Can't download xbox profile onto my xbox 360 and getting error message (801540A9)

Discus and support Can't download xbox profile onto my xbox 360 and getting error message (801540A9) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I tried making app passwords and turning off two-step verification but all I'm getting when trying to download my profile is getting an error... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MikeyTU, Dec 18, 2023.

1. MikeyTU
    MikeyTU Guest

Can't download xbox profile onto my xbox 360 and getting error message (801540A9)

I tried making app passwords and turning off two-step verification but all I'm getting when trying to download my profile is getting an error (801540A9).

I don't know what to do and I've been trying to download my profile for a while now and it still gives me the same error message as before and I've also tried changing my Microsoft account password to log in but it also didn't work.

:)

MikeyTU, Dec 18, 2023
  2. UpriverSquid997 Win User

Is there a phone number I can call for help???

Every time I try to download my profile onto a new xbox 360 it tells me Sorry, Xbox live profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later. 801540A9. Tried to create profile with Xbox Live and it keeps saying this account is being used.
  3. MikeyTU Win User

I was able to sign into xbox live but I had to change my region(from south africa to united states) in order to do it and I recently purchased new xbox 360 games to download but they also seem to download only to 80% before saying the game couldn't be downloaded and that it also resets to 0% for example with saints row 2.

I believe it might be because I changed my region that is making the downloads not complete and idk what to do because I believe south africa's xbox 360 servers aren't working since 2021.
  4. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello MikeyTU,

Thank you for responding. I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble downloading some games on your Xbox 360 console. I understand how frustrating that can be.

There are a few possible reasons why you might encounter this issue. One of them is that the game you are trying to download is not compatible with your console region or language. For example, some games may only work on NTSC consoles, while others may only work on PAL consoles. Some games may also have different languages or subtitles depending on the region. You can check the game’s description or website to see if it has any specific requirements for your console.

Another possible reason is that there is a problem with your internet connection or Xbox Live service. Sometimes, the download may stop due to network issues, server outages, or maintenance activities.

A third possible reason is that there is a problem with your payment method or account settings. If you changed your region from South Africa to United States, you may need to update your Microsoft account country/region, billing address, and payment method accordingly. You may also need to remove any old payment methods that are no longer valid in the new region.

To troubleshoot this issue further, you can follow these steps:

• On your console, sign in to Xbox Live.
    • Go to settings, and then select Account.
    • Select Download History.
    • Select the item you’re having trouble downloading, and then select Download Again.
    • If the download fails again, select More info > Troubleshoot > Reset download queue.
    • If the download still fails after resetting the queue, select More info > Troubleshoot > Reset console.
    I hope this helps you resolve your issue and enjoy your games.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello MikeyTU,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with downloading your profile on your Xbox 360 console with Error code 801540A9. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, this is actually a known issue and Xbox Team are working hard to get everyone back on track.

In the meantime, I recommend you try the following steps on this link: Error 801540A9 occurs when you try to download a game to Xbox One | Xbox Support

We really appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. Don't worry we will make sure to send you updates once the issue is fix.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. CommChiefRPR Win User

Can't Access My Account (MrPresident 128)

I'm not sure if this is related, but now when I attempt to download my profile I am prompted with a message that states "Sorry, XBL profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later" Error Code: 801540A9.
Thema:

1. Can't download xbox profile onto my xbox 360 and getting error message (801540A9) - Similar Threads - Can't download profile

2. I can't download my game profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download my game profile: [mod removed - personal information] c4b138f6-d0ab-451c-9970-59a1697eca6c
  3. Why I can't download my Xbox 360 profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I can't download my Xbox 360 profile?: So, two days ago, when I delete my Xbox 360 Live profile which is eminyork, and when I was trying to download back my profile, I get a message that says, "there was a problem with the credentials...
  4. I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...: Every time I go onto a 360 game in the past week it won't let me on xbox live and so I looked online and it says to clear local xbox 360 saved storage and stuff and it said it would work. Now I...
  5. Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...: This should work for almost every single case where you cannot download your Xbox 360 Profile. First of all I have more or less figured out that this is due to an IPv6 issue with the 360 File...
  6. Can't download profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't download profile: Can't download profile And error comes up 40c0a37b-fe20-4bf3-ba8c-f11e981012d0
  7. Another issue of can't download 360 profile due to no connection. What's the deal with this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Another issue of can't download 360 profile due to no connection. What's the deal with this?: Series X will not allow 360 profile download, I am at my wits end. We upgraded to the series X for it's renowned supposed compatibility so we could maintain playability of our COD Zombie...
  8. I can't download my xbox profile on my 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't download my xbox profile on my 360: Can't download my xbox profile on my xbox 360. ddf184f2-9938-4c0f-9020-658b5c455fa5
  9. Error 8015190A on both Series X and 360, Can't Download Profile.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error 8015190A on both Series X and 360, Can't Download Profile.: Recently, I acquired an Xbox Series X and an Xbox 360E and I have been enjoying playing Xbox 360 games on both consoles for a few months. Yesterday, my fiancé got me a hard drive for the 360, so...
  10. Sorry this profile can't connect to Xbox Live on this console. To fix it, download it again

in XBoX on Windows
    Sorry this profile can't connect to Xbox Live on this console. To fix it, download it again: Whenever I sign in to Xbox live on my Xbox 360 It takes me to a screen that requires me to log in, once I log in with my email and password it brings up the error message above. So how do I...