Can't get MyBook 3Tb hard drive to connect to my Xbox 1

Discus and support Can't get MyBook 3Tb hard drive to connect to my Xbox 1 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had a 1tb external hard drive hooked up to my xbox 1 but decided to switch it with the 3tb one that I have had hooked up to my computer. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jmwade55, Oct 25, 2016.

1. jmwade55
    jmwade55 Guest

I have had a 1tb external hard drive hooked up to my xbox 1 but decided to switch it with the 3tb one that I have had hooked up to my computer. I plugged the 3tb Western Digital MyBook into the Xbox and got nothing. I tried all the tricks and tips that
    the support site gave me. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they have found a solution? Thanks

:)

jmwade55, Oct 25, 2016
  2. Nozabato
    Nozabato Guest
    External Hard Drive not being read anymore

Plugged in and Formatted a MyBook 3TB hard drive, set it up so that games would go there automatically, and now I can't even get it to show up on the XBox One anymore. Tried all 3 USB ports, of which only the one on the side ever recognized it, unplugging
    both hard drive and xbox one, and nothing's helped so far. XBox One seems to have the most recent update.

Nozabato, Oct 25, 2016
  3. jmwade55
    jmwade55 Guest
    Xbox isn't recognizing my 3tb MyBook external hard drive

I have used this external hard drive for a while with my computer and used a 1Tb for my Xbox 1. Now that the 1tb is starting to get full, I was going to try and switch them. However, when I hook my 3tb drive to the Xbox, it does nothing and shows nothing
    new has connected to it. I have tried formatting the drive on my computer to get it to recognize it and have tried all the tips from the support page on external hard drives. Does anyone else have any other suggestions as to how I can get my Xbox to recognize
    this hard drive or am I just out of luck? Thanks.

jmwade55, Oct 25, 2016
  4. marklutz12345 Win User

Subject : 2TB hard drive for xbox 360

Hi i would recomend a MYBOOK for external usage...i am currently using a mybook 4TB external hard drive for my Xbox One. I love it. For the Xbox 360 i would suggest a 2tb mybook, now be careful because there are a MyBook and MyCloud...i recomend MyBook.
    Hope this helps :)
  5. davawol Win User

Which External HDD you using?

i have a 1tb wd mybook essential and it is not reading my hard drive anyone know how to get it to work on my xbox one
  6. JamesTech Win User

External HDD Stays on

I got the 3TB version and this is what I Replying to all the Hard Drive question here as this needs to be fixed Please

I got a WD MyBook and I like it, but it doesn't shut down like it does with a computer

I say Xbox needs to make the Xbox One power off USB when you turn the One off

Please fix this issue Xbox
  7. JamesTech Win User

Touro Mobile Pro External Hard Drive

I got the 3TB version and this is what I Replying to all the Hard Drive question here as this needs to be fixed Please

I got a WD MyBook and I like it, but it doesn't shut down like it does with a computer

8. JamesTech Win User

Xbox One - Portable External Hard Drive - Will it Work?

Thema:

1. Can't get MyBook 3Tb hard drive to connect to my Xbox 1 - Similar Threads - Can't MyBook 3Tb

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  5. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  6. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  7. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  8. I can't post to Xbox LFG

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't post to Xbox LFG: While playing Destiny 2 I'm unable to make or respond to LFG posts using the Xbox system. I've unplugged, wiped the cache, confirmed my communication and multiplayer settings are set to 'allow'...
  9. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  10. I can't redeem a Fortnite xbox code.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem a Fortnite xbox code.: When i type the code, it says: "Check the instructions provided with your code. You may need to use it on anotehr web page or device, or you may not be authorized to use this code." What could be...