Can't download disc games on Xbox one

Discus and support Can't download disc games on Xbox one in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/_patoncrack, Jun 8, 2024.

1. Can't download disc games on Xbox one

I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says installation stopped, Horizon 2 also doesn't seem to show on the Xbox app despite all the other games in the series being there nor does it show up on the Microsoft store when I search for it.

submitted by /u/_patoncrack
    [link] [comments]

/u/_patoncrack, Jun 8, 2024
  2. ArminatorX Win User

A bunch if my old xbox 360 backwards compatible games arent showing up in my ready to install

Simply insert your discs into your Xbox One console, and make sure the console is connected online to Xbox Live.

The Xbox One has to download a "translated" version of the Xbox 360 game, as the disc is simply a "proof of purchase". The data on the disc is in a machine language the Xbox One can't understand, therefore it has to download a "translated" version from the
    online marketplace.

After the console has downloaded the game, you need to keep the disc in the drive to prove you still own the game.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Dead Space 2 360 on demand

No sorry, the disc version's are not linked, you can't claim a free digital only download of a game because you own the game on disc on the 360. If you intend to play these games on an Xbox One, you won't need to buy them again, just insert them in the
    drive and the game will be downloaded to Xbox One console. You will only need the disc to verify ownership. This applies to all Xbox 360 BC games on Xbox One.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

USB backward compatibility

To explain a bit why that won't work:

The Xbox One doesn't understand the "language" in which the Xbox 360 games are stored on disc or USB. The disc for physical copies is just a "proof of purchase" for the Xbox One, and the actual code for running the game on the Xbox One is downloaded from
    the Xbox Marketplace in a "translated" language the Xbox One can understand.

If you installed a game from disc on an USB drive, it's missing the "proof of purchase" license the disc would provide.

If it were a digital download game, it would show up under Ready to Install in your account's Games and Apps, and you could simply download it for free, as the "proof of purchase" for a digital download game is stored in your account.

However without a disc, there is no proof of purchase, and you can't install the game on the Xbox One.
  5. MrEngineer Win User

Mechwarrior 5 disc wont play

I am convinced that this issue is not a technical one and is instead a misprint.

I think the version on the disc is ONLY for Xbox Series X, and the box was incorrectly labeled to also say "Xbox One".

This would explain the error.

However, I did find out that even though you can't "install" the game from this disc on an xbox one, you can use it to prove to the microsoft store you own this game and it will allow you to download, install and run this game on your xbox one as long as this disc is in the drive.

Hope this tip helps a little, but I have another xbox that doesn't have internet access, so I can't even download it and thats why I bought this disc.
  6. XBA_Hype Win User

Xbox One features.

• Select digital games for Xbox 360 and the original Xbox work on Xbox One. The ones you own will appear in the Ready to Install section of your games & apps. Select the game to install it.
    • For disc-based games, insert the disc. If it's on the list, the game will download. You'll need to keep the disc in the drive to play.
    • Games for the original Xbox also work on Xbox One, but compatibility is one way: you can't play Xbox One games on Xbox 360 or the original Xbox.
Thema:

Can't download disc games on Xbox one

1. Can't download disc games on Xbox one - Similar Threads - Can't download disc

2. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  3. My series X has no problems reading any other disc for download,but I got MWII and I can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My series X has no problems reading any other disc for download,but I got MWII and I can't...: How do I get my MWII disc to download,I have tried everything I know to do,just won't read it,but will read and download any other game just fine,it's driving me nuts HELP!!¡¡!!...
  4. I can't download Forza Motorsport 6 off of my disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Forza Motorsport 6 off of my disc: I try to download Forza 6, but it just tells me that my installation was stopped? I've tried restarting, and the disc is clean. I have about 30% storage space left on a 1TB Xbox One S....
  5. Can't Download Batman: Arkham Origins on original Xbox One from Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Download Batman: Arkham Origins on original Xbox One from Disc: I was able to get the disc app prompt to randomly appear that would allow me to download the game, but it gave me the ""this game is not playable here. For a list of Xbox 360 games playable on...
  6. Can't Download Black Ops Cold War From Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Download Black Ops Cold War From Disc: I am on Xbox One and uninstalled Cold War. When I went to reinstall it on disc, it repeatedly fails at 0%. I have tried everything on this link twice...
  7. i've buyed minecraft xbox one edition disc but i can't download the latest version of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i've buyed minecraft xbox one edition disc but i can't download the latest version of...: how i said on title, on the title screen has a button saying "download the latest version for free" but i still have to pay for the latest minecraft on store , someone can teach to me how to...
  8. Can't Download Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Download Disc: So, today I bought a used copy of Skate 3 for 360 from GameStop because I saw it was backwards compatible. When insert the disc in my Xbox one and click to install an error message pops up saying...
  9. Can't Download Game From Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Download Game From Disc: My issue is that I am currently trying to download Forza Horizon 2 on disc, but the installation keeps stopping even though my connection, storage, and disc are all fine. I've restarted the Xbox,...
  10. I can't download my gta 5 and my disc is in the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download my gta 5 and my disc is in the xbox: It gets really annoying cause I can't play because I love the game gta but I can't play it cecf34bd-906a-4da0-8599-8ef6adb02aac