Can't get the LG 4K TV (60UH6150) to power up/down via console.

Discus and support Can't get the LG 4K TV (60UH6150) to power up/down via console. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good morning! So I have tried to triage this myself, but I cannot seem to land it. This is how I am set up (no kinect....) Xbox One S LG Sound bar... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DonC72, May 1, 2017.

1. DonC72
    DonC72 Guest

Good morning!

So I have tried to triage this myself, but I cannot seem to land it. This is how I am set up (no kinect....)

1. Xbox One S
    2. LG Sound bar
    3. LG 4K TV - Model # 60UH6150
    When I power on the Xbox, the console fires up, the sound bar fires up, TV does NOT. I have to manually turn it on.

When I turn off the Xbox, the console turns off, the sound bar turns off, the TV does not turn off - I have to manually turn if off.

I went into the power options, and tried every possible combination (toggle, do nothing, send power twice, etc) but it refuses to turn off with the contoller or the media remote.

What could I be missing? I can't find any documentation regarding any bugs or known issues with power down or up commands via the menu on the sound bar or the TV. It's more of an annoyance than anything. Hoping the community can help me figure this out.

Thanks!

:)

DonC72, May 1, 2017
  2. Nelson01
    Nelson01 Guest
    Digital Sound Output

I am not getting digital sound output through my set up.

LG 4k TV

Pioneer Elite Receiver; 7.1 capable

Pioneer Elite Receiver controls signals to the TV from other device inputs

Hook up:

Xbox One S to TV via HDMI to HDMI2

Receiver to TV via HDMI to HDMI3

TV audio to Receiver via Optical

TV audio is set to Optical

Xbox audio is set to Surround

No set-top box; using antenna for TV signals

Results:

When watching TV or my LG Blu-ray, I get Digital sound to my speakers.

When using my Xbox One, I only get Stereo output to my speakers.

I tried connecting my Xbox to the Receiver, but the Receiver does not support the 4K pass-through.

My Xbox 360 worked fine through the HDMI set-up to my receiver.

What am I missing here?

Nelson01, May 1, 2017
  3. 4k UHD not working

Issue:

I've updated both the Xbox One S and my Netflix app yet when I try and select 4k content, like "Stranger Things" for example, it only says the HD version is available (HD icon next to "Stranger Things").

When I play the Netflix app via my LG TV, instead of the Xbox, I see the Ultra HD icon next to "Stranger Things" and other titles that are viewable in Ultra HD.

So why can I stream 4k when playing Netflix off the LG TV Netflix app but can't stream 4k when playing Netflix off the Xbox?

My setup:

- Xbox One S is hooked up to Onkyo HT-S7800 5.1.2 Channel Dolby Atmos receiver which is hooked up to my LG OLED55E6P TV.

Thanks in advance!

Mo

BroodFeather121, May 1, 2017
  4. Can't get the LG 4K TV (60UH6150) to power up/down via console.

Hello DonC72,

I regret to say I do not have any direct experience with LG 4K TVs. However, the first thing I would suggest is to confirm that the Xbox can control your TV. Go to >Settings >All Settings >TV & OneGuide and select
    Device control. Under DEVICES select TV (it may already display LG). Under TV select
    TV setup. At this point your Xbox will probability say "Your TV has been set up", but select
    Enter it manually. Under What brand is your TV? Select and choose
    LG, and click Next. The Xbox will display "Do you want to be guided through TV setup, or do you want to enter the model your?" select
    Guide me. At which point the Xbox will take you step-by-step and send codes to your LG TV to turn things on and off like MUTE, VOLUME, MENU and DISPLAY. If all this works, then we know the Xbox can control your LG 4K TV. If not, then this maybe
    an issue where you need to be "Using IR extension cables with Xbox One" . Note, that depending on your equipment and installation it can take some time
    after the Xbox boots up before it can turn everything on.

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/live-tv/use-external-ir-with-xbox-one

Good luck and good gaming,

SA

greg_window10_installer, May 2, 2017
  5. DonC72
    DonC72 Guest
    I will try that now. I am pretty certain I did all of that, but let me give it a go one more time to make sure. I was hoping to see that other folks had this TV with issues, I am sure this is me....

DonC72, Nov 1, 2018
  6. greg_window10_instal Win User

Hello DonC72,

I regret to say I do not have any direct experience with LG 4K TVs. However, the first thing I would suggest is to confirm that the Xbox can control your TV. Go to >Settings >All Settings >TV & OneGuide and select
    Device control. Under DEVICES select TV (it may already display LG). Under TV select
    TV setup. At this point your Xbox will probability say "Your TV has been set up", but select
    Enter it manually. Under What brand is your TV? Select and choose
    LG, and click Next. The Xbox will display "Do you want to be guided through TV setup, or do you want to enter the model your?" select
    Guide me. At which point the Xbox will take you step-by-step and send codes to your LG TV to turn things on and off like MUTE, VOLUME, MENU and DISPLAY. If all this works, then we know the Xbox can control your LG 4K TV. If not, then this maybe
    an issue where you need to be "Using IR extension cables with Xbox One" . Note, that depending on your equipment and installation it can take some time
    after the Xbox boots up before it can turn everything on.

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/live-tv/use-external-ir-with-xbox-one

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
  7. DonC72 Win User

I will try that now. I am pretty certain I did all of that, but let me give it a go one more time to make sure. I was hoping to see that other folks had this TV with issues, I am sure this is me....
  8. kjr54 Win User

Xbox One X blurry 4k

9. Player117966016 Win User

Xbox Oe X Scorpio HDR Washed Out

Can't help you there, but my scorpio doesn't even detect HDR on my LG EG9600 (2015 model; has HDR on netflix streaming perfectly; I selected Deep Color in settings). Still get 4K, but can't even get HDR to work. And my LG TV is the OLED mode if that has
    anything to do with anything.
  10. cheesyhunter1 Win User

Any TV experts out there?

Make sure which ever tv you get it is hdr compatible you will get the best picture possable when 4k is more openly available I own two lg 4k tvs the hdr ready tv picture is a hell of a lot better the the standard 4k tv
Thema:

1. Can't get the LG 4K TV (60UH6150) to power up/down via console. - Similar Threads - Can't 60UH6150 power

2. Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!: Help! My games (gamepass & subscribed) were working earlier, then I tried playing this afternoon, and I was getting an error. So I tried removing all accounts, and try login in afterwards, and it...
  3. I can't download my game profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download my game profile: [mod removed - personal information] c4b138f6-d0ab-451c-9970-59a1697eca6c
  4. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  5. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  6. Can't get my prize in MS rewards is it fake?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't get my prize in MS rewards is it fake?: I purchased MS rewards from for a life time of Xbox game pass they gave me the confirmation number I thought that would the code but when I tried it it did not worked...
  7. I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account: So a couple months ago I had some issues with my controller where it completely died and wouldn't charge/turn on. During the process of trying to send in the controller for a repair it randomly...
  8. I can't sign in on backwards compatible games

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't sign in on backwards compatible games: I can do the download profile because my password is longer that 16 characters can anyone help me please dadf3f99-b3a7-4ddc-9631-417761c36805
  9. Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.: My Xbox One S console was previously shut off during an update. (It hung in the middle of the update for multiple hours). I followed the guide for doing an offline update, but I can't get into the...
  10. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...