Cant enable 1440p at 120hz on ASUS VG27WQ - Series X

Discus and support Cant enable 1440p at 120hz on ASUS VG27WQ - Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a brand new ASUS VG27WQ monitor that runs 1440p at 120hz. I'm trying to change the settings in the xbox to take the 1440p at 120hz. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KyleClausen, Jan 19, 2021.

1. KyleClausen
    KyleClausen Guest

I have a brand new ASUS VG27WQ monitor that runs 1440p at 120hz. I'm trying to change the settings in the xbox to take the 1440p at 120hz. I've disabled 4K, changed from auto detect to HDMI.

My problem is: when I select 1440p at 120 hz, it keeps 120hz but lowers it to 1080p. this monitor can 100% run 1440p at 120hz.

Is there any work arounds? I know folks with the same monitor that have 1440p enabled at 120hz so I think it's an Xbox issue!

:)

KyleClausen, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Ron Amihai Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

Until you don't proof me this specific monitor (Xiaomi Mi Curved 34) enables 1440p@120hz with Xbox Series X, your comment is meaningless.

Yeah, there are some monitors with 1440p@120hz support for Xbox series s/x, that simply doesn't mean that ANY 1440p+ monitor with 120hz+ (especially 144hz+) can do it. Period.

I've tried everything, that (1440p@120hz) simply doesn't work with that monitor. I've already listed every step I've tried, I'm not gonna write it again.

Please read previous comments before posting the same dried comments...
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

You will need the Xbox Series X for 4K 120hz. The Series S can only do 1440p 120hz
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X. 1440p lies.

Without display 1.4 support there is no reason to target 1440p at 120hz. Only screens are able to do this have 4k 120hz with HDMI2.1.
    Hi,

Sorry you feel this way, but that is not true. There are compatibility issues with monitors and the Series X/S sure, but there are some monitors that can do 1440P 120Hz via HDMI 2.0 without issues.

The Five listed here
    from Rtings.com can all support 120Hz @ 1440P over HDMI 2.0.

I have also seen on here that the Samsung G7 can also do 1440P @120Hz effortlessly.

Just because your monitor doesn't work doesn't Microsoft were lying.

Also there is a lot more to the Series X than just a fast SSD. It has a GPU at least twice as fast as the Xbox One X and a CPU 3x faster. The Series X also has Raytracing.
  5. Busted Router Win User

Can't display 1440 / 120 (Series X)

Thanks for your reply. Yes I knew about the timings etc, and it does indeed work at 1080p / 120 and 1440p / 60 with HDMI 2.0 on the SX. My point with it working on the PC was that it wasn't a broken monitor :)

Can't find the original page for monitor compatibility, but here is the ASUS FAQ version for both Xbox and PS5:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045097/

The MG278Q is listed in the 1440/120 section in that table.

It is also advertised on the monitor page:

https://www.asus.com/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/Eye-Care/MG278Q/

"Full HD(1920 X 1080)@120Hz output on PS5; Full HD &1440P(2560 x 1440)@120Hz VRR output on Xbox Series X/S"

I've reached out to ASUS tech support as well. I had read that it may be to do with the EDID not containing all the info the Xbox needs, that'll be something for ASUS to answer I think.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

120hz

for 120hz you need i think hdmi2.1.

besides connecting the s at 120hz is not going to magically let it run at 120fps, you will be lucky to get 40fps on most games. kills my eyes running so slow.
    HDMI 2.1 is only needed if you plan to game at 4K for 120hz , on a 4K 144hz monitor, However there's no gaming monitors available at the moment, that yet has HDMI 2.1, the first HDMI 2.1 monitors that are likely to come in are around the same time as the
    Series X (Q4) launch or early 2021 (Q1),

1080p and some 1440p monitors can do 120hz over HDMI 1.4 if it's supported, but best ideally is HDMI 2.0 for 1440p for 120hz,

HDMI 2.0 can do 1080p / 1440p at 120hz and 4K at 60hz,

HDMI 2.1 can do 1080p / 1440p / 4K at 120hz.

For the Xbox Series X, it best to get a 4K TV or monitor that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1, to get the full potential out of the Series X.
Thema:

1. Cant enable 1440p at 120hz on ASUS VG27WQ - Series X - Similar Threads - Cant enable 1440p

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  5. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  6. my wifi adapter keep became hidden once i open some certain game and i cant enable it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my wifi adapter keep became hidden once i open some certain game and i cant enable it...: i was playing "the finals" and i immediately realize my wifi disappeared i try to troubleshoot it but it cant find my wireless network so it only try to fix my LAN adapter. i check my device...
  7. ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...
  8. have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...
  9. I cant enable Multiplayer on my Java edition of Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant enable Multiplayer on my Java edition of Minecraft: I recently got Minecraft today and it said that go to Microsoft account settings . But once there i could not find where in settings I needed to go. I watched a bunch of videos and they told me to...
  10. Why cant my xbox connect to my wired ipv6 connection when my router has ipv6 enabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant my xbox connect to my wired ipv6 connection when my router has ipv6 enabled?: My xbox cant connect to the wired connection using ethernet and says: Wired IPv4 NAT Type: Unavailable xbox.com/xboxone/Teredo Servie info is unavailable 599139be-c6bf-4c9c-a553-50b76e15ba50

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus vg27wq xbox series x

2. Monitor asus vg27wq a 120 en xbox series x