Can't download Starfield into C Drive

Discus and support Can't download Starfield into C Drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I've tried downloading Starfield into my C Drive but it just popped up by just saying, "You can set your default install location to that folder.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by John Cruz1, Sep 10, 2023.

1. John Cruz1
    John Cruz1 Guest

Hey, I've tried downloading Starfield into my C Drive but it just popped up by just saying, "You can set your default install location to that folder. Try again."

I've tried changing the default install locations and more, I tried deleting Starfield and still stuck in this process.

:)

John Cruz1, Sep 10, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello John Cruz1,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello John Cruz1,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to download Starfield game to specific drive and is unable to because of an error. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

To help us identify what is causing the problem. allow us to share the system requirements for the game to run smoothly in Windows PC. This is required by the game developer support team when you install the game on Windows PC. See: System Requirements - PC - Starfield - Bethesda Support

[table][tr]MinimumRecommended[/tr][tr][td]
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 125 GB available space
    [/td][td]
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 125 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD Required(Solid-state Drive)
    [/td][/tr][/table]

If we may ask, are you getting an error code when trying to download and install the game through drive C? In Xbox app, did you set the default drive where you can install the game and apps?

For the meantime, here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

2. Make sure Xbox app is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.

3. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

4. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

5. Change the default drive for your new games and apps.

• First, open the PC Settings app by pressing the keyboard shortcut Win + I.
    • Go to the "System → Storage" page in the Settings app.
    • On the right page, click on the "Change where new content is saved" link under More Storage Settings section.
    • Under the "New apps will save to" option, select your target drive from the drop-down menu and click on the "Apply" button.
    • You may select the desired drive from the drop-down menu.
    • Go back to the Xbox App and try to select the drive and see if that worked.

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Sunny Ting Win User

PC gamepass games keep reinstalling after an uninstall

I am having the same issue with Starfield. Kept installing to C drive when I have uninstall it.
  5. AZRoboto506 Win User

Starfield is not recognizing my special pre-order items on one of my PCs, but it is on the rest.

I just uninstalled it at reinstall on my c drive solved my problem
    Did you uninstall all content or just the game?

And when it reinstalled, did it reinstall with the content all in the Starfield folders?
  6. Ian Palmer1 Win User

Xbox app not downloading on PC

This worked thankyou! But now when I try to download something on the xbox app, it can only download on my local C: drive, and I can't change it.
Thema:

1. Can't download Starfield into C Drive - Similar Threads - Can't download Starfield

2. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  3. Can't download Xbox App on pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download Xbox App on pc.: My xbox app asked for an update. I tried over and over and it wouldn't update. I uninstalled the app and tried reinstalling. when installing the app, the Microsoft app store won't even give me the...
  4. Can't download disc games on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download disc games on Xbox one: I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says installation stopped, Horizon 2 also doesn't seem...
  5. I can't download any games on my new pc due to the error "0xc0ea000a"

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't download any games on my new pc due to the error "0xc0ea000a": I recently got a new Lenovo Yoga 7i 2-in-1 computer and everything seems to be working fine except I can't download any games at all on it. I am able to download any other app that isn't...
  6. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  7. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  8. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  9. Series S console and I can't download starfield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series S console and I can't download starfield: All it gives me options for is to either play on cloud Xbox game pass or purchase as a gift 6d639502-dada-40ba-9049-b8bb3db0c4f3
  10. Can't download Starfield for Xbox one serie X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download Starfield for Xbox one serie X: Hi, I bought the Starfield Constellation edition for Xbox one serie X. I can play it on the cloud but I want to download it as my internet conexion makes impossible to play through the cloud....