8. People in my party can't hear me

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People in my party can't hear me: When I join/create a party I cannot hear my friends when they are talking and they cannot hear me when I talk. However, I can hear game chat and speak in game chat....
  9. I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.: Hello. I'm trying to use Xbox party chat on windows. When I have game bar open, the party works fine, but as soon as I exit game bar no one is able to hear me but I can still hear them. This makes...
  10. Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open: Since last weekend, unless the Game Bar is actively open, my friends can't hear me in the party chat, but I can hear them at all times though. I've tried reseting and repairing the Game Bar but...