Can't format WD hard drive to Xbox One

Discus and support Can't format WD hard drive to Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone I am getting really ticked off with trying to use my WD Elements hard drive for my Xbox One. I just formatted it from the apple file... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Philip_Grimley15, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Can't format WD hard drive to Xbox One

Hi everyone

I am getting really ticked off with trying to use my WD Elements hard drive for my Xbox One. I just formatted it from the apple file system to NTFS and it showed up as a media drive. I want to use this for installing my games onto but with this hard drive issue it is making it worse for me.

I also just used it from an Apple Mac and formatted on my PC to NTFS if that helps.

Or would it just be easier to buy a brand new external hard drive just for my Xbox.

Any feedback is appreciated

Cheers,

Phil Grimley

:)

Philip_Grimley15, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

My best recommendation will be to try a different drive to be honest
  3. Philip_Grimley15 Win User

Yes it only came up as a media device, I tried earlier to fix the partition but I have no idea how to fix that sorta thing.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

I believe the partition may be the problem. I have seen a similar issue before that a partition was created for a drive on a pc, it only did show up as media device on the console.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

The drive is plug and play and should work without anything else. Check out this troubleshooting guide to see if it helps https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

You can also watch this video to see how to set it up https://youtu.be/PT3zrkkKwNg

Hope this helps.
  6. Philip_Grimley15 Win User

Hey Jesse

I had already tried to plug my WD Elements drive into my Xbox One and it didn't show up with the option of formatting the drive when it is first plugged in. When I also got into the storage settings on my Xbox One I couldn't even change over from a media device to formatting the drive so I could store my games onto the external storage.

My WD Elements drive is a USB 3.0 drive it has 1TB and some sort of partition that I did on my PC, so I still don't know why this isn't working ?

I hope this is a bit clearer.

Cheers,

Philip Grimley
Thema:

1. Can't format WD hard drive to Xbox One - Similar Threads - Can't format hard

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  4. I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even...: [img] [img] Please help, I don't want to use my C: drive since it doesn't have that much storage. c517403b-05c4-4e77-a535-8092e3cddf67
  5. Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!!: If you have an external storage hard drive previously used for Xbox One games data and instead wanna use it on Windows, please note that it's no use to just format the drive to erase all the data....
  6. DVD not working; want to get a couple games in Digital format but can't find them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DVD not working; want to get a couple games in Digital format but can't find them: I hadn't used my XBox360 in a couple years (really my son's Xbox that I inherited when he moved out), and when I tried to use it, it would not read any of my game DVDs. When I chose "Open Tray",...
  7. Logisat 2350HD+: Can't format external hard drive

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Logisat 2350HD+: Can't format external hard drive: Logisat (Set-top Boxes) 2350HD+: Can't format external hard drive hi I recently purchased a 1tb 3.0 external hard drive. When connected to xbox one it asks me to format the drive. When I...
  8. I can't format my new external hard drive for my xbox one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't format my new external hard drive for my xbox one.: I bought a Seagate 4 tb external hard drive, but my dashboard isn't coming up when I try to format the drive. Any idea why? 4ee5e914-bc61-4714-8b1d-c361b3b73a8d
  9. My Xbox One can't format my Hard Drive, Help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One can't format my Hard Drive, Help: Hello. Yesterday i bought USB 3.0 Hard drive with 3tb. But when i connect it a notification appears: ''Hard drive multimedia ready for installation'' but i want use it for Games an Aplications...
  10. Can't format external hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format external hard drive?: I recently bought the 2TB USB 3.0 Samsung D3 Station for my Xbox. I initially plugged it in and managed to go into settings>system>manage storage and formatted it but didn't save anything to it. I...