Can't get two Xbox elite controllers to work for local play on PC.

Discus and support Can't get two Xbox elite controllers to work for local play on PC. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, and thanks to anyone here to help. The issue we're running into is not being able to connect and use 2 elite controllers with the USB connector... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EllieD's, Jan 13, 2024.

1. EllieD's
    EllieD's Guest

Hi, and thanks to anyone here to help. The issue we're running into is not being able to connect and use 2 elite controllers with the USB connector dongles (one older and one new, both controllers synced to one and the other respectively) The controllers are brand new and we were very excited to do local play. My PC does not have blutooth so there's no giving that a shot. Sometimes the controllers both show up as connected in the new steam interface, and can even be "edited" to add different controller settings, but alas, only one of either controller is working to connect to any games we try local. One controller can be plugged in via USB-C but we'd like to play on a tv monitor and away from the desk, wireless, without any issues. Any suggestions or help is again, greatly appreciated.

:)

EllieD's, Jan 13, 2024
  2. Björn Wagner Win User

Local Co-op Xbox Game pass PC (Two controllers)

Unfortunately, your suggestions don't suffice. I've now repeatedly tried it with two Xbox Wireless controllers connected via bluetooth to a PC. Everything works fine with those controllers on Steam games, including local coop with two controllers. But I have not been able to get two controllers to work on any game I tried via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. All of the local multiplayer games I tried recognized both connected controllers as one. Extremely frustrating.
  3. Jeff_698 Win User

XBox Cloud Gaming Local Multiplayer?

I can't get local coop to work either through xcloud for PC for games such as It Takes Two or Spiritfarer. Please help.
  4. Optical10 Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

My Xbox elite controller just stopped working yesterday on a recently purchased laptop but already had the anniversary update on it so I can't roll back to the previous version of Windows 10.

I've noticed now that in the device and printer section of the Control Panel I've got a Xbox 360 controller for Windows entry which isn't present on another version of Windows 10 install on my desktop PC so this laptop now has two entries the elite controller
    and the Xbox 360 controller in Control Panel.If I disabled the Xbox 360 controller entry I get functionality on the elite controller but on a restart Windows the 360 controller reappears in Control Panel and in device manager.

Strange thing that for a week since I've had this new laptop everything was working fine in, now steam doesn't recognise the elite controller and windows hasn't done an update so how's this happened?
  5. Negabyte Win User

Registering my elite controller

Note to Kapnasty, that only works if you have an xbox one registered. Those of us using the elite controller on the PC don't have an xbox one registered, and therefore can't get to that option on the replace accessory sub form
  6. VulturineGore65 Win User

PC drivers for XB1 controllers rolling out today

Right, I've tested two games with local multiplayer. Both controllers work fine side by side. I tried Sonic All Stars Racing as a Split screen race, works great. I also tried the PC version of FIFA 13. FIFA worked fine too with both controllers appear
    to work fine side by side as I tried a local two player soccer match.

I'm pretty certain that two Xbox One controllers would have no issues on a PC either.

Skyrim must just choose the first controller it sees. It no major problem there then, its only a single player game anyway.

Great work Microsoft!
Thema:

1. Can't get two Xbox elite controllers to work for local play on PC. - Similar Threads - Can't elite controllers

2. I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...: My Xbox elite controller series 2 was out of warranty, so I decided to order in a replacement, however as soon as I powered on the replacement controller I realized the Right Bumper is completely...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?: Hi! I have a problem with my xbox elite controller series 2. initially I connected my controller via bluetooth on windows 10, then I bought an xbox dongle adapter to reduce latency, but it ended...
  5. Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?: Recently I got an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller that has had constant problems. Every time I press in the right stick, the controller shuts all the way down and takes several seconds to a minute...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 - Problem can't contact Microsoft to fix. What to do please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 - Problem can't contact Microsoft to fix. What to do please?: The left button does not work correctly. Has been difficult since I bought it and now it's finally going bad and not working properly. It's only 7 months old and still under warranty. I went thru...
  7. My elite controller series 2 can't be registered

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite controller series 2 can't be registered: My Xbox elite series 2 that I bought using Microsoft says it's not valid & to try again. My right bumper won't work & I've troubleshooted everything I can & need to use the warranty...
  8. Why can't I register my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I register my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller?: When I try to register the controller, it tells me to check the serial number and try again. (I've had the controller connected to my Xbox for a week and I've input it correctly several times)....
  9. Help with Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Can't Stop Screenshotting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Can't Stop Screenshotting: I just connected my new controller to my laptop and once I started playing I discovered that the A button defaults to opening the xbox thing and the B button automatically screen shots. WHOS...
  10. Replacement elite controller also defective and I can't return or exchange it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement elite controller also defective and I can't return or exchange it: The Elite 2 controller I bought 2 ish years ago had the right bumper stop working. I discovered that was a fairly common issue and I went to file a warranty claim, alas it had expired. I was given...