Can't get 5.1 to work with Series S and Sonos Beam

Discus and support Can't get 5.1 to work with Series S and Sonos Beam in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Series S isn't outputting 5.1 through my Sonos Beam. The series S is connected via HDMI and the Sonos Beam is connected via HMDI Arc. If I hook... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EssA2022, Dec 25, 2021.

1. EssA2022
    EssA2022 Guest

My Series S isn't outputting 5.1 through my Sonos Beam.

The series S is connected via HDMI and the Sonos Beam is connected via HMDI Arc.

If I hook up my PS4 through the same HDMI port I get 5.1 audio

Everything else works fine outputting 5.1, Netflix and Amazon apps on the TV, Spotify audio.

It's definitely the Xbox that's the problem.

The Series S....stereo PCM only. There seems to be no way to get it working

Stereo is the only setting that works. If I try Dolby Digital then I get no sound at all.

The troubleshooting says to select 5.1 in the audio settings menu, but there isn't a 5.1 option.

Has anyone had the same problem?

:)

EssA2022, Dec 25, 2021
  2. EssA2022 Win User

Thanks for the reply. The sound option menu in the link isn't the same as the one on the series S, there's no option to enter 5.1 or bitstream. The menus are completely different.

Choosing either Dolby Digital or DTS results in no sound from the console at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello again This, this is really weird because even the first link I sent you showed the Series S/X, I do not know if the Sonus Beam that has is the first or second, but by the images you sent me, it seems something related to configuration.
  4. EssA2022 Win User

5. Georges C. Win User

6. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello EssA2022, try following the procedures of the link below.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-series-x/How_to_...

Note (Standard Disclaimer): This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
Thema:

1. Can't get 5.1 to work with Series S and Sonos Beam - Similar Threads - Can't Series Sonos

2. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  3. I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...: My Xbox elite controller series 2 was out of warranty, so I decided to order in a replacement, however as soon as I powered on the replacement controller I realized the Right Bumper is completely...
  4. Series s can't play any games online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s can't play any games online: I've had an issue like this before. It was because some old privacy settings on my old account. I'm on a new account now. I've tried reseting my console both keeping games and a full reset. I've...
  5. After the last update can't scroll on some menu of my series x??? What's going on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    After the last update can't scroll on some menu of my series x??? What's going on?: After the last update can't scroll on some menu of my series x??? What's going on? 989a4524-ae05-4952-a82e-fe9c761c7b42
  6. Can't log into 360 account on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't log into 360 account on Xbox Series X: Hi I'm having an issue where anytime I load up a 360 game on my Series X I get a sign in error. I tried deleting my local 360 save data however, now I'm just stuck at the "getting your xbox 360...
  7. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  8. I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S: this setting is disabled for me, and I can't find anyone with the same problem as mine my monitor is an lg ultragear 144hz and i use an hdmi 2.1 cable ***moving this thread to en-us because the...
  9. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  10. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...