Cant get technical support on how to access the Realtek 7.1 HD Audio sound on my PC

Discus and support Cant get technical support on how to access the Realtek 7.1 HD Audio sound on my PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Guys, the people that sold my my brand new desktop PC cannot assist me. This is what i have, Antec NX290 Mid Tower Gaming Case Power Supplies:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AngelosAnagnostou, Aug 14, 2023.

1. Cant get technical support on how to access the Realtek 7.1 HD Audio sound on my PC

Hi Guys, the people that sold my my brand new desktop PC cannot assist me.

This is what i have,

Antec NX290 Mid Tower Gaming Case

Power Supplies: 500W 80 PLUS Efficiency Power Supply

Processor(CPU): Intel Core i5 12400F Processor

Heatsink & CPU Fans: INTEL Standard Heatsink & CPU Fan

Motherboards: MSI PRO B660M-E DDR4 Intel Motherboard

Memory(RAM): KLEVV CRAS XR RGB 16GB 4000MHz DDR4 Memory Kit

AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB GDDR6 GAMING Graphics Card

WD Blue SN570 1TB NVMe SSD

Sound Cards: Integrated High Quality HD Sound Card

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-bit

Now on their specifications sheet when i was building up this desktop they said this motherboard has 7.1 HD Audio using the Realtek ALC892/ ALC897 chip. I assumed that i can get surround sound from it. At the back of the motherboard there are only 3 3.5mm audio sockets

They are marked with pictograms which represent Line In, Line Out, and Mic IN.

On my old PC if i plugged in a jack plug windows 7 would automatically show a popup asking "what did you just connect?" and then you could tell it that you connected the Surround sound speakers etcetera.

On this windows 11 if i plug jacks in or out nothing happens on the desktop. As a matter of fact i only have stereo sound coming out of my Line out socket. I also have a 3.5mm socket on the top of my desktop which i assume is for head phones only.

My question is, have i been deceived by false marketing and indeed my motherboard is stereo or is windows 11 not supporting the auto detection of my jack sockets?

I am busy playing Farcry 6 and wish to have surround sound.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much appreciated.

Angelos

:)

AngelosAnagnostou, Aug 14, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

Cant get technical support on how to access the Realtek 7.1 HD Audio sound on my PC

usually it installs it automatically when you install the latest audio driver from the board manufacturer, i have seen it sometimes not install at all or not create a link in the start menu, least its sorted now.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

4. SwordofWhedon Win User

You need to contact whoever made or sold you the PC for support, and to find out the specific abilities of your machine

A codec is not the same as having outputs for such a feature. It's v possible given that the consumer electronics industry is eliminating analog output in general, that you are limited to stereo without using a digital connection, but you would have to ask your PC builder or MSI that question, as they are the ones with the knowledge databases to do so
  5. AngelosAnagnostou Win User

The problem is fixed. The issue here that nowhere on my desktop or in my list of apps was the "Realtek audio console". I looked for that originally but when i could not find it then i thought that it is as a result that i do not have the approriate hardware installed. Well if ytou type "Realtek audio console" in the Taskbar command line then it works. All my channels work independantly now. Thanks to everybody that participated in this chat.
  6. AngelosAnagnostou Win User

Hi there,

The download link says the page is not found Error 404
Thema:

1. Cant get technical support on how to access the Realtek 7.1 HD Audio sound on my PC - Similar Threads - Cant technical support

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  5. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  6. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  7. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  8. Cant get a teredo ip address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant get a teredo ip address: I tried every thing to make it work but nothing solved multiplayer connection cant get ip address And nat type also cant ip and unavailable please help me solve this...
  9. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  10. i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet"

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet": i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet" and ive been trying anything and everytime i go into settings on microsoft store my whole microsoft crashes...