Can’t edit Xbox bio from web

Discus and support Can’t edit Xbox bio from web in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I cannot edit my Xbox profile bio (or even change my profile at all) via web. Only on the console itself. The link to edit the bio no longer works.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Care13, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Care13
    Care13 Guest

I cannot edit my Xbox profile bio (or even change my profile at all) via web. Only on the console itself. The link to edit the bio no longer works. What is happening? Does it work for anyone else?

:)

Care13, Sep 22, 2023
  2. Lavenia A. Win User

We recommend reporting this issue to team Xbox so they can further investigate the problem.

To report problems through your Xbox console, download the free Xbox Report a Problem app. To do so:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select Store.
    2. Select Search, and then enter Xbox Report a Problem in the search box.
    3. Choose the app from the search results, and then select Download.

Follow the instructions in the section “Report a new problem” to submit your problem report. For more details, see Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support.
  3. Lavenia A. Win User

I appreciate you for answering all my questions.

I want to ask further details. Have you also tried in private browser? How about connecting to another network? Will it give you the same results?
  4. Care13 Win User

I don’t get an error. I don’t have a “customize” option any longer. This is the screen I get now when I click the link. Same thing on pc. Same on different browsers. Same on iPhone - both safari and chrome. If I click profile I just get my feed and achievements and friends. They changed something? But I no longer can customize my profile.

EDIT: Removed photo from post for security purposes.
  5. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi Care13,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble editing your Xbox profile bio from the web. Allow me to ask some questions to help us further isolate the issue.

• Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that resolves the issue?
    • If that doesn't work, you may want to try accessing your profile from a different device to see if the issue is specific to your current device.
    • Would you please tell me what the error message says when you try to click on the link to modify your bio?
    Try this:

Use this link to edit your profile, then click on "Customize" to change. See photo below.

[​IMG]

I truly want to help you with this, but in order to give you an accurate response, I might need additional information about the problem.

I hope to hear back from you.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

Unable to edit account name, location, or bio

Hey there Lil Princess78!

Sorry to hear about the editing issues. Have you tried to edit your bio on xbox.com? If you haven't already you can try editing your bio on our Edit Profile page. I would also check to make sure
    that you don't have any parental controls enabled that may prevent you from editing your bio. You can find out if you have any of these settings enabled on our Parental
    Control
    page.

Give these suggestions a try and let us know if you are able to edit your bio.
Thema:

1. Can’t edit Xbox bio from web - Similar Threads - Can’t edit bio

2. I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country: When I click on edit profile information all the boxed are dark grey and uneditable. I need to change this from United States to United Kingdom My Microsoft account won’t link with my Xbox...
  3. Why can’t I play java edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play java edition?: I just got a Pc and i’ve wanted to play java edition of minecraft for a very long time, when installing the deluxe edition however it’s saying I own both editions but can only play bedrock....
  4. I received a early disc copy of starfield. Now I can’t preinstall the premium edition that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I received a early disc copy of starfield. Now I can’t preinstall the premium edition that...: I know the game hasn’t released yet but I couldn’t keep my excitement down. I already had the premium edition fully installed on my series x but now it won’t let me redownload it. If I go to...
  5. I can’t get the Xbox one edition for the Texas chainsaw massacre

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t get the Xbox one edition for the Texas chainsaw massacre: I have the Xbox series x and my friends have the Xbox one I’m trying to play with them but I can’t find the Xbox one edition it just gives me the Xbox series x edition I don’t know what to do...
  6. New system update why can’t we edit the homescreen

in XBoX on Consoles
    New system update why can’t we edit the homescreen: So the new system update changed the homescreen and added all kinds of new advertising I don’t want. It now only lets you have two of your own groups. Forcing you to constantly see their...
  7. Can’t go back to edit the email for sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t go back to edit the email for sign in: Hello . I recently deleted and reinstalled Minecraft. When signing in I accidentally used the wrong email address. Now when I try to change the email address it will not allow me to go back to...
  8. I Can’t redeem my minecraft java edition prepaid card

in XBoX on Windows
    I Can’t redeem my minecraft java edition prepaid card: I bought this prepaid gift card for minecraft java edition, the code works becuase ive typed the code into the redeem section. Afterward I type the code I click redeem button which then sends me...
  9. Why can’t I play the dlc for fallout 3 and new Vegas with the GOTY and ultimate edition...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play the dlc for fallout 3 and new Vegas with the GOTY and ultimate edition...: I have the physical disk for fallout 3 goty and fallout new Vegas ultimate edition, which comes with the dlc, but I can’t access the dlc. b54dae28-36af-4894-90ce-66fbaea2b4cc
  10. Can’t play Hogwarts legacy on wife’s Xbox one even though I bought the upgraded edition....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play Hogwarts legacy on wife’s Xbox one even though I bought the upgraded edition....: My wife can’t play Hogwarts legacy on her Xbox one even though I purchased the upgraded edition on my Xbox series X and we game share. It has been working on her Xbox one since it launched on the...