Can't get 360 wired controller to work for my laptop

Discus and support Can't get 360 wired controller to work for my laptop in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a controller that works fine. But when I install the software from the website and try to get it to work on my computer the steps that tell me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lunariselite, Feb 7, 2014.

1. lunariselite
    lunariselite Guest

I have a controller that works fine. But when I install the software from the website and try to get it to work on my computer the steps that tell me to find my 360 controller in a list on my computer it doesnt show up. the list is there but the 360 controller
    does not show up on it, I made sure it was plugged into my laptop. It is the one I use on my 360 on a regular basis so I know it works.

Is there something I am missing? Am I doing something wrong? perhaps my laptop is not compatible with it?

:)

lunariselite, Feb 7, 2014
  2. shortening Xbox 360 controller cord

Hello, I just bought the a wired xbox 360 controller for laptop, I find the cord extremely long for my needs. Is there a way to shorten the cord?

shortenxbox360cord, Feb 7, 2014
  3. 360 Game Controller

Good afternoon all ...

Can anyone tell me if a wired Xbox 360 game controller will work as a game controller in conjunction with a laptop? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

o0Gamer4Life0o, Feb 7, 2014
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox doesn't connect to my PC, missing controller driver in the device manager

@XBF Diego M.

It doesn't really matter if the PC/Laptop has Bluetooth or not though. The user is trying to get the controller to work with a wire, which worked before, and is the same wire I'm using. My PC doesn't have Bluetooth.

I already stated earlier that the Play and charge for the Xbox One also sends data, and it can turn a wireless controller into a wired controller. Only the 360 play and charge is just a charger.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Does anyone have the xbox 360 controller drivers??

Did your controller ever work before, or are you just trying to get it to work now?

The drivers for the Xbox 360 are not available for download independently anymore, and there is no reason for them to be, as Xbox 360 controllers have been natively supported by Windows since Windows Vista. The drivers can't be downloaded because they are already part of the Windows Operating System.

Is your controller wired or wireless?

Unlike Xbox One or Series X|S controllers, Xbox 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. If you've attempted to connect a Wireless Xbox 360 controller to your laptop with the Play and Charge cable, it won't work. This is because the Play and Charge does not send data. It will just flash. Xbox 360 wireless controllers need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.

Only Xbox One or newer Series X|S controllers can be both wired and wireless.
  6. MLD Woody Win User

Connecting an Xbox One to XBL through Hotel Internet

I checked the IP address and everything of my X1 and it matches my laptop exactly. They gave my free access to the "premium" wifi now though. Doubled speeds! 3down...

On the premium wifi, it says NAT is moderate, but I pass both the Network and Multiplayer connection tests, but can't get on the EA Server

On the regular the NAT is open, I pass both tests, but have the same issue.

It also looks like it wasn't a wired connection that was working before, it was still the wireless bi can't get the wired internet working on my laptop, work laptop or X1.

Maybe running the wired connection from my laptop to X1 would work?

I'm not sure if this is the internet, an X1 setting, or EA that's causing this.
  7. TornFromFear Win User

Wired Xbox 360 controller not working on PC

Thanks MildewySundew70, worked like a charm. I've been at this for a couple of hours. New the controller worked on both my xbox and my other laptop, a Toshiba, but my alienware 14x wouldn't accept it. BTW my controller was a wired one. so it works one both
    wireless and wired.
  8. Optical10 Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

My Xbox elite controller just stopped working yesterday on a recently purchased laptop but already had the anniversary update on it so I can't roll back to the previous version of Windows 10.

I've noticed now that in the device and printer section of the Control Panel I've got a Xbox 360 controller for Windows entry which isn't present on another version of Windows 10 install on my desktop PC so this laptop now has two entries the elite controller
    and the Xbox 360 controller in Control Panel.If I disabled the Xbox 360 controller entry I get functionality on the elite controller but on a restart Windows the 360 controller reappears in Control Panel and in device manager.

Strange thing that for a week since I've had this new laptop everything was working fine in, now steam doesn't recognise the elite controller and windows hasn't done an update so how's this happened?
Thema:

1. Can't get 360 wired controller to work for my laptop - Similar Threads - Can't 360 wired

2. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  3. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  4. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  5. Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live: When trying to load and play COD Black Ops 2, it is saying that my connection to Xbox Live has been lost and to sign in again, but I only keep getting this message. This has persisted after...
  6. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  7. 360 Red light so got another 360 & can't log on profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    360 Red light so got another 360 & can't log on profile: 360 Red light so got another 360 & PROFILE DON'T SHOW UP & GAMERTAG IS NOT SAME AS THE ONE. ON THE XBOX CONSOLE? IM PLAYING 15 YRS WITH LIVE GOLD ACCOUNT I HAV. YET NOT SURE. WHAT MICROSOFT IS...
  8. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  9. I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?: I got an Xbox 360 from my friend earlier, and I want to connect my external HDD to that. The format of my HDD is FAT32, and it says it can make it suitable for my Xbox 360 and that I should...
  10. My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911: Can't connect to xbox live on xbox 360 3e067eef-f17d-452c-b236-e24ecf004ee6