Can't download PC game due to age restriction, yet I'm over 18 and have an adult account.

Discus and support Can't download PC game due to age restriction, yet I'm over 18 and have an adult account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I just got myself a new PC today and have been downloading some games from my game Pass. Now when I try to download any game that has an age... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sup3rNinja92, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Sup3rNinja92
    Sup3rNinja92 Guest

Can't download PC game due to age restriction, yet I'm over 18 and have an adult account.

So I just got myself a new PC today and have been downloading some games from my game Pass. Now when I try to download any game that has an age restriction, it comes up saying that I need to sign-in to an adults account, yet my account is an adult account and I'm nearly 30!

I've tried to get someone to call me back but even that won't work, as every time I request a call back and entre my contact number, It comes up with an error and starts me back from the beginning. Is there a number for me to call them, as I want to get this issue solved. I can't even chat with anyone via chat.

:)

Sup3rNinja92, Mar 27, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Sup3rNinja92, i'm sorry for what's going on, but here as this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we don't have access to there is some data and neither your account, we can't specify the real reason this message is showing up even your account being adult.

The ideal is to try again to contact xbox service via chat, log in with your account, choose an option and then click on common talk expert 24/7
  3. Smwutches Win User

xbox store (not xbox.com)

The age of your account would have to be 18 or over. If you're not 18 yet, your account would still be considered a child account no matter what the settings say. Child accounts can only purchase backwards compatibility content on a 360 console due to
    restrictions in that store.
  4. Smwutches Win User

getting rid of Age Limits/restrictions

Once the age on the account is 18, you can promote the account to an adult account. If the account is not of age yet, then you can't promote it yet.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

allowing my son's account to download mw3 elite content

if the accounts date of birth makes it under 18 then you may not be able to use the service as the age rating for the game is 18, even if you de restrict adult content.if the account is and 18 or over account then the settings can take while to change.
  6. I Mad0x I Win User

Purchases of this content is currently not allowed for child or teen accounts

You changing their Privacy Settings from Child to Adult doesn't change the account status to adult itself. So pretty much their accounts are still child. It will be possible to change it to adult as soon as they reach 18. If that is the age of an adult in
    your country ofc. You cannot change that setting manually. The restriction on downloadable content stays locked until they reach the required age depending on the content age restriction.
Thema:

1. Can't download PC game due to age restriction, yet I'm over 18 and have an adult account. - Similar Threads - Can't download game

2. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  3. Can't download disc games on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download disc games on Xbox one: I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says installation stopped, Horizon 2 also doesn't seem...
  4. I can't download any games on my new pc due to the error "0xc0ea000a"

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't download any games on my new pc due to the error "0xc0ea000a": I recently got a new Lenovo Yoga 7i 2-in-1 computer and everything seems to be working fine except I can't download any games at all on it. I am able to download any other app that isn't...
  5. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  6. I can't download my game profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download my game profile: [mod removed - personal information] c4b138f6-d0ab-451c-9970-59a1697eca6c
  7. Why can't I download games on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I download games on xbox series x: So one day I turned my xbox on to see that two games are updating but they've both stopped and will not go past a certain percentage. So I cleared the que to start again only to find now that any...
  8. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  9. I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....: I downloaded Microsoft Ultimate Word Games a couple of years ago. I've been able to play and watch my progress over the years. Today, the game wouldn't load from my downloaded version. However, I...
  10. I can't download games or access cloud storage on my Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download games or access cloud storage on my Xbox 360.: I'm having some download issues with the Xbox 360. I am on wireless internet connection, and my wireless is perfectly fine but the console is only reading the download speed at 0.01 Mbps, when my...